Paying off his contract | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Paying off his contract

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
davie nine":2ttp4pah said:
Keepitgreen":2ttp4pah said:
Daz":2ttp4pah said:
Keepitgreen":2ttp4pah said:
HC Green":2ttp4pah said:
Shankster":2ttp4pah said:
The club’s player policy enables them to get rid of managers with little or no risk.

The incumbent has commited players to short term contracts with no outlay in transfer fees, that allows the incoming manager to start fairly fresh and not be too concerned

Degsy May have a long contract but he won’t be entitled to, nor will he receive, the full amount

Yes he will as will Wotton and Nancekivell on their new 2 year contracts.
I was listening to Mick McCarthy not so long ago and, according to him, a long contract means nothing to the manager. There'll be a clause in there with a set amount as pay off depending on the length left. The long contract is to protect the club if the manager is ever poached away.

Why would a manager tie themselves to a long contract that doesn’t actually give them security then? It doesn’t make sense. DA would not sign a five year contract if it wasn’t to the benefit of him in doing so.
You'll have to ask Mick McCarthy that.
How would McCarthy know the details of our manager’s contract?

I am sure there are clauses that would enable both parties to terminate the contract but, based on what we know of James Brent and Derek Adams, the club and the manager will have both looked after their interests.

Another thread, like last season’s, that is unnecessary and unwanted at this early stage of the season.
He was obviously talking in general terms. I agree though, an unnecessary thread.

Jul 12, 2016
Why an unnecessary thread? How many more games have we go to lose before the reality sets in that we are looking like relegation fodder. One win in 14 is not just a blip and the manager must take responsibilty.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
I'm not Adams out yet, but with 1 in in 14 games, and with the way we're performing, the vast majority of professional league clubs would have dismissed Adams by now, so I'm not sure how it's an 'unnecessary thread'. Also, I say again, this is a continuation of our poor end to last season, this isn't something brand new, the problems have been going on longer than just this season alone, our summer recruitment has just served to worsen them,

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Is it really 1 win in 14? Could a mind soul please tell me How many draws and losses in that 14 games?

JannerinCardiff

♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
JannerinCardiff":26ljedxf said:
Is it really 1 win in 14? Could a kind soul please tell me How many draws and losses in that 14 games?

Jan 6, 2004
After last season, I cannot think there is any chance of Adams being sacked in the foreseeable future, even if that means relegation this season. However, if that happens this will be the first season he underperforms budget and if that continues he will be gone.

JannerinCardiff

♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Pogleswoody":1ahsbp9u said:
JannerinCardiff":1ahsbp9u said:
JannerinCardiff":1ahsbp9u said:
Is it really 1 win in 14? Could a kind soul please tell me How many draws and losses in that 14 games?

13 mate ;)

1 win in 13?

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
Speaking hypothetically of course, I cannot imagine for one moment than any chartered accountant giving advice to DA would recommend he takes any 'golden farewell' in one lump sum as there would be possible tax considerations in anything over £!50K in a tax year. This could be advantageous to the Club in spreading the liability over a number of years. The risk to any outgoing staff member would be the continuing solvency of the Club. In saying all this I am ignoring the earnings from a successive managerial position.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Cobi Budge":1kgm84br said:
I'm not Adams out yet, but with 1 in in 14 games, and with the way we're performing, the vast majority of professional league clubs would have dismissed Adams by now, so I'm not sure how it's an 'unnecessary thread'. Also, I say again, this is a continuation of our poor end to last season, this isn't something brand new, the problems have been going on longer than just this season alone, our summer recruitment has just served to worsen them,

You can discuss the manager’s performance and perceived mistakes, but to have a thread specifically discussing HOW a man is to be fired and paid off when we’re 8 games into the season after three years of top 7 finishes... that’s weird at best, and distasteful at worst.

Oct 16, 2016
Biggs":2i3etpjg said:
Cobi Budge":2i3etpjg said:

You can discuss the manager’s performance and perceived mistakes, but to have a thread specifically discussing HOW a man is to be fired and paid off when we’re 8 games into the season after three years of top 7 finishes... that’s weird at best, and distasteful at worst.

Football and business

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
Biggs":17kag99p said:
Cobi Budge":17kag99p said:

Three years of top 7 finishes all of which have ended not quite as well as they could have done - and all down to poor management IMHO.

Sep 6, 2006
Mark Pedlar":32n6jq1s said:
Biggs":32n6jq1s said:
Cobi Budge":32n6jq1s said:

Three years of top 7 finishes all of which have ended not quite as well as they could have done - and all down to poor management IMHO.

After inheriting a top 7 team. And I would suggest the team is now no better. Distasteful I agree. Let's just get rid.

Mar 8, 2016
Biggs":3rmphb7d said:
Cobi Budge":3rmphb7d said:

It’s a valid point biggs. it is a tad distasteful, but after how many more matches of losing does it not become distasteful? Give it a few more weeks of the poo that is currently on offer then the discussion will escalate into a crowd fund to pay up the contract.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Mark Pedlar":2kzkp9bf said:
Biggs":2kzkp9bf said:
You can discuss the manager’s performance and perceived mistake
s, but to have a thread specifically discussing HOW a man is to be fired and paid off when we’re 8 games into the season after three years of top 7 finishes... that’s weird at best, and distasteful at worst.

When did you become so unreasonable?

The logic there is completely flawed. We wouldn’t have GOT into those end of season positions in the first place if it wasn’t for good management.

To finish ‘not quite as well as they could have done’ equals a manager who doesn’t know what he’s doing?

Just seems an extraordinary failure to recognise the progress made over the last three years, and the challenges in doing so.