Plan B.....Just as secretive as Plan A? | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Plan B.....Just as secretive as Plan A?

O

oggyale

The paper also says the Council are ruling nothing in and nothing out at the moment regarding Plan B.

O

oggyale

In today's Herald it says Brent sees Plan A as the best solution for Argyle.

I asked four questions earlier in the week,and not one Trust member or supporter answered those questions.

So here they are again.

1) Is Brent willing to invest more into the club should the Council reject the idea of buying back the ground,with Trust finacial backing also.

2) If the rescue plan comes to fruition,how many Trust members are likely to have seats on a new Board.

3) Is the Trust aiming to make the club a ''not for profit club'',where all monies gained/raised will go straight back into the club.

4) Will the Trust in the future be able to purchase the club themselves and if they do will (3) still apply.

O

oggyale

Green_1979":kptw50xi said:
Just my opinion of course, but we, as fans (and trust members) seem to be just as in the dark with the nicey nicey/family run/community run/plan B as plan A. We hear about these meetings between the select few, but never hear the ins and outs so as not to upset anybody from plan A!
I'd like to know how does the reluctant bidder....sorry, James Brent plan on keeping mobey coming into the club. The council (for whom he was previously employed?) seem to have done a u turn on buying the ground. Is this at mates rates so that he can build one of his hotels on site?
Why are internet message board posters needing to be so close to the preparation of a plan B? Surely if James Brent is half the superhero he is being portrayed as, then he doesn't need keyboard warriors to help him....or is it more a ploy of these people to try and get a place on any new board. A board full of 'yes men' would be just brilliant.
Personally I dont actually want the little ginger one to come within a mile of our club, having already had one business go mammaries up because of him I don't want to see my football club go the same way.
Both bids have too many unanswered questions for my liking, and this site seems to have certain posters who are trying to de rail one bid for personal gain, which doesn't sit right with me.

:iagree:

A

Anonymous

esmer":xd8q7s2d said:
I quite understand the need for confidentiality for both plan A and plan B but I too am suspicious that some who are involved with plan B hope to end up in some shape or form running the club and that constitutes a clear conflict of interest. The Trust have shown clear bias against the PB's and some of the dream team now working with Brent have been virulently opposed to the PB's. It could easily be construed they have done so in self-interest. Would it not be appropriate for those now involved to make it clear, publicly, that they would not be involved in the future running of the club and if it came to pass they would stand aside for other fans to take on that task.

If we are to have a brave new world we don't want to start it mired in controversy, do we?

Esmer. I am sure I can speak for all that attended the Rescue Plan meeting yesterday. To be clear should the Rescue Plan be required and the future of the football club is secured then James Brent's Akkeron Group will be the owners with a corporate governance structure in place that is directly answerable to him. So your statement that 'some who are involved with Plan B hope to end up in some shape or form running the club' needs to be robustly rejected.

If some of your barb is directed at members of the Trust ISC then I think you have conveniently forgotten that shortly there will be an election and no-one is certain of re-election. I have witnessed at first hand Chris's remarkable desire, will and commitment supported by other members of the ISC. Notwithstanding, he has correctly made sure that other supporters groups are fully represented in thre Rescue Plan and the group is all the stronger for that.

The 'dream team' as you call it are a group of like-minded individuals whose only mind set is to do all they can to safeguard the future of the football club. You may recall that Chris Webb called for assistance and people stepped forward to freely offer their time. Some take leave just to attend the meetings.. Led by Chris, and rightly so, the group has engaged with James Brent and the Council in an effort to ensure that a Rescue Plan can be delivered. James Brent's commitment is well documented and now the Council's statement in the Herald today has reinforced their will to do all they can to safeguard the future of the club.

I know it is a difficult concept for some to understand but safeguarding the future of the club is way, way beyond any self interest. If James Brent has the chance, working with the Council, to secure the future of the football club then I am sure that he will want to call upon the best talents to ensure that the club is maintained on a proper and sustainable footing.

For me, since you ask the question of members of the group, my only driving force since I became I stepped forward to assist the Trust ISC is to be sure that I had a season ticket in the Lyndhurst to watch my team try and secure a promotion back to League 1. That may be a difficult concept for some to grasp but it remains my overiding consideration. If I can do a little to help achieve that ambition, rather than sit on my hands, then I can sleep a little easier at night.

Esmer, finally I think we can agree that none of this should have been necessary. However, as I left the meeting yesterday I was overwhelmed by the goodwill, determination and passion of a group of individuals linked only by their absolute desire and common interest to secure the future of the football club. In saying that I must say your remarks are ill-judged and wide of the mark.

pilgrimmike1

R.I.P
Oct 5, 2010
oggieland
Just out of interest and not having a go but who are we talking about here and where is the evidence that anyone is doing anything for " personal gain". Could it not be that the trust is just doing what a trust should do and look after OUR interests and that of OUR club.

L

lostinleeds

esmer":ygfzf47h said:
I quite understand the need for confidentiality for both plan A and plan B but I too am suspicious that some who are involved with plan B hope to end up in some shape or form running the club and that constitutes a clear conflict of interest. The Trust have shown clear bias against the PB's and some of the dream team now working with Brent have been virulently opposed to the PB's. It could easily be construed they have done so in self-interest. Would it not be appropriate for those now involved to make it clear, publicly, that they would not be involved in the future running of the club and if it came to pass they would stand aside for other fans to take on that task.

If we are to have a brave new world we don't want to start it mired in controversy, do we?

