Morecambe v Argyle Match Thread | Page 13 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Morecambe v Argyle Match Thread

Jan 27, 2012
I’d completely forgotten about Ennis!

When is he due back? Does anyone know?
I think Lowe was quoted in the Herald as saying that Ennis was going to be running on grass this week (ie the week just gone). I don't think an estimate was given. I'd assume after Christmas- once he is over his injury he will need to a) get fit, and b) get some practice matches in (difficult without reserve team fixtures). It will be hard for him to suddenly jump from the training ground into League One action and pick up the pace of mid-season football.

Reactions: Adam
May 8, 2011
There were approximately 3,600 home fans at Morecambe, so that is 1 in 10 of the town’s population. If Argyle had that level of support we would be getting crowds of 25,000 just from Plymouth residents.

Apr 1, 2009
Just read this thread through. Going back to the beginning, several people insisting that Broom was dropped and expressing surprise. Some still haven't grasped the concept of a squad game, and the benefits of resting (not dropping) key players occasionally, particularly those who cover the greatest distance game after game.

Last season one of the main reasons for our appalling run in, along with the inexperienced loanees, was that a number of players who had featured in virtually every game were quite simply knackered. Whether you like him or not, the availability of Mayor has given Lowe the opportunity to reduce the workload of Broom and Camara - essential in terms of managing them over the full season.

If and when Ennis is fit, I'm sure there will be rests occasionally for Hardie and Jephcott. Again this may not be popular with those who prefer our current front 2 together, but is necessary. Jephcott looked like he was running in treacle on occasions towards the end of last season.

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
There were approximately 3,600 home fans at Morecambe, so that is 1 in 10 of the town’s population. If Argyle had that level of support we would be getting crowds of 25,000 just from Plymouth residents.

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
Morecambe, Heysham and Lancaster are virtually joined together making up a total of almost 100,000 but it is still quite impressive.

Sep 6, 2006
how many people that have posted on this thread are actually Argyle fans? FFS just be positive and enjoy the ride
Such a ridiculous post. Unless you are 100% positive about Argyle you can't be an Argyle fan. You do realise this is a discussion forum? Or do you?

Reactions: finegreen
Apr 3, 2010
Very good but they’re charging only £150 for adult season tickets and £20 for kids less than half what argyle are charging.

Apr 3, 2010
As for today’s game we were far from our best you could tell Morecambe were fired up to play us we will get this a lot if we stay where we are, generally I thought we weathered the storms pretty well Wilson was my man of the match stood firm all game and the amount of interceptions he made all afternoon it seemed was absolutely crucial.

as for Argyle when you look back we were actually very wasteful we carved out enough chances to win the game although I thought we were too eager and direct especially in the 2nd half trying to play the cut throat ball all too often which led to us losing the ball and us having to deal with yet more morecambe pressure. There was a period in the 2nd half where I thought we ought to just slow it down a bit have bit of possession and take the sting out of the home teams belief we carried on doing what we were doing though and could of cost us as it is I’d mark it down as an off day and we’ll take the point carry on the run, we must improve next week though for sure if we are to get anything.

Sep 6, 2006
Signs of a b*****y good team - we were well & truly suffocated by a stubborn, extremely well drilled Morecambe side
Maybe a few players had an off day but we well & truly grinded out the result
The unbeaten run continues & the mentality of never being beaten is well & truly alive
I'm not convinced a b*****Y good team draws v a relegation candidate and apparently deserved little more. But I know you like to put a positive spin on everything.

Apr 3, 2010
I'm not convinced a b*****Y good team draws v a relegation candidate and apparently deserved little more. But I know you like to put a positive spin on everything
To be honest whilst it wasn’t the prettiest performance I can go with what he’s saying, it was evident that they’d raised their game they chased and harried everything until probably the last 5–10 mins where you could tell they were off their feet from the effort they’d put in.

Last seasons team would of folded under that pressure I’m sure of it especially in that 2nd half

Reactions: David Doidge
Sep 6, 2006
To be honest whilst it wasn’t the prettiest performance I can go with what he’s saying, it was evident that they’d raised their game they chased and harried everything until probably the last 5–10 mins where you could tell they were off their feet from the effort they’d put in.

Last seasons team would of folded under that pressure I’m sure of it especially in that 2nd half
Teams will always raise their game against top of the table. Seems like we would have lost every game last season according to some.

Last edited:
Sep 6, 2006
Just read this thread through. Going back to the beginning, several people insisting that Broom was dropped and expressing surprise. Some still haven't grasped the concept of a squad game, and the benefits of resting (not dropping) key players occasionally, particularly those who cover the greatest distance game after game.

Last season one of the main reasons for our appalling run in, along with the inexperienced loanees, was that a number of players who had featured in virtually every game were quite simply knackered. Whether you like him or not, the availability of Mayor has given Lowe the opportunity to reduce the workload of Broom and Camara - essential in terms of managing them over the full season.

If and when Ennis is fit, I'm sure there will be rests occasionally for Hardie and Jephcott. Again this may not be popular with those who prefer our current front 2 together, but is necessary. Jephcott looked like he was running in treacle on occasions towards the end of last season.
Difficult one. Don't forget last season was very condensed. Do you change a winning side to freshen up? Broom didn't look tired to me when scoring in 95th min on Tuesday.

Reactions: Tonka
Feb 8, 2005
Difficult one. Don't forget last season was very condensed. Do you change a winning side to freshen up? Broom didn't look tired to me when scoring in 95th min on Tuesday.
Maybe that was why he needed a rest, Balham, don't you think?