Leaving early | Page 10 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Leaving early

P

Patrick Cussen

Andy Holland":26y7rhc0 said:
Patrick Cussen":26y7rhc0 said:
What a load of grumpy and intolerant people on this site!

Although I don't leave games early I've regularly observed the Target buses departing on exiting the ground. If like me you sit at the top of the Lyndhurst/Spion and you have a need for the toilet on your way out God help you! I dare say some fans may have missed these buses. Furthermore, some of my friends travel a long distance and have a train to catch and tend to leave a little early for that reason. There can be many good reasons for some needing to leave their seats early. It's great if like me you can stay to the end but please exercise some understanding of others' needs.

PS May I suggest that the Target buses depart a little late?

Is anyone saying you can't leave when you like, or are people saying don't ruin other peoples' experiences when you do? :doh:

Both! - The original poster, to name one, is clearly most put out by the very idea of people leaving early, and furthermore refuses to comprehend why anyone might need to leave early! I do fully agree that on leaving care should be taken to minimise disturbance to others.

Dec 3, 2005
Andy Holland":a3fkkpha said:
Not if they were making people actually leave the through exits and not block them like they currently do :thumbup:

No exaggeration, it takes over ten minutes to get from my seat to the bottom of the steps - due to people traversing the entire length of the pitch to leave at the Devonport End. To those people, a message - stop being such selfish a*seholes and leave the bloody ground.

Shouldn't this be part of the Stewards remit - to 'encourage' people to leave the ground via their NEAREST exit.

After all it must come down to crowd saftey.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
djg145":2zdwg1lq said:
Andy Holland":2zdwg1lq said:
Not if they were making people actually leave the through exits and not block them like they currently do :thumbup:

No exaggeration, it takes over ten minutes to get from my seat to the bottom of the steps - due to people traversing the entire length of the pitch to leave at the Devonport End. To those people, a message - stop being such selfish a*seholes and leave the bloody ground.

Shouldn't this be part of the Stewards remit - to 'encourage' people to leave the ground via their NEAREST exit.

In an emergency I'm sure they would but at the end of the game there isn't the same urgency to vacate areas as quickly.

Dec 3, 2005
Lundan Cabbie":vzxi8rmg said:
djg145":vzxi8rmg said:
Andy Holland":vzxi8rmg said:

In an emergency I'm sure they would but at the end of the game there isn't the same urgency to vacate areas as quickly.

Still good practice to do it though - get people and the Stewards used to it - use it as an exercise.

Feb 25, 2008
Crownhill
djg145":1e53u1y0 said:
Andy Holland":1e53u1y0 said:

Exactly. Each exit route from the blocks is of a width designed to allow a certain number of people to exit the stadium quickly and safely. If people decide to walk past their nearest exit and go on to another a bottleneck will occurr and safe exit from the stadium could be compromised.ŕ