Lowe in talks with Argyle (Confirmed) | Page 6 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Lowe in talks with Argyle (Confirmed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 6, 2005
Tugboat":35w2s2q6 said:
IJN":35w2s2q6 said:
I would say 'definitely not'.
To what exactly?
Based on where we are after 4 years of Adams, it’s hard to see how any other candidate could have done worse. I’m sure it would have been better with Jones but as he was untried and I can see why the Board were reluctant to take a chance. It was a similar situation when Sheridan was appointed instead of Lee Johnson.

It might also have been a little bit less negative and a bit more entertaining with somebody else, compared to Adams the poor-man’s Tony Pulis. All eleven players back at corners, even when we were losing with 10 minutes or less to go, 9 or 10 players behind the ball for large parts of matches whoever we were playing and sitting on 1-goal leads if we did manage to score first.

After 4 years of Adams, I think it puts Sheridan in a lot better light, rock bottom and going out of the Football League to Play-off contenders within 2 seasons and all with with the likes of Dominic Blizzard.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Don't worry Tuggers, it's me going round the twist.

It was Alan Turing who asked it.

Apologies.

Mark Smith

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
Luxembourg and Horsham
If there were two Plymouth Argyles or this was a computer game, then I would definitely take a punt on Lowe. But there is “only one Argyle” and I think we need to maximise our chances of immediate promotion. I don’t know about you, but I don’t want to spend more than one season back in league two – and I don’t mean falling into non-league.

This means someone with experience, an extensive network and a personality that gets people talking about our club. Someone with a plan A, a plan B, and a plan C. Someone who can drag good loan signings out of the woodwork in January. And so on.

Lowe could possibly fit us very well and I’d be 100% behind him if that was the decision. But I don’t think our club needs to take that kind of risk on someone who has had one good season in a year-and-a-half of management (Adams’ promotion was statistically more impressive).

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
IJN":2bem3gp7 said:
Don't worry Tuggers, it's me going round the twist.

It was Alan Turing who asked it.

Apologies.

:lol:

No worries, I was half expecting me to be going round the twist.

A relief on my part :whistle: :thumbup:

Aug 10, 2006
Green as Grass":26dnkc5a said:
PlymouthCasual":26dnkc5a said:
People questioning Ryan Lowes links and ability to recruit. The guy got Jordan Rossiter on loan from Rangers, thats a massive coup for a club like Bury

That is because he is a long time friend of Steve Gerrard so we might get similar loans from Rangers should he be appointed.
and bury played a pre season friendly at Rangers which would be nice.

Aug 10, 2006
Green as Grass":3awqsy1w said:
PlymouthCasual":3awqsy1w said:
People questioning Ryan Lowes links and ability to recruit. The guy got Jordan Rossiter on loan from Rangers, thats a massive coup for a club like Bury

That is because he is a long time friend of Steve Gerrard so we might get similar loans from Rangers should he be appointed.
and bury played a pre season friendly at Rangers which would be nice.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Green as Grass":1m3rws9f said:
PlymouthCasual":1m3rws9f said:

Wouldn't it be us sending players on loan to Rangers to help them out? ;)

Alan Turing

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jul 24, 2010
Mutley
The possibility of recruiting Ryan Lowe does excite me, despite his inexperience, but if he isn’t prepared to move here with his family, then I think we should look elsewhere.

Dorset Green

✅ Evergreen
Feb 8, 2009
Bridport
Picking a new manager is just like any appointment, you only have a limited choice and some of the best candidates may get other jobs while you're going through the process. There's also the issues of taking on a club relegated to the bottom tier of league football, in the south-west. I don't envy those making the decision, so I'll go with whoever's appointed although I'd rather have a young manager keen to prove themselves than one on the way back down from better things.

Apr 29, 2016
Mark_Smith":2e6lnfs4 said:
If there were two Plymouth Argyles or this was a computer game, then I would definitely take a punt on Lowe. But there is “only one Argyle” and I think we need to maximise our chances of immediate promotion. I don’t know about you, but I don’t want to spend more than one season back in league two – and I don’t mean falling into non-league.

This means someone with experience, an extensive network and a personality that gets people talking about our club. Someone with a plan A, a plan B, and a plan C. Someone who can drag good loan signings out of the woodwork in January. And so on.

Lowe could possibly fit us very well and I’d be 100% behind him if that was the decision. But I don’t think our club needs to take that kind of risk on someone who has had one good season in a year-and-a-half of management (Adams’ promotion was statistically more impressive).

Is it taking a risk to employ someone who had just achieved promotion from the division we’re trying to get out of? Also with the highest scoring record.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Balls to experience.

Roberto Martinez didn’t have managerial experience when Swansea hired him, Eddie Howe didn’t have managerial experience when Bournemouth turned to him, David Wagner didn’t have experience of English football when Huddersfield hired him. Hell, even we can point to Carl Fletcher turning around a hopeless situation adrift at the bottom of League 2.

Ideas trump experience every single time.

leeroy221

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
May 10, 2015
Attended the Argyle tournament yesterday and spoke to quite a few people i know who work at Argyle including the academy and youth teams, all had told me that Holloway had been interviewed at the end of the last week.

Status
Not open for further replies.