Michael Mincberg Joins Argyle Board (head of US group investing £4m) | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Michael Mincberg Joins Argyle Board (head of US group investing £4m)

Jan 6, 2004
If the club has genuine ambition to reach the Championship I believe the investment priority should be increasing capacity. We got 14500 on opening day of season, if we do well this season there will be many sell outs and once we are in the championship I would expect almost every game to sell out with a realistic capacity of around 17,500. The corners should be filled in sooner rather than later. It is an investment that will increase revenue and increase the potential fan base.

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
I think the players might be able to look forward to a Florida trip next summer!

Hope so - would make sense for Argyle to promote the club y going on a tour to the US.

Reactions: Keith Whitfield

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
If the club has genuine ambition to reach the Championship I believe the investment priority should be increasing capacity. We got 14500 on opening day of season, if we do well this season there will be many sell outs and once we are in the championship I would expect almost every game to sell out with a realistic capacity of around 17,500. The corners should be filled in sooner rather than later. It is an investment that will increase revenue and increase the potential fan base.
I’d argue the immediate aim is to better the facilities and give our academy a real foothold in the region.

A Randell or a Cooper type will prove more rewarding than a 2000k extra seats that may only be used half a dozen times a season

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
It looks to be Shepard Capital Partners first venture outside of the USA and the first time investing in sport/'soccer'.

HaroldPWH

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
🚑 Steve Hooper
Apr 9, 2006
Burbage, Leics
I trust Simon Hallett - so very excited by this news.
Immediate thoughts - new Training ground, with multi sports based there, community Hub, corners of the ground developed.

Has the land for this already been identified? Can't imagine £4m would go in without the infrastructure projects Simon Hallett talks about being further down the road than just a desire / wish.....

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
Intriguing how Michael Mincberg got entertained in the boardroom at the Portsmouth match, doubtless speaking in a US accent, and not a whisper got out of his presence. A big contrast to the recent entertainment of PS and that swift disclosure. Anyhow, I am very pleased to learn of this investment and sincerely hope that it is spent on infrastructure, rather than supplementing unsustainable players' wages

Aug 17, 2005
I'm very intrigued by RedBall Ventures being on that list... the same RedBall Ventures fronted by Billy Beane who were in talks with acquiring some of FSG (Liverpool's owners) this year?

This is a lot to take in 😂o_O
A quick Google shows they have 5 billion of assets so serious money within the group of investors

• Wow
Reactions: Penmaster

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Its got to be for training facilities! That's the only thing that isn't upto par with the rest of the setup. Its what a lot of player look for now as part of their deal to come to a club.

Also, the young players and players returning from injury need games and a league to play in, we really need to finance joining a national league or a south west league once again.

JannerinCardiff

♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
I trust Simon Hallett - so very excited by this news.
Immediate thoughts - new Training ground, with multi sports based there, community Hub, corners of the ground developed.

Has the land for this already been identified? Can't imagine £4m would go in without the infrastructure projects Simon Hallett talks about being further down the road than just a desire / wish.....

All guesswork but I’m convinced the £4m will predominantly towards infrastructure project(s) as that will bring a return on investment and can be redistributed longer term into the playing side. I would expect that a smaller amount perhaps around £1mill mark would be earmarked for playing budget for Shuey to use. £1 mill is very useful as it could effectively be be the a few very decent players and a bit of cash for transfers.

Great times to be an Argyle fan 👍👍

JannerinCardiff

♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Also, the young players and players returning from injury need games and a league to play in, we really need to finance joining a national league or a south west league once again.

That’s a must. Would be wonderful for Argyle to join one of the u23 leagues.

Aug 24, 2014
Plymouth
Everyone saying a training complex is correct, that is very important and will really help us take the next step. I'd also like to see a proper under 21 team financed. As the academy is getting better, help bridge that gap between the kids and the first team so we don't have to release the maybes so early.

jthep

✅ Evergreen
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Apr 28, 2011
Early days but what I like about this is that the share capital has been increased so the 4 million goes straight into the club bank account. And SH remains holding exactly the same amount of shares as he did yesterday.

He could easily have sold an amount of shares as all or a part of this deal - but didn't. Yet again he demonstrates that he is doing this for the club and its supporters - ie his legacy project

We are yet again very lucky - in my view - to have such a person of integrity at the wheel

JannerinCardiff

♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Just one note of caution - Mastpoint turned up with a similar long list of investors, although the difference this time is Simon Hallett.

Which is a big difference.

Reactions: Argyologist