Makes me appreciate him even more... | Page 13 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Makes me appreciate him even more...

Sep 19, 2015
HC Green":28rrcbvm said:
Having spent the afternoon with Adams yesterday and with him paying for lunch, I certainly appreciate him even more.

Did you tickle his marbles under the table and tell him how much you miss him? :crazy:

Forest of Dean Green

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Mar 5, 2009
Gloucestershire
I literally cannot believe that this thread is now 14 pages long. My word. Can’t we move on? If I wasn’t already a member and I logged on to think ‘oooh, should I join Pasoti?’ I’d have run a mile by now. It’s the peculiarity of obsessives that we are even talking, still, about DA. Can we not close that door for now? We can all look back nostalgically in a few years time, but not over 14 pages comparing him to Lowe please.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
giphy.gif

Mar 16, 2006
Manchester
Forest of Dean Green":3ems39hw said:
I literally cannot believe that this thread is now 14 pages long. My word. Can’t we move on? If I wasn’t already a member and I logged on to think ‘oooh, should I join Pasoti?’ I’d have run a mile by now. It’s the peculiarity of obsessives that we are even talking, still, about DA. Can we not close that door for now? We can all look back nostalgically in a few years time, but not over 14 pages comparing him to Lowe please.

I came on to say exactly the same. Can the mods not lock it and/or bin it? Let's judge Lowe against Adams at the end of the season or even after two seasons if we're not out of this poo division by then. By then Lowe might even have paid for someone's tea (can't believe that was used as an argument for Adams!)

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
The thread that just keeps on going. All for two or three DA fanatics who just can’t get over him and move on. The fans gave their verdict at the end of last season and it was virtually unanimous - he had to go. I mentioned that there are still Owls fans on the Owlstalk forum who were rooting for him to come back when the traitor Bruce walked out. But when Megson was sacked in 2011 Wednesday were in the L1 play off zone, not just about to be relegated. There is a difference!

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
Devongreenowl":o1zhzkuq said:
The thread that just keeps on going. All for two or three DA fanatics who just can’t get over him and move on. The fans gave their verdict at the end of last season and it was virtually unanimous - he had to go. I mentioned that there are still Owls fans on the Owlstalk forum who were rooting for him to come back when the traitor Bruce walked out. But when Megson was sacked in 2011 Wednesday were in the L1 play off zone, not just about to be relegated. There is a difference!

And funnily enough, Ryan Lowe was playing up front for us then!

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Manchesterlalala":107c6180 said:
I came on to say exactly the same. Can the mods not lock it and/or bin it?

We tend not to do that these days (well for the last four years) as people accuse us of censorship.

Let's hope HC and Edmunds give up the ghost and others stop winding them up.

Derek has gone, Lowey is here. No more to add really.

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
There’s only two or three would moan, but even if you shut it down they could just start another. Hopefully, starting tonight the results will pick up and everybody will have better things to debate

May 1, 2011
edmonds200":alululz8 said:
I think a lot of you have very short memories - to say last seasons football was turgid is not true - look at all our home games in 2019.

Oxford Won 3-0 Played some great stuff
Coventry Won 2-1 Came from behind in an exciting game where Cov were excellent. Lameiras got 2 I remember HP Rocking
Walsall Won 2-1 Not such a good performance but a WIN
Pompey Draw 1-1 Fantastic GC10 free kick in another come from behind performance - great game
Rochdale Won 5-1 Another fantastic showing
Luton Draw 0-0 An entertaining draw that could have gone either way
Shrewsbury Won 2-1 Another home win although it needed a lot minute penalty. Great first 30 mins
Bristol R Draw 2-2 A pulsating game that we deserved to win - great entertainment though
Charlton Lost 0-2 Our first defeat of the year but ironically our best 45 mins - we were brilliant until GC10 missed pen
Barnsley Lost 0-3 Every team allowed an off day!!!
Scunthorpe Won 3-2 Pulsating

So I think apart from the Barnsley game the entertainment was far higher than anything Ive witnessed this season

We were relegated!!!!

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Bristol Rich":2pse30hb said:
edmonds200":2pse30hb said:
I think a lot of you have very short memories - to say last seasons football was turgid is not true - look at all our home games in 2019.

Oxford Won 3-0 Played some great stuff
Coventry Won 2-1 Came from behind in an exciting game where Cov were excellent. Lameiras got 2 I remember HP Rocking
Walsall Won 2-1 Not such a good performance but a WIN
Pompey Draw 1-1 Fantastic GC10 free kick in another come from behind performance - great game
Rochdale Won 5-1 Another fantastic showing
Luton Draw 0-0 An entertaining draw that could have gone either way
Shrewsbury Won 2-1 Another home win although it needed a lot minute penalty. Great first 30 mins
Bristol R Draw 2-2 A pulsating game that we deserved to win - great entertainment though
Charlton Lost 0-2 Our first defeat of the year but ironically our best 45 mins - we were brilliant until GC10 missed pen
Barnsley Lost 0-3 Every team allowed an off day!!!
Scunthorpe Won 3-2 Pulsating

So I think apart from the Barnsley game the entertainment was far higher than anything Ive witnessed this season

We were relegated!!!!

.. and we were 'pulsating' under a caretaker manager!!
It may have been 'pulsating' but it was too little, too late!! We won and lost on the same day!!
We beat Rochdale 5-1. They sacked their manager in March and finished 16th!!
We lost 5-1 in the penultimate game! Acted too late, won our last 'pulsating' game and went down!!

Our 'off day' at Barnsley lost us three goals and a point! 0-0? we'd have stayed up!
To stay up, you need to play! To play you need to be motivated to play! Whose job was that? ... Sorry .. I can't hear you!! :furious:

Who took us down? Me? Nance? You? The chuffing Pilsbury Dough Boy from Ghostbusters? No! No! No!! (chrikey, I'm channeling Thatcher now!!) :doh:

So I can see that other pasoti posters are fed up with this 'Adamdeification' and fed up with those, like me, who get goaded into biting back.

I'm sorry guys, this is my last post on the subject, tata to Dadams!! :wave:

Mar 15, 2007
Plymouth
I’ve hovered over this thread a few times trying to consider what I can add to it as someone who was largely Adams in until nearer the end. All I’ve landed on is;

Adams is gone. Move on.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
:nworthy: :thumbup: :thumbs:

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Nobby":sivo8bsi said:
I’ve hovered over this thread a few times trying to consider what I can add to it as someone who was largely Adams in until nearer the end. All I’ve landed on is;

Adams is gone. Move on.

Pretty much.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Nobby":6xy79a1s said:

Adams is gone. Move on.

Who??? :think: