Macey v Letheren | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Macey v Letheren

Mar 16, 2009
London
Ollieargyle9":3v1jz41w said:
Proof is definitely in the pudding, Letheren needs to come back as soon as possible.

Sadly it had to be injury that forced Adams hand into playing Letheren earlier in the season. Personally I think that saved our season. If Macey had played over our purple patch we'd without doubt be in the relegation zone right now.

Thankfully a few extra points should see us through, priority number 1 for the summer has to be a permanent first choice. Letheren is more than good enough cover in L1 but we need a Championship level keeper if Adams is to persist with such negative tactics. A weak goalkeeper like Macey has been utterly exposed by the pressure this system puts on a defence and goalkeeper.

Have you actually seen Macey play?

Mar 16, 2009
London
Ollieargyle9":3trrfbj8 said:
Justin":3trrfbj8 said:
Ah the classic, judgements made from people who didn’t even see the match. Matt was again very comfortable. His height and safe handling snuffling out all Blackpool’s crosses. He’s a class keeper with the added bonus of his towering height and his agility despite it.. and yet again that was evident yesterday.

Thank you for your input Mr Macey, all the best to your son when his loan spell with us expires.

You say ‘proof is in the pudding’:

Since Matt’s return:

We’ve lost only once / he’s won us points.

He’s saved a penalty

He added to his clean sheet tally against the league’s top scorers, performing heroics. Remember the Luton fans chanting ‘he’s one of our own’ after yet another wonder-save? Thought not, cos you probably weren’t there.

He’s not been to blame for any of the goals.

He’s made more than one world-class save.

Sep 6, 2006
Justin":10uz3eby said:
Ollieargyle9":10uz3eby said:
Justin":10uz3eby said:
Ah the classic, judgements made from people who didn’t even see the match. Matt was again very comfortable. His height and safe handling snuffling out all Blackpool’s crosses. He’s a class keeper with the added bonus of his towering height and his agility despite it.. and yet again that was evident yesterday.

Thank you for your input Mr Macey, all the best to your son when his loan spell with us expires.

Since Matt’s return:

He’s saved a penalty

He added to his clean sheet tally against the league’s top scorers, performing heroics. Remember the Luton fans chanting ‘he’s one of our own’ after yet another wonder-save? Thought not, cos you probably weren’t there.

Dont let facts get in the way of a story Justin. A few have decided they dont like him and will twist the story to suit what they believe. They even think he was at fault yesterday. Unbelievable. But when Letheren lets in a 60 yarder they make excuses.Shows how little they know but also an interesting study in how inflexible people are. Make their minds up and will not be swayed. See it all the time with e.g. Biggs and Knibsworth convinced Adams is the best manager since Shankley.

Aug 8, 2013
Worcester
"saved a penalty" doesn't really count when he pushed it back into the path of the oppo for a tap in. Something he needs to work on actually is pushing the ball away from danger, it must be near double figures the number of goals conceded this season from Macey saving the initial effort but pushing the ball back into a dangerous area.

He's definitely changed my mind on him since coming back in for Letheren though. He's got more about him than he showed us for the majority of this season until Kyle took his spot, but I still think we'll need far better next season if we stay up.

Apr 4, 2010
Cornwall
Justin":2cboixo0 said:
Ollieargyle9":2cboixo0 said:
Justin":2cboixo0 said:

Since Matt’s return:

He’s saved a penalty

I've seen us play Luton home and away this season, surprised you didnt say anything about that away game :wave:

Thankfully he'll be gone next year...

Oct 18, 2010
St Judes
SwimWithTheTide":13bn06te said:
He's definitely changed my mind on him since coming back in for Letheren though. He's got more about him than he showed us for the majority of this season until Kyle took his spot, but I still think we'll need far better next season if we stay up.
Agree.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
They’re extremely different, but then extremely similar in the sense that both have big stengths and big weaknesses, their weaknesses are each other’s stengths and visa versa.

Truthfully, I think over an extended period, both are average for this level, not poor, not excellent but average.

I think we need to be looking to sign a more rounded keeper next season, preferably permanently, with Letheren/Cooper for competition/back up.

Jan 24, 2019
r4h4al":1864d9of said:
Green1995":1864d9of said:
Pottypilgrim":1864d9of said:
r4h4al":1864d9of said:
Don't think he was at fault for either goal today?
Not at fault but he could have made more effort to try and save both shots. The lad doesn't move his feet at all! The first; he actually drops his knee/shoulder so he does see it but for some reason he chooses to stay upright rather than try to stop it. The second goes so slow and yet he makes no attempt to shift his feet and try to save that one either. He is not the best option we have imo. It's of no surprise to me that since he's come back there have been more shots on our goal and we are starting to leak more goals.

The defence should be doing there job better and stop these situations from happening consistently. We played well for 82 minutes yesterday and the totally capitulated in defence.
Well the first goal conceded was a shot from outside the box, so apart from possibly Macey no-one was at fault for that, and the 2nd was a fluke so no-one was at fault for that.

Bit the defence didn't close them down quick enough. Which allowed it to happen

Apr 9, 2011
Think both Blackpools goals had an element of luck about it.The first the guy just literally took a hopeful swing at it could have gone anywhere. The second a complete fluke having said that i do think Macey was caught flat footed for both

Sep 6, 2006
phil-thefluter24":1socm6xi said:
Think both Blackpools goals had an element of luck about it.The first the guy just literally took a hopeful swing at it could have gone anywhere. The second a complete fluke having said that i do think Macey was caught flat footed for both

And would you have said the same if Letheren had been in goal? No.

Apr 9, 2011
Balham_Green":3s7mc0xq said:
phil-thefluter24":3s7mc0xq said:

umm i would have if he had been !! (caught flat footed i mean) :facepalm:

Oct 31, 2015
phil-thefluter24":2ymfcp9a said:

Lads in the Barn Park said the same about Rovers goal last week that Macey seemed flat footed. As I'm in the Demport I can't comment

Sep 6, 2006
phil-thefluter24":205ck8xm said:
Balham_Green":205ck8xm said:
phil-thefluter24":205ck8xm said:

Like when Letheren let in the 60 yarder v Southend for example? Did you criticise him?

Oct 18, 2010
St Judes
rsp4":zfz23hrr said:
Lads in the Barn Park said the same about Rovers goal last week that Macey seemed flat footed. As I'm in the Demport I can't comment
This is why Letheren's the better GK.

Oct 18, 2010
St Judes
Balham_Green":6vkbnzj1 said:
phil-thefluter24":6vkbnzj1 said:
Balham_Green":6vkbnzj1 said:
phil-thefluter24":6vkbnzj1 said:

Like when Letheren let in the 60 yarder v Southend for example? Did you criticise him?
Yeah until I saw the Goal cam, which proved it wasn't his fault.