Paying off his contract | Page 6 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Paying off his contract

Jul 12, 2016
When are you going to realise that DA isn't as good as he thinks he is?Distasteful is the type of football he imposes on the fans. Weird are the tactics he employs .

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
Who started this thread?

Of course, the same guy who wanted DA out 5 minutes after we lost the playoff final at Wembley and only ever comments when there is a ā€˜blipā€™ in form.

Dec 22, 2010
north devon
ARGYLE could put Dereck on" gardening " leave to avoid paying off his contract, Im sure another team would eventually take him on because of his record, but like all managers there is always a time to leave and I think Derecks time is now as it was at Ross County. Very few managers would survive after his recent record. Goodby with thanks ,time to move on. Who would replace him ? . I whould try and get the Accrington manager , its always a lottery signing managers but there would be no shortage of applicants thats for sure .

Apr 5, 2008
If we get no points from the next two games,then I think Adams should offer his resignation to the board,they donā€™t have to accept it of course,but he should have the decency to offer it.

I mean it will be getting beyond a joke by then and I donā€™t think any other manager would be still expected to be in a job after 10 games of this season with the same record.

Oct 31, 2015
arrythewurzel":b3l43nxx said:
When you've bought rotten ingredients it doesn't matter much who's the chef.

But the current Chef brought them all in and was chasing a few of the new signings for a while

Oct 5, 2003
Devon
rsp4":28oy2hgc said:
arrythewurzel":28oy2hgc said:

But the current Chef brought them all in and was chasing a few of the new signings for a while
I don't believe that the chef or the ingredients are as bad as the table suggests but their job is to prove it. Football is about teams not individuals and it all needs to work or none of it will.

Aug 5, 2016
arrythewurzel":3a3yzy46 said:

This current Argyle side are more than capable of staying up. Most of them finished top half last season. What an classless way to talk about our players. Who needs 'supporters' when they describe you as rotten?

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
Agreed, Knibs.

Those who were eating humble pie in February are back again on this thread. They have short memories. I am sure I could find some screenshots but, apparently, they donā€™t like being reminded.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
āœ… Evergreen
šŸŽ« S.T. Donor šŸŽ«
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Yep, it's parasitical. And along with the firm contention that the manager is a hopeless clown, we're now getting quite farcical revisionism that actually he had little to do with the last three league table finishes and promotion, or that those achievements weren't much good anyway and would have been much better without his input.

This really is such a toxic place to be during a bad run. It really is a terrible run, but we're in a trough and there WILL be peaks to come.

But then I'm just deluded and naive :thumbup:

Sep 6, 2006
Biggs":x9sr9tbq said:
Yep, it's parasitical. And along with the firm contention that the manager is a hopeless clown, we're now getting quite farcical revisionism that actually he had little to do with the last three league table finishes and promotion, or that those achievements weren't much good anyway and would have been much better without his input.

This really is such a toxic place to be during a bad run. It really is a terrible run, but we're in a trough and there WILL be peaks to come.

But then I'm just deluded and naive :thumbup:

Last sentence most sensible thing you have said for a long time. Can't you see this team is worse than 2 years ago? We have gone backwards.

And do you know what parasitical means ? Doesn't make sense

May 1, 2011
It's still too soon to be having this debate, serious questions need to be asked but sacking Adams is not the answer.

However it's depressing that the best we can say is that this squad should stay up.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Oct 31, 2010
Since Adams signed his five year contract he's had a new CEO, a new owner and a new chairman. In effect, three new bosses.

When he signed his contract Adams knew Martyn Starnes was leaving but he didn't know who would replace him.

Felwick and Dunford would have obviously not been part of the decision to award a five year contract but as a board member Hallett would have been involved in the decision process.

Whether all this means anything I don't know but worth pointing out that by October 31 Adams will have three new bosses in place. Adams has gone on record regarding his excellent working relationship with James Brent and Starnes.

I don't think Adams will be sacked before January because I reckon the board will assess our league position at that point and decide whether Adams can have some funds to bring in new players in January or if we are still in the relegation zone sack him and give the funds to a new manager.

It all depends on our league position just before January - I expect us to be lower midtable.

Balham will be along shortly to call me deluded and talking nonsense, just as he does with everyone else.Ā 

Sep 6, 2006
PL2 3DQ":hp9mg34a said:
Since Adams signed his five year contract he's had a new CEO, a new owner and a new chairman. In effect, three new bosses.

When he signed his contract Adams knew Martyn Starnes was leaving but he didn't know who would replace him.

Felwick and Dunford would have obviously not been part of the decision to award a five year contract but as a board member Hallett would have been involved in the decision process.

Whether all this means anything I don't know but worth pointing out that by October 31 Adams will have three new bosses in place. Adams has gone on record regarding his excellent working relationship with James Brent and Starnes.

I don't think Adams will be sacked before January because I reckon the board will assess our league position at that point and decide whether Adams can have some funds to bring in new players in January or if we are still in the relegation zone sack him and give the funds to a new manager.

It all depends on our league position just before January - I expect us to be lower midtable.

Balham will be along shortly to call me deluded and talking nonsense, just as he does with everyone else.Ā 

ONLY when the likes of Biggs don't talk sense. My concern with the above would be how would a new manager coming in in z January know where to strengthen.