Michael Mincberg Joins Argyle Board (head of US group investing £4m) | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Michael Mincberg Joins Argyle Board (head of US group investing £4m)

Jun 27, 2019
Really intriguing news. SH said in one of the lockdown virtual forums that he wasn't actively seeking outside investment, so I wonder what's changed since then.

The money involved is modest in football terms, but these guys wouldn't have invested if they didn't think there would be a return. Which makes me wonder what their thinking is here.

Twenty per cent of the club for £4m values us at £20m. What do they hope/plan will happen for that valuation to give them an ROI? They must know they haven't bought a stake in Liverpool.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
The membership of Argyle Green, LLC includes Victor Hedman, Ondrej Palat, Brian and Chris Kubasik, Rudy Cline-Thomas, Jon Horst, Gary Krauthamer, David and Michael Mincberg, Nick Giannotti, Dan Kollefrath, Bradley Parker, LBM Capital, Redball Ventures, and Shepard Capital Partners.

Victor Hedman, a four-time NHL All Star and two-time Stanley Cup Champion with the Tampa Bay Lightning,

I've quickly googled all the names on there (as I'm sure we all have), and there are some seriously big fish in the world of US sport and finance... o_O

I have to say, if I was an American looking to get involved in English football, Argyle ticks so many boxes and I'm surprised it's taken this long.

Argyleloyal

Pasoti Announcer.
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 25, 2016
C

Cult Of Personality

Just the same as any nation, there's good and bad American investors. The Fenway Sports Group have only been a good thing for Liverpool for example.

Being a terrible owner transcends nationality!
Oh yeah just for FSG. You got the Glazers. Stan Korenke . Even Liverpool before FSG has Gillet and Hicks. I am not going to be shouting off the rooftops screaming USA any time soon. We have been burnt by investors before . I rather we was cautious before we dreamed big

Sep 22, 2020
i think this sounds positive in that it reduces simon Hallett's total dominance of a 90 per cent plus share holding and it is new money rather than just him selling a few off.

never good to have the club under the behest of one individual, no matter how good that individual is, rather than a board of directors who consider issues and can vote on matters.

not there yet by a long way but a step in the right direction and more money to spend.

Reactions: 999mattyg

Argyleloyal

Pasoti Announcer.
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 25, 2016
Interesting that they was over for the Portsmouth game, at least the smoke bomb didn’t scare them away 🤣

Lancastergreen

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Jan 12, 2017
Plymouth
Maybe the future sale ive been talking about?

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
I'm very intrigued by RedBall Ventures being on that list... the same RedBall Ventures fronted by Billy Beane who were in talks with acquiring some of FSG (Liverpool's owners) this year?

This is a lot to take in 😂o_O