Leaving early | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Leaving early

Sep 25, 2010
I was in block 7, today, and the leaving early brigade, reached epidemic proportions today.

People were leaving with 15 mins to go, what on earth are they doing, not everybody needs to catch a bus or train.

It was so bad, and it came to a head when Ness had that late chance, and the idiots walking down the steps, suddenly stopped and looked at the game, and blocked everybody's views around us, which caused a few agruements, and could have turned silly,
They also were blocking other at the foot of the steps, which included people in wheelchairs.

They have no respect for other fans, why do they have to leave, it was a fair game at the end , with Bradford trying to seek an equaliser, and Argyle holding out, which gave us a playoff spot, WHY leave early

Jan 30, 2017
I understand that it is inconvenient and if they do stop in the gangways it's quite unfair to those whose views are impaired.

That aside, why do you care so much what the others are doing? They are paying customers and there is no obligation to stay until FT. There's more to life than football, and any number of reasons would be absolutely legitimate cause to leave early.

May 16, 2016
Back of the Lyndhurst at the final, one of the last out of the stand. Walked to St Levans, driven over the Tamar Bridge by 1730.

Probably helped by all the early leavers !

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
Green90":gj1uc7qq said:
I understand that it is inconvenient and if they do stop in the gangways it's quite unfair to those whose views are impaired.

That aside, why do you care so much what the others are doing? They are paying customers and there is no obligation to stay until FT. There's more to life than football, and any number of reasons would be absolutely legitimate cause to leave early.

That aside, I don’t give a sh!t if people leave early. Thats like saying apart from the pain, why do you care about being kicked in the balls. If people want to go, fine, but they always stand in the way of others who want to watch the end of the match.

The bloke who sits next to me usually leaves a minute or two before the final whistle, but unlike others he waits until the steps are clear and then goes quickly without getting in peoples way. I have no problem with this as he takes others into consideration. Standing around on the steps shouldn’t be allowed and anyone doing so should be moved on by the stewards.

Feb 25, 2008
Crownhill
Martyn is right, the number of early leavers today had no concern for those who want to continue to watch the match. My view from Block 8 was totally obstructed by an almost static line of leavers on the staircase who couldn't care 2 figs about those sat around them. No excuses.

Jan 30, 2017
GreenThing":1o75i00h said:
Green90":1o75i00h said:

That aside, I don’t give a sh!t if people leave early. Thats like saying apart from the pain, why do you care about being kicked in the balls. If people want to go, fine, but they always stand in the way of others who want to watch the end of the match.

The bloke who sits next to me usually leaves a minute or two before the final whistle, but unlike others he waits until the steps are clear and then goes quickly without getting in peoples way. I have no problem with this as he takes others into consideration. Standing around on the steps shouldn’t be allowed and anyone doing so should be moved on by the stewards.

Quite. OP seems to be questioning their motives, though. Their motives are irrelevant and nobody's business but their own. It's pretty holier-than-thou to criticise people for leaving early. That's all I'm saying.

The manner of their departure - no question it should be timely and they should simply leave. Completely agree with that.

Sep 25, 2010
Green90":b3huo19r said:
GreenThing":b3huo19r said:
Green90":b3huo19r said:

Quite. OP seems to be questioning their motives, though. Their motives are irrelevant and nobody's business but their own. It's pretty holier-than-thou to criticise people for leaving early. That's all I'm saying.

The manner of their departure - no question it should be timely and they should simply leave. Completely agree with .

This is the point, the majority don't leave in an orderly fashion, they just hang around

Sep 18, 2014
I have to leave early because my wife is disabled and unable to care for herself,we have no children or dependants to look after her whilst I take ‘Time out’.
I’m a 24 hour carer,also I work full time and only get one Saturday off every 3 weeks and because I travel from Penzance and getting people to care for my oh that means I only get to watch maybe one Home Game in every 6,maybe one in 9.
I’d like to apologise to everyone who feels that because I only turn up to one in 6 six games,maybe one in nine,that I might be :-
A) a hanger on
B) a glory seeker
I’m neither,I’m just someone with other commitments,so I’m sorry if my presence offended you,but I left approximately 2 minutes before the final whistle.
As an aside,I hope none of the judgemental ‘you left early’ or ‘ you’re a glory coat hanger ‘ ever have to go through what my myself,or my wife has to go through.
I’ve supported Argyle for 40 years and will continue to do so,until my dying breath,or until I cannot attend because my wife’s breathing her last.
Once she does,I’ll be back,when I can.
Again,that’ll be due to work and circumstance.No one will ever tell me I can’t leave early,or am not allowed to go to Home park,that’s my choice,not yours.

Jul 27, 2011
St Austell
Cornishman301":34ihbxos said:
I have to leave early because my wife is disabled and unable to care for herself,we have no children or dependants to look after her whilst I take ‘Time out’.
I’m a 24 hour carer,also I work full time and only get one Saturday off every 3 weeks and because I travel from Penzance and getting people to care for my oh that means I only get to watch maybe one Home Game in every 6,maybe one in 9.
I’d like to apologise to everyone who feels that because I only turn up to one in 6 six games,maybe one in nine,that I might be :-
A) a hanger on
B) a glory seeker
I’m neither,I’m just someone with other commitments,so I’m sorry if my presence offended you,but I left approximately 2 minutes before the final whistle.
As an aside,I hope none of the judgemental ‘you left early’ or ‘ you’re a glory coat hanger ‘ ever have to go through what my myself,or my wife has to go through.
I’ve supported Argyle for 40 years and will continue to do so,until my dying breath,or until I cannot attend because my wife’s breathing her last.
Again,that’ll be due to work and circumstance.No one will ever tell me I can’t leave early,or am not allowed to go to Home park,that’s my choice,not yours.

Excellent post. Really does put things into perspective. Good on you Cornishman! :clap:

Sep 25, 2010
Cornishman301":6dvkn8sk said:
A) a hanger on
B) a glory seeker

Good for you, but it is the people who walk slowly down the stairs 10 mins from the end.
I assume you and your wife, are situated near the the front.

Jul 29, 2010
Martyn":39g16y7u said:
Cornishman301":39g16y7u said:
A) a hanger on
B) a glory seeker

Good for you, but it is the people who walk slowly down the stairs 10 mins from the end.
I assume you and your wife, are situated near the the front.

One can assume you haven't read the post properly :)

Sep 18, 2014
No,my wife hates football and was at home.But I had to get back to her and the 17.26 train is the best for myself to catch.Im not the fastest walker in the world so I have to allow enough time for me to get there.
I can understand your frustration at the early leavers,It can disrupt the end of the game for sure,but for some of us it’s a necessity.
I was was in the Mayflower West,I always attempt to get as close to an end of row seat as possible because I know how annoying the constant getting up and down for people is.

N

newquaygreen

Anybody vacating their seat early must be made to leave the ground by the stewards, not be allowed to linger in front of others at the bottom or in the causeway which incidentally should be kept clear at all times. :scarf:

Oct 31, 2015
newquaygreen":10g43j07 said:
Anybody vacating their seat early must be made to leave the ground by the stewards, not be allowed to linger in front of others at the bottom or in the causeway which incidentally should be kept clear at all times. :scarf:

This all day long. If you have had enough stand up and go. If you need to leave to catch public transport just go. Dont stand on the steps or down the front watching the game.