Macey v Letheren | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Macey v Letheren

Oct 5, 2013
When I made the OP, I thought we were going to lose on Saturday, so got that one wrong!
However, we surely threw away a game we should have won on the day, and should be winning given the stage of the season we are at.
All I can say, is that I would replace Macey for the next match.
Letheren seems good for us (and an analysis of results would surely back this up), whereas Macey seems to be involved in numerous “under-performances” (as they were repeatedly called by DA up until Letheren came in and things turned around after Christmas).
We still aren’t safe, and I think we need our best keeper to get us through to safety, not a keeper about whom there seem so many doubts.

Aug 8, 2013
Worcester
From what I've seen I just can't see that Macey has the mental strength for the professional game. His confidence is made of glass and after the first mistake he makes (sliced clearance on Saturday) you can see him crumble.

He's clearly got the ability, but he lacks the self-belief to get over a few crowd grumbles or the confidence to build a relationship with his defensive line. I can't see him finding it easy to get a professional contract once Arsenal finally let him go.

Mar 23, 2019
Dan Ellard":329syrnu said:
Letheren, but it is nowhere near as clear-cut as some people think.

Both have faults and real strong points. Neither are terrible or brilliant at this level.

From what i've seen this season i've got to agree with this.

Mar 16, 2009
London
SwimWithTheTide":39lvrsxg said:
From what I've seen I just can't see that Macey has the mental strength for the professional game. His confidence is made of glass and after the first mistake he makes (sliced clearance on Saturday) you can see him crumble.

He's clearly got the ability, but he lacks the self-belief to get over a few crowd grumbles or the confidence to build a relationship with his defensive line. I can't see him finding it easy to get a professional contract once Arsenal finally let him go.

Sorry this is ridiculous.

He made a sliced clearance did he?
The equivalent of one miss-placed pass from an outfield player then.

Other than that he was faultless.
And that included a world class save worthy of De Gea.
He commanded his area brilliantly all afternoon and his height nullified Bristol Rovers’ over-reliance on set pieces.

Aug 8, 2013
Worcester
Justin":2chjbf97 said:
SwimWithTheTide":2chjbf97 said:

He commanded his area brilliantly all afternoon and his height nullified Bristol Rovers’ over-reliance on set pieces.

The sliced clearance wasn't a criticism from me, Justin. Criticism was his reaction to it. Appeared more withdrawn, less commanding and flapped for the second equaliser.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
SwimWithTheTide":18z5o4vz said:
Justin":18z5o4vz said:
SwimWithTheTide":18z5o4vz said:

The sliced clearance wasn't a criticism from me, Justin. Criticism was his reaction to it. Appeared more withdrawn, less commanding and flapped for the second equaliser.

Their first goal: 4 wimpy tackles rode, worldy finish :clap:
Their second goal: two of ours dived in and hit dirt, they lofted in a cross/shot that Macey was tracking, their guy got a head on it (again our defenders didn't) and deflected it's flight. Anyone would have to 'flap' at that, too late to do anything else.
His save at 45 mins was a matchwinner. The other 10 (plus Adams tactical brilliance with subs) dropped 2 points.

Penlee

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Nov 9, 2011
Stoke in Plymouth
Pogleswoody":319ecyn3 said:
SwimWithTheTide":319ecyn3 said:
Justin":319ecyn3 said:
SwimWithTheTide":319ecyn3 said:

Their first goal: 4 wimpy tackles rode, worldy finish :clap:
Their second goal: two of ours dived in and hit dirt, they lofted in a cross/shot that Macey was tracking, their guy got a head on it (again our defenders didn't) and deflected it's flight. Anyone would have to 'flap' at that, too late to do anything else.
His save at 45 mins was a matchwinner. The other 10 (plus Adams tactical brilliance with subs) dropped 2 points.

Agreed - there may be other facets to his game that need work but his display was pretty much flawless on Sat. No chance for either goal. I thought the defending was woeful for three of the four goals but the final one was pretty much just a well executed goal. Macey no way at fault.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
Just watched Letheren’s interview on ifollow. It looks as though he’s got a wrist injury as well as his thigh problem.

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
davie nine":2ns2ws6h said:
Just watched Letheren’s interview on ifollow. It looks as though he’s got a wrist injury as well as his thigh problem.

Good that Macey is playing well at the moment then..

Oct 18, 2010
St Judes
davie nine":36yynnwf said:
Strange that he was on the bench last week then, surely Cooper should be on the bench?

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
I thought it was only kicking that Letheren had a slight Problem with?

Oct 31, 2015
JannerinCardiff":27e0uho6 said:
I thought it was only kicking that Letheren had a slight Problem with?

That's what he said in the local press. Injections into the groin and some sort of kryo treatment at mad temps.

Oct 31, 2015
Letherans last 5 games up to injury conceded 4
Maceys last 5 games we have conceded 7

Same defence in front of both.

There is more to keeping than fine saves and I don't see this as a coincidence.

Not blaming him today just pointing out