Paying off his contract | Page 7 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Paying off his contract

May 16, 2016
Balham_Green":1b8tx45p said:
PL2 3DQ":1b8tx45p said:
Since Adams signed his five year contract he's had a new CEO, a new owner and a new chairman. In effect, three new bosses.

When he signed his contract Adams knew Martyn Starnes was leaving but he didn't know who would replace him.

Felwick and Dunford would have obviously not been part of the decision to award a five year contract but as a board member Hallett would have been involved in the decision process.

Whether all this means anything I don't know but worth pointing out that by October 31 Adams will have three new bosses in place. Adams has gone on record regarding his excellent working relationship with James Brent and Starnes.

I don't think Adams will be sacked before January because I reckon the board will assess our league position at that point and decide whether Adams can have some funds to bring in new players in January or if we are still in the relegation zone sack him and give the funds to a new manager.

It all depends on our league position just before January - I expect us to be lower midtable.

Balham will be along shortly to call me deluded and talking nonsense, just as he does with everyone else. 

ONLY when the likes of Biggs don't talk sense. My concern with the above would be how would a new manager coming in in z January know where to strengthen.

Good point, because I doubt any potential manager would have done any research or been keeping themselves up to date with the Clubs progress.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Parasite... an organism which lives in or on another organism (its host) and benefits by deriving nutrients at the other's expense.

UTL started this thread, and has been pointed out by others, only posts when we are doing badly. He didn’t post AT ALL during last season’s form table topping run.

I don’t think parasite is an outrageous term.

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
Biggs":uhr8vzm7 said:
Parasite... an organism which lives in or on another organism (its host) and benefits by deriving nutrients at the other's expense.

UTL started this thread, and has been pointed out by others, only posts when we are doing badly. He didn’t post AT ALL during last season’s form table topping run.

There's no point in picking on the originator of the post just because you don't like what's written. There are many who find the endless positivity and ridiculous optimism in the face of contrary fact equally outrageous.

Whoever started this thread does not matter. The tide has turned and whilst i respect your Canute like stance you're wet up to your knees.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
There are very few preaching endless positivity and ridiculous optimism, now that GA1984 no longer seems to post.

Just perspective and calm (basically Ian’s post on the last page) rather than endless doom-mongering and the contention that Derek Adams is a complete idiot. We’re 8 games in after three years of success, and we know things can change quickly and drastically with this set of players and manager.

Is that too ridiculously optimistic, Mark? Is Postey also deluded because he thinks we’ll be lower mid table by January? Presumably you think so, as yesterday you stated even those last three league finishes were characterised by poor management.

A

andyr1963

Biggs":c32apywd said:

Suggest you read again the very first sentence of this thread.

Up The Line is an absolute rank amateur when it comes to wind up, IMO the greatest exponent of the troll was Freathy. An absolute master. :greensmile:

Oct 24, 2010
Mark Pedlar":ryiozdy6 said:
Biggs":ryiozdy6 said:

There's no point in picking on the originator of the post just because you don't like what's written. There are many who find the endless positivity and ridiculous optimism in the face of contrary fact equally outrageous.

Whoever started this thread does not matter. The tide has turned and whilst i respect your Canute like stance you're wet up to your knees.
Why do you find optimism ridiculous? Adams made fools of you all last season, it's perfectly logical to expect him to do the same this. I know it is knee jerk time for some but I had no doubts we would comfortably survive relegation last season, so we will again this. It's a challenge but Adams and the team are more than capable,as they proved last year.

Sep 6, 2006
esmer":9qvor8j2 said:
Mark Pedlar":9qvor8j2 said:
Biggs":9qvor8j2 said:

Why do you find optimism ridiculous? Adams made fools of you all last season, it's perfectly logical to expect him to do the same this. I know it is knee jerk time for some but I had no doubts we would comfortably survive relegation last season, so we will again this. It's a challenge but Adams and the team are more than capable,as they proved last year.

Optimism or complacency?

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
esmer":3oq2zo73 said:
Mark Pedlar":3oq2zo73 said:
Biggs":3oq2zo73 said:

Some is knee jerk but some is blind faith. It’s pretty much extremes right now.

What he did last season wasn’t necessarily all his work. We stumbled into a winning formula and the players clicked.

That was then and we’ve seen another poor start following on from a poor end of last season. That fuelled together with pretty alarming defensive frailties that don’t seem to be getting worked on with our last seasons decent performers having absolutely no impact this time round is well warranting of difficult questions on the managers ability.

