Lowe in talks with Argyle (Confirmed) | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Lowe in talks with Argyle (Confirmed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 7, 2006
Altarnun_Green":2hswpzzn said:
https://www.theleaguepaper.com/latest-news/10688/ryan-lowe-now-its-time-for-a-shake-up-at-bury/

Not sure if the above has been posted anywhere but explains a few things

If he's the man the board wants then they should offer to match the back pay as a signing bonus.

justanotherfan

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
Shankster":ytmgu2ol said:
Not arsed about any of the candidates, their past or present. Their future is relevant, see what happens, far too much lauding and pathetic, modern facetube b**locks. Whoever he/ she is that manages the team will succeed or fall dependant on results

That`s basically the bare bones of it.

justanotherfan

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
Quote " I want players who wear their hearts on their sleeves and will die for the club", seems to fit with our squad then. :twisted:

Jun 7, 2006
PMPilgrim":1ha4lluc said:
Playing Devil’s advocate....

He has already been relegated from league 1 and seems to have quite the temper on him......something that may have hastened DA’s departure.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football ... an-doping/

Good luck in finding someone flawless to take over a league 2 club. There is no guarantee with anyone. However if we can appoint someone who got promoted from our actual division last year. With plenty of time to build a squad for next season (as well as the prospect of bringing some Bury players with him). It would get my vote. Apart from anything else I could feel optimistic about next season for the first time.

Mar 23, 2019
He would be such a great appointment.

Come on Ryan, the weather, the scenery and the pasties are all glorious down 'ere.

Jan 8, 2006
Adams has a better win % than Lowe. This is also based on 4 times the number of games he has been in charge of compared with Lowe. He gets one promotion and all of a sudden he is the favorite. There is also 12 months compensation to sort out on his contract, taking more money out of the playing budget. We need to face up to the reality the club has been run on a shoestring budget for too long and that is the problem. We finished above Pompey last year with a budget 30% directly compared. We are in the bottom six of league 1 playing budgets. As Adams said to the Senior Greens just before he was sacked if I had the money of Sunderland I can promise you promotion. Coughlan also is being mentioned but his time at Southend ended in tears. This idea of the young forward thinking football manager is all well and good but I am afraid to say it is experience that counts in this game. Torquay United realised that just before it was too late.

If it is really a young forward thinking manager that is required then how about a man who captained us, Manchester City, Huddersfield, and Blackpool. Has worked as an assistant manager and manager. Has led his team as manager to the Scottish Challenge Cup Final. Has led his team to their highest ever place in their league. Has won a cup and led his team to UEFA Europa League. He has been inducted in the hall of fame at numerous of his previous clubs. He is tough and hard and his autobiography brings tears to your eyes. He has green blood through and through. He is the type of man I would like to lead our club.

Oct 31, 2015
justanotherfan":3e66aldn said:
Quote " I want players who wear their hearts on their sleeves and will die for the club", seems to fit with our squad then. :twisted:

That's the current squad all sacked then if he comes down. Bar Songoo none of them would fit that description.

Come on down Mr Lowe and sort this shower out :funny:

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Altarnun_Green":3udyv2r3 said:
https://www.theleaguepaper.com/latest-news/10688/ryan-lowe-now-its-time-for-a-shake-up-at-bury/

Not sure if the above has been posted anywhere but explains a few things

About 5 times now. :) And the tactical analysis article. :)
I know, there's lots to read.

Argylegames

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 12, 2006
Hampshire, UK
www.argylegames.org.uk
PMPilgrim":10go9qxc said:
He has already been relegated from league 1 and seems to have quite the temper on him.

Relegated with a squad he inherited which he said weren't his style of player. He had a big clearout and won promotion at the first go with players who were not getting paid for the last two months of the season. One man's temper is another man's passion.

Oct 31, 2015
nick623":1rgnf3mo said:
Adams has a better win % than Lowe. This is also based on 4 times the number of games he has been in charge of compared with Lowe. He gets one promotion and all of a sudden he is the favorite. There is also 12 months compensation to sort out on his contract, taking more money out of the playing budget. We need to face up to the reality the club has been run on a shoestring budget for too long and that is the problem. We finished above Pompey last year with a budget 30% directly compared. We are in the bottom six of league 1 playing budgets. As Adams said to the Senior Greens just before he was sacked if I had the money of Sunderland I can promise you promotion. Coughlan also is being mentioned but his time at Southend ended in tears. This idea of the young forward thinking football manager is all well and good but I am afraid to say it is experience that counts in this game. Torquay United realised that just before it was too late.

If it is really a young forward thinking manager that is required then how about a man who captained us, Manchester City, Huddersfield, and Blackpool. Has worked as an assistant manager and manager. Has led his team as manager to the Scottish Challenge Cup Final. Has led his team to their highest ever place in their league. Has won a cup and led his team to UEFA Europa League. He has been inducted in the hall of fame at numerous of his previous clubs. He is tough and hard and his autobiography brings tears to your eyes. He has green blood through and through. He is the type of man I would like to lead our club.

Sorry Nick but the budget comments is total bo!!0(£&. Yes DA had a good win ratio in the bottom league but not in league 1 and it was f all to do with the budget but everything to do with how the budget was used. I have said this numerous times on here and get fed up with DAs fans blaming the budget.

On the last game of the season how many of last summer's signings started the game?

Just one which was Freddie

It was how the budget was used AND not the level of budget. Blimey it's like a broken record :banghead:

Jul 7, 2008
Plymouth/Bristol
nick623":391d0a1f said:

Who’s this you’re citing?

Status
Not open for further replies.