Lowe in talks with Argyle (Confirmed) | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Lowe in talks with Argyle (Confirmed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Larry David

✅ Evergreen
Apr 9, 2004
LA NY or Cuckfield
freddie2greens":9r24civ9 said:
I think he's using us to get a better deal at bury personally. I can't see any reason why he fits us at all. Coughlan or Holloway for me, preferably Coughlan but Holloway will make things interesting and will possibly attract a better player through his connections.

Zero chance it's to get a better deal at Bury, they are potless. This has legs and no doubt tomorrow will see this firmed up. Wouldn't be surprised if this is wrapped up pretty quickly regardless of the further interviews next week line. This from sources way better informed than me.

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
On the understanding that Lowe is contracted to Bury, Argyle must have asked that club for permission to speak to their employee, which was presumably freely given. That does not sound like a club wanting to retain the services of an up and coming young manager.

Alan Turing

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jul 24, 2010
Mutley
If he hasn’t been paid, he is technically out of contract so Argyle maybe wouldn’t have needed permission per se. They may have informed Bury as a matter of courtesy, but I doubt there was anything they could do about it.

Oct 16, 2016
Not arsed about any of the candidates, their past or present. Their future is relevant, see what happens, far too much lauding and pathetic, modern facetube b**locks. Whoever he/ she is that manages the team will succeed or fall dependant on results

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yfQ8xCxCltE
Warning. Scouse translation required.
Watched highlights of some of his teams games last season on the bury youtube channel.
Played all with 3 CBs/2 WBs. 1 or 2 sitting in front with 2 nippy smallish skilful strikers up top.
Danny mayor the standout one for me. Lots of goals scored though plenty of dodgy defending in conceding as well.
A nice little 1-0, 2-0 double over the greasy grecians gets a :thumbs: from me.

Mar 14, 2009
What is everyone’s obsession with Holloway. Seriously, the guy is a good manager but why do we as Argyle fans keep looking backwards.

Hallett said “a modern, forward thinking” person. Holloway is bright and football smart but he doesn’t seem to fit the narrative of modern. Surely, this also rules our people like Gary Johnson and Steve Cotterill.

The Lowe speculation has got me rather excited to be honest. He has a “footballing style” and if this is similar to what the other candidates will be like then lm looking forward to hearing more speculation. He isn’t scared to listen to advice from other managers. Yet he has proven in 12 months that his words match up with the style he wants his team to express themselves in.

This is just one of many names l reckon we shall hear of. It’s amazing how a name leaks out for interview and people assume he has the job. I dare say there are two or three others in the pipeline for interview.

However, l know people will say Lowe is relatively inexperienced. Yet hopefully by looking at least in the direction of Lowe Argyle are maybe understanding how important the “brand” of football, that is to be watched at HP is, especially if they have real ambitions of getting more people into HP and make money from the new grandstand.

I’m excited anyhow, and only hearing someone like a Darren Way got interviewed for the job would quashed that excitement at this time.

Adam

Pasoti Designer
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 5, 2010
Assuming that given Bury's financial state, Lowe, potentially hasn't been paid for a few months.

As that would be a breach of contract on the club's behalf does that mean that he isn't under contract with them anymore and is just there out of courtesy of finishing the job?

If that's correct then there is a possibility that a) Argyle wouldn't have to ask for permission to talk to Lowe and b) compensation wouldnt be required should he join us.

Not sure if this is correct however.

Jul 19, 2006
Yorkshire
The only worry here is if he signs on and then does promotion again his stock would rise again and therefore a bigger co tract at a bigger north western club would be difficult for him to turn Down
I like the idea of him seems fresh and untainted but I doubt we would get the big project from him
Coughlan for me was an ok appointment when we had Adams as a fresh new manager however at the moment we will be expecting to be there or there abouts next season at the minimum and he hasn't got credentials at the top end as of yet
Holloway plays good football hence why we so annoyed when he left however too much baggage

From Hallets original statement I think Lowe may have always been number one target seems to fit employed by another club and small compensation
We may not even need to pay compensation for Lowe but I suspect Argyle have offered to due to Burys financial situation although this maybe less than expected if they weren't in difficulties

Alan Turing

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jul 24, 2010
Mutley
Adam":3f5daaij said:
Assuming that given Bury's financial state, Lowe, potentially hasn't been paid for a few months.

As that would be a breach of contract on the club's behalf does that mean that he isn't under contract with them anymore and is just there out of courtesy of finishing the job?

If that's correct then there is a possibility that a) Argyle wouldn't have to ask for permission to talk to Lowe and b) compensation wouldnt be required should he join us.

Why didn’t I think of that?! :)

Adam

Pasoti Designer
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 5, 2010
Alan Turing":estwlv28 said:
Adam":estwlv28 said:

Apologies Alan, hadn't read through all the posts properly before posting myself. Rookie mistake!!

Great minds think alike however!!

Jun 7, 2006
This could be complete conjecture of course. However there's growing evidence that there's something in this. Despite promotion at Bury Lowe would face the prospect of losing key players and a possible points deduction. Would be very difficult to sign new players as well. I do not know enough about their predicament to be clear on this. It would however explain why he's talking to us. Argyle are a stable platform and the board have a history of backing managers. If rumours are true I think it would be a good choice on paper at least.

Alan Turing

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jul 24, 2010
Mutley
Adam":e1c3ruef said:
Alan Turing":e1c3ruef said:
Adam":e1c3ruef said:

Apologies Alan, hadn't read through all the posts properly before posting myself. Rookie mistake!!

Great minds think alike however!!

No worries mate, just pulling your leg - I did like your point about not having to pay compensation.

Status
Not open for further replies.