I’m not after a 4-0 rout for our next victory. What I am after is steady visual improvements within the team and a belief that we are capable of remaining in this league this season.

You can’t say everything is fine because we did ok last season. That ridiculous.

Oct 24, 2010
Tugboat":1pb1pt3z said:
esmer":1pb1pt3z said:
Mark Pedlar":1pb1pt3z said:
Biggs":1pb1pt3z said:

What he did last season wasn’t necessarily all his work. We stumbled into a winning formula and the players clicked.

That was then and we’ve seen another poor start following on from a poor end of last season. That fuelled together with pretty alarming defensive frailties that don’t seem to be getting worked on with our last seasons decent performers having absolutely no impact this time round is well warranting of difficult questions on the managers ability.

I’m not after a 4-0 rout for our next victory. What I am after is steady visual improvements within the team and a belief that we are capable of remaining in this league this season.

You can’t say everything is fine because we did ok last season. That ridiculous.
Where did I say everything is fine, we are bottom of the league ffs, but can't you remember you were saying the exact same things this time last season as you are now.Surely you can't have forgotten.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
esmer":1ax3mfj9 said:
Tugboat":1ax3mfj9 said:
esmer":1ax3mfj9 said:
Mark Pedlar":1ax3mfj9 said:
Biggs":1ax3mfj9 said:

Where did I say everything is fine, we are bottom of the league ffs, but can't you remember you were saying the exact same things this time last season as you are now.Surely you can't have forgotten.

I’m not saying I didn’t. I’m reactive to the current situation.

But you can’t just say nothing to worry about because we did X Y Z last season. That run was unprecedented and extremely unlikely to be replicated again in such a manner.

Leicester winning the premier league was equally unprecedented in comparison. Are they going to win it again this year?

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Tugs, I had a go at you last weekend. Sorry about that, your posts are relatively pretty reasonable.

Asking serious questions and being disillusioned and peed off at the manager is perfectly understandable, as you say. I’m worried, and I can’t wait for my weekends to stop being ruined.

What really annoys me is the deriding of anyone who thinks things will change (the short memories there baffle me), absolute contention that Derek Adams is clueless, and general complete lack of perspective. And even worse, the revisionism that three top 7 finishes in a row, promotion and the run last season were actually ‘despite’ this donkey we have in charge.

We’re not going to finish 7th again, and we’ve had a horror start that the manager has to take responsibility for. BUT we have players and a manager who will get better and are capable of winning games, and we’re only four points adrift of safety with 38 games to play.

I just don’t get how that’s endlessly positive or ridiculously optimistic.

Oct 16, 2016
This is a valid point, who wouldn’t be respectful and remain dignified when asking questions of the manager, any manager

BUT this rhetoric about this team having the ability and showing signs of quality and ability is utter tripe. They’ve shown nothing of the sort this season. Comparisons. To last season are laughable, it’s a very different team in many positions and these replacements are shocking

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
I don’t think it is, though. We can field the same front 6 that we did last season.

We’re as bad as we can possibly be right now, with all our key attackers out of form and a new defence not yet gelled. In that sense I’d almost be more worried if we were playing well and still bottom, because that would be a true reflection of our abilities.

But when one or both of those things start improving, the team and our league position will almost certainly improve.

Again, surely that is a reasonable view.

Oct 24, 2010
Shankster":3flv0nop said:
This is a valid point, who wouldn’t be respectful and remain dignified when asking questions of the manager, any manager

BUT this rhetoric about this team having the ability and showing signs of quality and ability is utter tripe. They’ve shown nothing of the sort this season. Comparisons. To last season are laughable, it’s a very different team in many positions and these replacements are shocking
Can't you see it is only laughable to you and some others. There are definite signs of improvement in the Bristol and Blackpool games and Adams track record over a number of years suggests we will pull out of trouble. That's not blind optimism, it's logic.

As an aside weren't you the one continually slagging off Sonny Bradley last season? Maybe you are wrong about the new defenders as well.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
esmer":2qvk3lex said:
Shankster":2qvk3lex said:

Can't you see it is only laughable to you and some others. There are definite signs of improvement in the Bristol and Blackpool games and Adams track record over a number of years suggests we will pull out of trouble. That's not blind optimism, it's logic.

As an aside weren't you the one continually slagging off Sonny Bradley last season? Maybe you are wrong about the new defenders as well.

Esmer: When Blackpool scored did you think that we would (or even could) go on from that point and win that game? :think: