Michael Mincberg Joins Argyle Board (head of US group investing £4m) | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Michael Mincberg Joins Argyle Board (head of US group investing £4m)

Argyleloyal

Pasoti Announcer.
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 25, 2016
Seeing there is a fans forum with Simon, Andrew and head of finance David before the Peterborough game on Saturday 13th August I suspect some hints to what the money will be used for will be said then.

Reactions: 999mattyg

ChepstowGreen

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
♣️ SWAG Member
Jade Berrow 23/24
May 1, 2006
If the club has genuine ambition to reach the Championship I believe the investment priority should be increasing capacity. We got 14500 on opening day of season, if we do well this season there will be many sell outs and once we are in the championship I would expect almost every game to sell out with a realistic capacity of around 17,500. The corners should be filled in sooner rather than later. It is an investment that will increase revenue and increase the potential fan base.
I agree. Let's get it done. Interesting times!! Welcome to all our new American friends. Please be good for us.. you'll be rewarded handsomely if so.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
This is really quite surreal, still going through all the names on the list. A lot of founders of serious looking companies, all very progressive looking.

Jon Horst a name of interest too, general manager of the Milwaukee Bucks in the NBA and former NBA executive of the year.

Then you have the multiple ridiculously big investment firms…

A LOT to take in!

Reactions: SMG

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Just want to say Argyle are now massive!! 😂

• Haha
Reactions: Lancastergreen

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
Wow!

More news that has been kept under the radar. This from the club article re the projects.

"This investment comes at an opportune moment for the club, with Argyle seeking further to improve its facilities, and with investment required to fund those aims. More information will be shared on these projects in due course:

Sep 20, 2005
Stockholm
There is natural caution after what we have been through before, but this does appear to be very promising. If the money is to be spent immediately, a training complex would appear to be the most sensible investment as others have already said. Let's not ask for the moon on a stick just yet though.

And if Mr Hedman is back in Sweden at any time and would like to wine and dine someone in exchange for a run down of Argyle's history etc., I'd be happy to oblige.

Sep 22, 2020
so a £4m price tag to buy 20 per cent.

does that value argyle at £20m? or is that just what sm has put in ?

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
In the Simon Hallett interview he makes it clear this is long term investment and not immediate spend.

The money will bolster cash reserves and be used for future infrastructure projects.
Interview on Argyle TV.

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
Someone mentioned Argyle to tour the US, these guys are from the Tampa area, and just south of Tampa in Bradenton is IMG Academy a world class facility for practically any sport you can think of. I have been there a few times while vacationing in the Tampa area and the Ottawa Fury were training down there and playing a few exhibition games with other teams that were there training. Many pro teams go there for pre-season training.
They have 20 soccer (Football pitches) and a stadium that can hold about 5000 i think. There are a number of pro teams in the area that play in MSL or USL and other leagues. Only problem is that when Argyle would be in pre-season training the US leagues are in full swing.