Morecambe v Argyle Match Thread | Page 12 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Morecambe v Argyle Match Thread

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
Jeffers' finishing has now become not good enough in my view, I'm a big fan of his and think that his build-up play has been great this season, but that's several times in the last few games he has failed to score when he should do, he needs to bang it in first time like he was last season. He missed one again today that would have put us 2-1 up and for me he needs to get hold of this and start scoring. Management need to get him to change it round. Come on Luke!
I think that is a fair comment, Phil. I know how supportive of Jephcott you were last season and for you to see that this season does indicate that he, currently, has a problem with confidence in his finishing.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
I don’t think Lowe trusts Randell at Dm to replace Houghton. The only natural alternative would be Edwards at the moment. I wouldn’t be surprised to see Lowe looking for more cover in that position in the Window. Ideally someone very combative who can also cover Pan and Broom.

I thought the same. Lowe was scathing of some youngsters not taking their chance against Swindon in the Joke Cup and for the next game against Oxford Randell was missing from the squad.

A few weeks ago Grant went off injured and the natural replacement was Law except Garrick came on to play in an unfamiliar position of LWB so Lowe is not afraid to shake things up.

Randell, Grant or Edwards could all play in Houghton's role.

Reactions: Totnes Green
Just back in the car. Huge crowd of local kids surrounding a man in green and taking pictures, it was pie face.

Some really sloppy passing today and poor performances from Pan , Grant, Jephcott and Galloway. Danny was sublime to awful.

However good spirit and if you can’t win don’t lose, unbeaten in 14.
Ah, I wondered what that mobbing was all about.

Feb 13, 2021
There was a conversation about Mayor and the balance of the team some weeks back. Many, including me agreed with your observations. Today has proved the point in some ways. I really don’t see the same level of aggression and energy in Mayor’s game.
When he came on Tuesday he was running like his life depended on it, but even then it didn’t work for me.
Jeez Mayor should have had 3 assists in the first half! But for the poor finishing of Jepchott and Hardie! In the end he had to finish it himself! How can you say Grants poor game was because of Mayor! I think second half Mayor was quiet because Grant couldn’t hit a barn door with a pass or a shot!

Jun 28, 2006
Plymouth
Jeez Mayor should have had 3 assists in the first half! But for the poor finishing of Jepchott and Hardie! In the end he had to finish it himself! How can you say Grants poor game was because of Mayor! I think second half Mayor was quiet because Grant couldn’t hit a barn door with a pass or a shot!
Where did I say “Grants poor game was because of Mayor”?

I was saying that Camara and Broom’s energy and aggression open doors for others. Does it not seem odd that many had off days when Broom didnt start?🤔

Reactions: rsp4 and Shoenice

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
Just back in the car. Huge crowd of local kids surrounding a man in green and taking pictures, it was pie face.

Some really sloppy passing today and poor performances from Pan , Grant, Jephcott and Galloway. Danny was sublime to awful.

However good spirit and if you can’t win don’t lose, unbeaten in 14.

Morecambe pressed us constantly. Really high work rate.

1st half Galloway was targeted as Grant was playing in advanced position. Their goal came after loose passing in midfield left us exposed, ball driven across Cooper into corner of net from about 12 yards

We stormed back, looked like another composed finish from Hardie was on cards, but, it was blocked on line but Mayor followed up to level score. Felt we were better team for rest of half, Jephcott also having goal bound effort blocked on line. Mayor quite direct in his play going forward running at defenders.

Second half again Morecambe pressed and our passing was becoming erratic. We couldn't keep the ball. Cooper not hugely busy, but, we didn’t look comfortable. Hardie and Jephcott were getting no service. Mayor was clearly tiring but Camara was replaced by Broom Pan's distribution had been poor all game in fairness.

Broom could not wrestle any control back in middle of park and we remained busy defensively especially down our left side where Grant also lost his touch when in possession leaving Galloway exposed especially as DM was running on fumes. All the centre backs made errors in possession as Morecambe pressed with energy throughout the second half.

The double switch up front with 20 to play did little to improve things we couldn't keep the ball for very long and we resorted to longer passing attempts to get at the home defence but this was unsuccessful too. In the last few minutes we got into their box a couple of times, but in truth a point was about what we deserved. Home fans probably thought they were worthy of a win.

Houghton suspended will leave us with a problem to solve next weekend.

Reactions: Greencat26

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Reactions: Guiri Green

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
The commentators for Morecambe today said we were the best team they had played this season. ‘Very classy’ was used several times.

Daz

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 30, 2003
The commentators for Morecambe today said we were the best team they had played this season. ‘Very classy’ was used several times.
They didn’t have whinge though didn’t they?

Reactions: davie nine
Jan 27, 2012
It was a good point for Argyle- they would have probably lost this game last season. Morecombe are capable of beating any team in this league and I think they will stay up comfortably if they keep their best players.

I still think the best strike combination is Jephcott and Hardie- it just seems to work.
Garrick is quick but doesn't have the football brain of Jephcott, while Agard seems past his peak and may be better off in League Two. Once Ennis is back, these players may struggle to get games.

Adam

Pasoti Designer
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 5, 2010
It was a good point for Argyle- they would have probably lost this game last season. Morecombe are capable of beating any team in this league and I think they will stay up comfortably if they keep their best players.

I still think the best strike combination is Jephcott and Hardie- it just seems to work.
Garrick is quick but doesn't have the football brain of Jephcott, while Agard seems past his peak and may be better off in League Two. Once Ennis is back, these players may struggle to get games.
I’d completely forgotten about Ennis!

When is he due back? Does anyone know?