Lowe in talks with Argyle (Confirmed) | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Lowe in talks with Argyle (Confirmed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 23, 2014
plymouth
Wango":36kvilo8 said:
PMPilgrim":36kvilo8 said:
Playing Devil’s advocate....

He has already been relegated from league 1 and seems to have quite the temper on him......something that may have hastened DA’s departure.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football ... an-doping/

Good luck in finding someone flawless to take over a league 2 club. There is no guarantee with anyone. However if we can appoint someone who got promoted from our actual division last year. With plenty of time to build a squad for next season (as well as the prospect of bringing some Bury players with him). It would get my vote. Apart from anything else I could feel optimistic about next season for the first time.
couldn't agree more

D

Darren Stoneman

Can’t stop the track going around in my head!

All time Lowe by The Wanted, how apt!!

( I know it is really Lowe)

D

Darren Stoneman

And they are some amazing song titles that would make him a real match for us

lowe Budget The Kinks
Shoot High aim Lowe, Yes
Swing Lowe
Lowe life

So many new club songs

Alan Turing

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jul 24, 2010
Mutley
crownhillpilgrim":32h9h0zh said:
Action Jackson":32h9h0zh said:
He would be such a great appointment.

Come on Ryan, the weather, the scenery and the pasties are all glorious down 'ere.

The weather?

The rain is warmer down here :)

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Darren Stoneman":3rzp3mui said:
Can’t stop the track going around in my head!

All time Lowe by The Wanted, how apt!!

( I know it is really Lowe)

:)

And his brother Curtis was the finest picker to ever play the blues.

Aug 5, 2016
PMPilgrim":3g2q73uz said:

He has already been relegated from league 1 and seems to have quite the temper on him......something that may have hastened DA’s departure.

What good manager doesn't have a temper?

Alex Ferguson was hardly a gaffer to be crossed, and neither was Brian Clough. One kicked a boot at David Beckham's head before selling him and the other punched Roy Keane in the stomach for a poor backpass. These two spent decades at the top level winning everything in club football and were not exactly calm philosophical thinkers who stewed on a player problem overnight.

Jul 12, 2016
pearces greens":28nl6mdh said:
Wango":28nl6mdh said:
PMPilgrim":28nl6mdh said:

Good luck in finding someone flawless to take over a league 2 club. There is no guarantee with anyone. However if we can appoint someone who got promoted from our actual division last year. With plenty of time to build a squad for next season (as well as the prospect of bringing some Bury players with

him). It would get my vote. Apart from anything else I could feel optimistic about next season for the first time.
couldn't agree more

Whoever we recruit will be a gamble and so long as the players play for the shirt that's all you can ask. Lets get somebody in a. s.a.p.,give him our full support and hopefully see some decent football.

Sep 3, 2011
Ryan Lowe is merely keeping all his options open, as would anyone else not being paid for their work. And I'm speaking from experience

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
I’m genuinely astonished that some people don’t like the idea of appointing a fresh, young, ambitious manager known for playing attractive attacking football.

Ryan Lowe sounds like a cracking appointment to me, and if he’s serious about the job, to come all this way, it shows he wants somewhere safe & long term to build a project and implement his vision.

C

Cult Of Personality

Cobi Budge":2zo3gkaa said:
I’m genuinely astonished that some people don’t like the idea of appointing a fresh, young, ambitious manager known for playing attractive attacking football.

Ryan Lowe sounds like a cracking appointment to me, and if he’s serious about the job, to come all this way, it shows he wants somewhere safe & long term to build a project and implement his vision.

I have come around to him a manager having read up on him. Has links with Steven Gerrard and Jurgen Klopp . Something we could use to bring in Liverpool youth players maybe and possibly Rangers .

I like the fact he plays an attacking style and its high press . We see exciting football under him

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Would quite like the sound of a Nicky Maynard-Freddie Ladapo front line next season if Lowe does become our manager..

:thumbup:

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Lowe ticks all the boxes - a young hungry manager, fast attacking football, a promotion in his first full season in difficult financial circumstances - although does he have contacts within the game, does he have a network within football and can he call in a favour when looking for a loan player?
And the same applies for his current assistant Steven Schumacher if he joins as well.

I suppose any new manager will have a 'but' against his name.

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
PL2 3DQ":20di9ozr said:
Lowe ticks all the boxes - a young hungry manager, fast attacking football, a promotion in his first full season in difficult financial circumstances - although does he have contacts within the game, does he have a network within football and can he call in a favour when looking for a loan player?
And the same applies for his current assistant Steven Schumacher if he joins as well.

I suppose any new manager will have a 'but' against his name.

Bury took in 11 free signings last summer. If Lowe arrives at Home Park I think a few of them could well follow him especially given the uncertainty at Gigg Lane.

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
I know Lowe looks an interesting prospect and appears to have a strong personality. Having said all that, if we were to turn the clock back to the time of Shezza's departure back up north, and Argyle were seeking a replacement manager, and they had 2 applications side by side from, DA and Lowe, would we really be excited about the latter in comparison to DA's. This is obviously without bringing any hindsight into the selection process. The point I am trying to make, is this, is Lowe a sufficiently strong candidate for Argyle's needs? Personally, I think not, but as the Directors are fishing for a replacement in a sea of candidates with flaws somewhere on their CV's, at this stage, I do not know who to suggest. Football managership is a funny old occupation because managers can make a balls-up with one club but can be successful at others..

Status
Not open for further replies.