Legends line up vote (for stadium exterior artwork) | Page 6 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Legends line up vote (for stadium exterior artwork)

Oct 15, 2017
I agree, I’m not sure it should be this democratic. And certainly not on Twitter. A panel of Argyle experts of all ages would have been good, maybe Sparksy and a few others.

And I’m not even sure having favourite players and seeing them in the flesh is even that relevant. E.g. Graham Carey is my favourite Argyle player, for various personal reasons. But I don’t think he should be in an all-time XI because I know that previous players achieved more before my time.

Will shut up now :ROFLMAO::censored:

I think an email to the club would have given a wider view although this would not
be any use to people who don't have or use social media.

Argyleloyal

Pasoti Announcer.
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 25, 2016
Up today is left back, the nominations are Colin Sullivan, Paul Williams Tony Capaldi and Gary Sawyer

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
There's no point Sullivan or Williams even being on the list, Sawyer and Capaldi have a combined 91% of the votes so far.

Sawyer is deserving of accolades, but this voting method is clearly farcical. Capaldi has ten times the votes of Sullivan (Saltash born, first appearance at 16, England under-23 international, 257 games, League Cup semi-finalist).

It's simply disrespectful to pre-2000 players and the history of the club itself to be doing it this way (n)

Last edited:
Jul 23, 2021
Argyle’s twitter account has over 118,000 followers and is the quickest way for the club to connect with fans.

Twitter doesn’t give an accurate reflection of every fans view but is there actually a better way of voting for this? If the polls were on the official site, it would still be linked to on Twitter.

Its 100% a flawed way to run a poll but I’m not sure there is a way that it could be run any better.
Of course it could, how did we vote for anything before Tw or FB? This method is a joke, but no doubt fits the club's 'values'......

May 8, 2011
Something that I’ve seen at a number of grounds is that the street lamp posts in the approach roads to grounds have official clubs banners attached to them.

If the City Council allowed Argyle to do that on Outland Road and Alma Road then there would be more than enough spaces to allow far more Argyle Legends to be honoured.

Reactions: Drake
Feb 8, 2005
Let's look at this logically.

Argyle want to encourage more youngsters to the game, probably because of the proportion of us oldies going to the matches, but in time will slowly reduce in number. That's just nature.

What better way of keeping the youngsters interest than to show them their heroes outside of the ground.

Our heroes are on the walls inside the ground, but there has been a gap from when they were first placed there to now and the Club are just giving the youngsters the opportunity to choose who they want to see, to keep the scenario going, and the Club has chosen Twitter to encourage the younger generation to vote, without interference from us older generation.

Argyleloyal

Pasoti Announcer.
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 25, 2016
The nominations are for central midfield and the are.
Steve McCall
Ronnie Mauge
David Friio
Lilan Nalis

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
That’s totally fine @jimsing, but then don’t call it an all-time XI. Call it a fan’s choice XI or something.

I don’t think this is the intention though. I think Argyle wanted a good mix of eras, they thought Twitter made sense as a voting platform with 100k+ followers, and it’s backfiring.

This is the equivalent of a Man United all-time XI being put to Twitter, and it basically being the Class of 92 onwards with no Best, Law, Charlton, Edwards etc because none of the voters had seen them play.

Reactions: PL2 3DQ

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Friio will win that in Twitter. Nowhere near as skilful as McCall but I think Daviid was one of our best ever.

I'm still laughing at Nissie not winning.

The Pasty Kid

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Aug 16, 2006
Liskeard
Friio has over 80 percent of the vote so far. I went for McCall (though I DID go Connolly over Nisbet despite seeing both), but I've really no problem with David taking it. Great player

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
The nominations are for central midfield and the are.
Steve McCall
Ronnie Mauge
David Friio
Lilan Nalis

That's not the top 4 from the 2019 poll that the club said they were using.

1.David Friio
2. Lilian Nalis
3. Akos Buzsaky
4. Steve McCall
5. Steve Castle
6. Johnny Williams
7. Kevin Summerfield
8. Ronnie Mauge
9. John Matthews
10. Chris Billy

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Yep, no problem with Friio at all. It’s when Sonny Bradley gets 20 times the votes of Moses Russell (Welsh international with 400 Argyle games over 16 years) that I’ll start moaning again :ROFLMAO:

The Pasty Kid

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Aug 16, 2006
Liskeard
We may see the other four from the top eight - assuming two Central midfield positions

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
We may see the other four from the top eight - assuming two Central midfield positions

Yeah fair point, which will be Buzsaky winning by a mile presumably. With Summerfield et al way behind as… you guessed it… none of the voters had seen them play.