Macey v Letheren | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Macey v Letheren

Sep 6, 2006
rsp4":1jz6afhg said:
Letherans last 5 games up to injury conceded 4
Maceys last 5 games we have conceded 7

Same defence in front of both.

There is more to keeping than fine saves and I don't see this as a coincidence.

Not blaming him today just pointing out

Not same defence and different opposition! Apart from that...

Oct 31, 2015
Balham_Green":2xgzgk1p said:
rsp4":2xgzgk1p said:

Dull reply bg :funny: :funny: :funny:

of course its different opposition we dont play the same team every game

Sep 6, 2006
rsp4":47pjl1tw said:
Balham_Green":47pjl1tw said:
rsp4":47pjl1tw said:

So makes your point invalid then. I note you have ignored the point about the defence!

Sep 2, 2008
r4h4al":3mstydcy said:
Don't think he was at fault for either goal today?
Not at fault but he could have made more effort to try and save both shots. The lad doesn't move his feet at all! The first; he actually drops his knee/shoulder so he does see it but for some reason he chooses to stay upright rather than try to stop it. The second goes so slow and yet he makes no attempt to shift his feet and try to save that one either. He is not the best option we have imo. It's of no surprise to me that since he's come back there have been more shots on our goal and we are starting to leak more goals.

Oct 5, 2013
Letheren played 10 games and we got 20 points (starting at 24th position); so extremely good results with him between the sticks.
Suggest that an analysis of Macey’s tenure after 10 games would therefore provide a fair comparison.
Personally I have concerns about our run-in if Macey is going to be the one playing, cos we obviously ain’t safe yet.

Feb 12, 2019
Plymouth
LETHEREN ALL DAY LONG!!

Indeed a poor decision from Adams to stick Macey back in. I would have bet money that results would go bad again when Macey came in. Oh well, a few more games to go and that'll be the end of him. How can Adams not see that Letheren is by far a better keeper and a comparison of results shows this too

Feb 12, 2019
Plymouth
Pottypilgrim":2jujpoue said:
r4h4al":2jujpoue said:
Not at fault but he could have made more effort to try and save both shots. The lad doesn't move his feet at all! The first; he actually drops his knee/shoulder so he does see it but for some reason he chooses to stay upright rather than try to stop it. The second goes so slow and yet he makes no attempt to shift his feet and try to save that one either. He is not the best option we have imo. It's of no surprise to me that since he's come back there have been more shots on our goal and we are starting to leak more goals.

I agree. Both goals were pathetic and saveable

Jan 24, 2019
Pottypilgrim":233zlhg5 said:
r4h4al":233zlhg5 said:

The defence should be doing there job better and stop these situations from happening consistently. We played well for 82 minutes yesterday and the totally capitulated in defence.

Oct 18, 2010
St Judes
Green1995":32ndzo0v said:
Pottypilgrim":32ndzo0v said:
r4h4al":32ndzo0v said:

The defence should be doing there job better and stop these situations from happening consistently. We played well for 82 minutes yesterday and the totally capitulated in defence.
Well the first goal conceded was a shot from outside the box, so apart from possibly Macey no-one was at fault for that, and the 2nd was a fluke so no-one was at fault for that.

Mar 16, 2009
London
argyleforever":13a955bo said:
Pottypilgrim":13a955bo said:
r4h4al":13a955bo said:

I agree. Both goals were pathetic and saveable

Comedy gold.

Mar 16, 2009
London
rsp4":2nk9i3zs said:
Balham_Green":2nk9i3zs said:
rsp4":2nk9i3zs said:

So it shows how illegitimate and naive your point is then.

Which is what BG was highlighting.

Mar 16, 2009
London
Ah the classic, judgements made from people who didn’t even see the match. Matt was again very comfortable. His height and safe handling snuffling out all Blackpool’s crosses. He’s a class keeper with the added bonus of his towering height and his agility despite it.. and yet again that was evident yesterday.

Apr 4, 2010
Cornwall
Proof is definitely in the pudding, Letheren needs to come back as soon as possible.

Sadly it had to be injury that forced Adams hand into playing Letheren earlier in the season. Personally I think that saved our season. If Macey had played over our purple patch we'd without doubt be in the relegation zone right now.

Thankfully a few extra points should see us through, priority number 1 for the summer has to be a permanent first choice. Letheren is more than good enough cover in L1 but we need a Championship level keeper if Adams is to persist with such negative tactics. A weak goalkeeper like Macey has been utterly exposed by the pressure this system puts on a defence and goalkeeper.

Apr 4, 2010
Cornwall
Justin":hw91uwgu said:
Ah the classic, judgements made from people who didn’t even see the match. Matt was again very comfortable. His height and safe handling snuffling out all Blackpool’s crosses. He’s a class keeper with the added bonus of his towering height and his agility despite it.. and yet again that was evident yesterday.

Thank you for your input Mr Macey, all the best to your son when his loan spell with us expires.