This is bizarre logic. Why wouldn't people who are involved in setting up a back-up bid, also potentially want to help run the club if the bid came to pass. Are you suggesting that the Trust shouldn't be involved in running the club? If you are instead directing the question at a particular person, maybe you should discuss it with them directly. Presumably by this logic Ridsdale should step aside and refuse to own the club in Plan A, given that he's been 'involved' with setting up Plan A.

In terms of conflict of interest, how about the fact that Ridsdale appointed BG, BG then appoints Ridsdale as acting chairman, and subsequently chooses a bid that sees Ridsdale get the club for £1 - does that not represent a far greater conflict of interest?

Also interesting the the OP is a new user??

Peter Jones

R.I.P
Mar 4, 2004
Just out of interest - do you have a workable, funded Plan C ready to go should Plan A fail?*

Other than commenting on the irony of people moaning about "secrecy" whilst hiding behind a pseudonym, and without wanting to be alarmist, I can assure you that the club is on the brink financially.

The reasons for that are well documented, but the problems have been exacerbated by the fact that four months have now been lost through certain critical choices made by the administrator.

If plan A falls on or before August 5, it will require a serious effort and a fair wind even to make Plan B work.

There simply isn't time for a Plan C. Unless it's a long way down the track with its preparation. And there's no evidence of that being the case.

*edited to add: this post was a response to "oggyvale"'s further up the page

Daz

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 30, 2003
Andy_Symons":34hs3pid said:
Daz":34hs3pid said:
Andy_Symons":34hs3pid said:
Every 'Plan B' meeting has been reported on here, with a full list of those in attendance. Press releases have been issued, too. Given that, Heaney aside, we still have no idea who's behind 'Plan A', I'd say that there's already a lot more openness about Plan B than we'be ever had from the PB's. And to suggest that we don't know enough about the detail of Plan B is just wrong. Brent set out his thoughts quite early on in the process.

Anyone expecting full disclosure of plans and process from the Plan B camp is living in Cloud-Cuckoo land. In any takeover there has to be elements of confidentiality and non-disclosure. It's the nature of such transactions.

I'm certainly now a fan of plan B now, but i can see where people are coming from with the accusation of double standards. Knowing who is in the meetings and press releases saying we had a positive meeting doesn't actually give any 'meat on the bones' for the standard fan who does not have any contacts who were in the meeting.

you'll correct me if I'm wrong, but when the idea of a back-up plan was first mooted, one of the things I remember seeing was a statement to the effect that, if anyone felt they had something to contribute, they should make themselves known and get themsleves along to the meetings. I've never been under the impression that 'Plan B' was some sort of 'closed shop'.

So if you wanted to know what is happening you should have put yourself forward? That wouldn't work Andy.

P

PlymptonPilgrim

Peter_Jones":2dse286l said:
Just out of interest - do you have a workable, funded Plan C ready to go should Plan A fail?*

Other than commenting on the irony of people moaning about "secrecy" whilst hiding behind a pseudonym, and without wanting to be alarmist, I can assure you that the club is on the brink financially.

The reasons for that are well documented, but the problems have been exacerbated by the fact that four months have now been lost through certain critical choices made by the administrator.

If plan A falls on or before August 5, it will require a serious effort and a fair wind even to make Plan B work.

There simply isn't time for a Plan C. Unless it's a long way down the track with its preparation. And there's no evidence of that being the case.

Peter, I'm sure that's right, but during this whole sorry saga have we have seen deadlines come and go, each apparently more fixed than the last.

If, and it seems to be a big if, the 5 August deadline passes without completion, will we see yet another extension, or will BG finally say to Heaney and Co, 'sorry lads, you've had your chance'.

Peter Jones

R.I.P
Mar 4, 2004
PlymptonPilgrim":1mhmw3t6 said:
Peter_Jones":1mhmw3t6 said:

Peter, I'm sure that's right, but during this whole sorry saga have we have seen deadlines come and go, each apparently more fixed than the last.

If, and it seems to be a big if, the 5 August deadline passes without completion, will we see yet another extension, or will BG finally say to Heaney and Co, 'sorry lads, you've had your chance'.

I think that if the PB is unable or unwilling to do the deal by August 5, there are two alternatives.

One is liquidation; the other is the Rescue Plan.

I suspect that Guilfoyle now accepts this. "Drinking in the last chance saloon" and all that.

I also suspect that his preference would be the Rescue Plan rather than pop down to B&Q for a few padlocks. He has a reputation to preserve, and there'll be more administration work coming up.

Dec 2, 2010
Plymouth
PlymptonPilgrim":1d1d54ge said:

We don't just have to worry about what BG says, we have to worry more about what the FL says; we kick off the next day. What a stupid deadline for the deal to complete.

Daz

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 30, 2003
greengenes":19u57wk5 said:
I'm more than a little angry at the premise set out in the OP .
I'll keep that to myself though .

A lot of good hearted people are merely giving freely of their time and putting in a lot of effort TO SAVE THE CLUB IF PLAN A FAILS .

I'll say this as well .

Plan A is as secretive as it can be . Its hidden behind layers and layers of deception but if it saves the Club so be it .

The Rescue Plan is as OPEN AS IT CAN BE . If those who are involved put forward all the details they would be accused (and rightly so ) of undermining and attempting to sabotage Plan A .

One is a secretive takeover bid .
One is a rescue plan if the above fails .
Tell me which bit of that you don't get . :twisted:

There are also some people that will gain from being involved. I'm not saying that this is the reason they are involved as i truly believe that they are doing it for the right reasons, but dont think for one minute GG that some of the atendees wont do very well if it all comes off and works well... good luck to them.