Michael Mincberg Joins Argyle Board (head of US group investing £4m) | Page 6 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Michael Mincberg Joins Argyle Board (head of US group investing £4m)

Keepitgreen

🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Someone mentioned Argyle to tour the US, these guys are from the Tampa area, and just south of Tampa in Bradenton is IMG Academy a world class facility for practically any sport you can think of. I have been there a few times while vacationing in the Tampa area and the Ottawa Fury were training down there and playing a few exhibition games with other teams that were there training. Many pro teams go there for pre-season training.
They have 20 soccer (Football pitches) and a stadium that can hold about 5000 i think. There are a number of pro teams in the area that play in MSL or USL and other leagues. Only problem is that when Argyle would be in pre-season training the US leagues are in full swing.
When it happens, you can be our Fans' Liaison Officer. :)

Reactions: Ottawa Green

Rowlypilgrim

Jam First
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 13, 2021
Certainly am impressed at the way in which the club is being run these days.

we still have James Brent to thank for saving us from oblivion, he steadied the ship and provided a platform, but Simon and Jane Hallett coming in when they did, with their vision, investment, credibility, integrity and contacts are building an extremely strong looking club for the future.

Even down to the proper way these discussions have been held over a year out of the public eye, through to the due diligence process on both sides, and the open and honest comms announcement and interview with SH, I do feel we are in safe hands and going places.

Well done and let’s enjoy the next stage of the journey.

Argyleloyal

Pasoti Announcer.
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 25, 2016
The airport?

That would probably be a ideal site but obviously Sutton Harbour group has got plans for it plus Council leader wants to go back to a airport

Tony Pastyman

♣️ Senior Greens
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 1, 2008
This is really good news. I’ve always assumed that Simon Hallett would find some suitable American investors given that he must have some pretty extensive contacts over there. £4m isn’t a huge amount these days (in the context of the grandstand work costing double that), but I’m sure it will make a big difference. I’m excited to see what off field plans Argyle have for the money.
Agreed, I always felt that Hallett's business success across the pond and his guidance of Argyle in recent times would produce something like what has been announced today.
We really are living in a special period in Argyle's long history.

greenpizzapie

✅ Evergreen
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jul 30, 2021
Some really interesting points from Simon in his interview as well, although the £4m is to boost reserves in the short term, is to be used for projects over the next year or two, and mentions that they will help with financing other projects for the long term vision.

May 8, 2011
That would probably be a ideal site but obviously Sutton Harbour group has got plans for it plus Council leader wants to go back to a airport
The other area of undeveloped land within the city that is relatively level is off Haye Road and adjacent to the A38.
There must be a reason why it hasn’t been developed yet, perhaps as there are quarries near by maybe it is earmarked for future mineral extraction.

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Someone mentioned Argyle to tour the US, these guys are from the Tampa area, and just south of Tampa in Bradenton is IMG Academy a world class facility for practically any sport you can think of. I have been there a few times while vacationing in the Tampa area and the Ottawa Fury were training down there and playing a few exhibition games with other teams that were there training. Many pro teams go there for pre-season training.
They have 20 soccer (Football pitches) and a stadium that can hold about 5000 i think. There are a number of pro teams in the area that play in MSL or USL and other leagues. Only problem is that when Argyle would be in pre-season training the US leagues are in full swing.

But other European clubs tour the US, maybe we could arrange fixtures with them..

JannerinCardiff

♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Plymouth needs an airport.

Mark Smith

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
Luxembourg and Horsham
I agree with the other views expressed here re facilities investment and the way in which this has been done.

One additional thing that jumps out at me is that some of these backers have seriously big bucks, meaning that (without wishing to sound ungrateful) £4m is actually peanuts for them.

Maybe this is a first punt, perhaps just testing the water, but to my mind it suggests they won’t be piling in trying to call some of the shots in the same way that, say, a local businessman pumping in £4m of their own money might want to do.

So yeah, nicely done.

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
The new Company information

Plymouth Argyle Football Club Ltd is 78.81% owned by Mr Simon Hallett and 20% owned by Argyle Green, LLC. The remaining 1.19% is owned by third party owners.

JannerinCardiff

♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
This consortium are worth billions from what I can see.

MGM

✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 7, 2021
Just watched the Simon Hallett interview. Two things that stood out that he said. He referred to these investors as enthusiastic. I think it’s positive to have that driving the club forward. The second thing was how he said he is excited by the possibility of projects in the next two years.

You have to be cautious about any new investment and the investors that come with it. People with money have mindsets that can especially in football harm a football club if their actions aren’t financially rational. Yet this isn’t an overnight decision. Simon Hallett has obviously been in discussions with these people for some time. The fact they were here in March shows us that many things have been going on behind the scenes.

So this is where trust comes into place. I’m afraid you sometimes have to have faith that those in charge are doing everything for the best of this football club. What’s Simon Hallett really done wrong since he been here? And the fact is he put his own money in to start this whole process and get the ball moving. So if he feels this is the best way to move the club forward then we just need to back him as fans because he deserves our support given his financial backing.

At the end of the interview Simon Hallett said how much he was enjoying being part of Argyle. I’m sure he said something along the lines of one of the best things he has been involved in over last decade. He looked very happy. lm pleased for him that it’s bringing that level of happiness.

For me, l can’t be more excited. I am excited about on the pitch activities but now it feels like our club has some serious plans ahead. I can’t honestly think of an Argyle fan not enjoying being a fan of this great club at the moment.