Morecambe v Argyle Match Thread | Page 11 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Morecambe v Argyle Match Thread

Adam

Pasoti Designer
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 5, 2010
With Houghton now out, can Pan play in that DM position?
Then have Mayor is Pans position and Broom out wide?

up the line

🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
Tricky place to go. Had a feeling we might slip up and get turned over today for some reason so pretty pleased with the point. Not overly concerned about the table at all at the moment, just see every point or 3 gained as another step towards as high a finish as possible. Glad Mayor got his goal after Tuesday.

Emu

Oct 3, 2003
Sarf London
I would not upset the balance of the team by moving too many other players to replace Houghton.

Randell has long been talked about for this position so here's his chance to show what he is made of.

I don’t think Lowe trusts Randell at Dm to replace Houghton. The only natural alternative would be Edwards at the moment. I wouldn’t be surprised to see Lowe looking for more cover in that position in the Window. Ideally someone very combative who can also cover Pan and Broom.

Sep 12, 2015
I think taking Broom out of the centre hasn’t helped today. Garrick isn’t a defender as demonstrated last time he played RWB. Personally I would prefer Edwards to stay were he is.
I agree , thought Galloway and Grant had off games , is it because we keep looking for Mayor all the time on that side ,where as Broom drives forward both down wing and inside bringing us forward all over the pitch rather than one sided.

Reactions: KeithB and Tonka
Oct 5, 2013
Jeffers' finishing has now become not good enough in my view, I'm a big fan of his and think that his build-up play has been great this season, but that's several times in the last few games he has failed to score when he should do, he needs to bang it in first time like he was last season. He missed one again today that would have put us 2-1 up and for me he needs to get hold of this and start scoring. Management need to get him to change it round. Come on Luke!

Jun 28, 2006
Plymouth
I agree , thought Galloway and Grant had off games , is it because we keep looking for Mayor all the time on that side ,where as Broom drives forward both down wing and inside bringing us forward all over the pitch rather than one sided.
There was a conversation about Mayor and the balance of the team some weeks back. Many, including me agreed with your observations. Today has proved the point in some ways. I really don’t see the same level of aggression and energy in Mayor’s game.
When he came on Tuesday he was running like his life depended on it, but even then it didn’t work for me.

Reactions: max and philevs
Aug 5, 2016
Tricky place to go. Had a feeling we might slip up and get turned over today for some reason so pretty pleased with the point. Not overly concerned about the table at all at the moment, just see every point or 3 gained as another step towards as high a finish as possible. Glad Mayor got his goal after Tuesday.
I was pleased with a point.
Morecambe were organised and made it hard for us.
For us it was a hard earned point away.

D

Deleted member 9145

Just back in the car. Huge crowd of local kids surrounding a man in green and taking pictures, it was pie face.

Some really sloppy passing today and poor performances from Pan , Grant, Jephcott and Galloway. Danny was sublime to awful.

However good spirit and if you can’t win don’t lose, unbeaten in 14.