Macey v Letheren | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Macey v Letheren

Mar 16, 2009
London
Nobby":1nkoj09k said:
I am honestly lost for words that anyone could criticise Macey for the first goal today. David De Gea wouldn’t have stopped it.

I didn’t have a great view of the second but can’t see how he’s at fault either?

And I see everyone is conveniently ignoring the unbelievable save that kept it 0-0 from Nichols? If Letheren had done that we’d be funding statues outside the ground.

It really is dumbfounding.

Someone even claiming ‘that’ save was a lucky trail of the leg.

It was worthy of De Gea. No question.

There’s clearly some very very odd people on this site.

Mar 15, 2007
Plymouth
Just watched the highlights. The 0-0 save is with his hands as far as I can see. Can’t do anything about either goal. Songo’o/Edwards should cut out the cross in my opinion.

leeroy221

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
May 10, 2015
So for the 2nd goal we are all casually forgetting the shyte clearance/kick which led to the throw in? Bloody awfull, basics.

Mar 15, 2007
Plymouth
leeroy221":2hhgowhg said:
So for the 2nd goal we are all casually forgetting the shyte clearance/kick which led to the throw in? Bloody awfull, basics.

The throw in was 70 yards up the pitch. Delusional if you think a goal that comes a minute later is the keepers fault.

Apr 4, 2010
Cornwall
It was a good save to keep us level going into half time . He cost us the game at the end, the ball came straight at him and he still missed it.

We need Letheren back...

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
There's definitely been improvement in Macey's game, but for me, considering we're approaching crunch time, Letheren inspires more confidence & we generally just look more solid with him.

Oct 31, 2015
Still Letheren for me I'm afraid.

I will say Macey has improved since coming back in. His distribution has improved and He gets to crosses now which he was not doing.

I can blame him for the goals yesterday and he did really well from Nichols on the far post just before half time ( it was not lucky) but the one key thing he still does not do is command his area or his defence. It drives me batty but he is as quiet as a lamb.

Yesterday's 1st goal was sublime but our defense didn't close down the shooter and the second is comical with 6 defenders on the park yet their man get his head on it!!!!

Jan 24, 2019
It is pointless comparing the two of them. One is 6 foot plus and the other is five foot plus. They will both have different goalkeeping styles and are at different stages of their careers.

Oct 18, 2010
St Judes
I can blame him for the goals yesterday and he did really well from Nichols on the far post just before half time ( it was not lucky) but the one key thing he still does not do is command his area or his defense. It drives me batty but he is as quiet as a lamb.
Yeah that's 1 thing that Letheren is better at tbf.

I think overall they're about the same, so just let Macey continue then as long as his performances and confidence are still good.

Sep 6, 2006
rsp4":thewplkf said:

I will say Macey has improved since coming back in. His distribution has improved and He gets to crosses now which he was not doing.

I can blame him for the goals yesterday and he did really well from Nichols on the far post just before half time ( it was not lucky) but the one key thing he still does not do is command his area or his defence. It drives me batty but he is as quiet as a lamb.

Yesterday's 1st goal was sublime but our defense didn't close down the shooter and the second is comical with 6 defenders on the park yet their man get his head on it!!!!

'can' or cant blame him? There is a big difference!

Oct 31, 2015
Balham_Green":3ndb9i9c said:
rsp4":3ndb9i9c said:

'can' or cant blame him? There is a big difference!

Oops CANT blame him :)