Leaving early | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Leaving early

Oct 16, 2016
When the board goes up that’s normally my marker for getting off, I’m a few rows down from the top of block 10. I don’t go out of my way to p*** people off so I always try to get down the gangway sharpish BUT it’s almost impossible because there are a good number including some elderly chaps that do likewise. There’s a fella halfway down that ALWAYS swears at us and makes the same remarks ‘is there a fire’ etc etc, if we stoped leaving he’d be furious because he’s a monumental t*t t*t gets off on dripping. So what I do now is slow down right in front of him purposely. Now that’s horrid I’m sure you think BUT he sits on the very end, why? So that he can get away sharpish. This season I also doffed the peak of his baseball cap, which I thoroughly enjoyed, he was incandescent with rage.

If I want to leave sharpish I will, yes I will always try my utmost not to spoil anyone’s enjoyment, but be abusive and try to be clever and I will go out of my working way to ensure you regret it

Be nice, it always works

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Shankster":8ludvn4i said:
When the board goes up that’s normally my marker for getting off, I’m a few rows down from the top of block 10. I don’t go out of my way to p*** people off so I always try to get down the gangway sharpish BUT it’s almost impossible because there are a good number including some elderly chaps that do likewise. There’s a fella halfway down that ALWAYS swears at us and makes the same remarks ‘is there a fire’ etc etc, if we stoped leaving he’d be furious because he’s a monumental t*t t*t gets off on dripping. So what I do now is slow down right in front of him purposely. Now that’s horrid I’m sure you think BUT he sits on the very end, why? So that he can get away sharpish. This season I also doffed the peak of his baseball cap, which I thoroughly enjoyed, he was incandescent with rage.

If I want to leave sharpish I will, yes I will always try my utmost not to spoil anyone’s enjoyment, but be abusive and try to be clear and I will go out of my way to ensure you regret it

Be nice, it always works
Do you sit with PAFC94? :)

Jan 22, 2016
Leave early if you want, but please at least wait for the ball to go out of play. You shouldn't obscure anyone then. If you're at the cricket you're made to wait for the end of an over.

Jul 11, 2006
tiverton
pepilgrim":5z0dm9ig said:
plymouthboyuk":5z0dm9ig said:
You will notice the fans leaving early, are mostly sat at the back of the stand in the Lyndhurst. They watch the end of the match from the concourse or bottom seats. If you wait until the final whistle, it can take 10 to 15 minutes to just get down the steps. If ever there was an emergency, God knows what would happen.
I sit near the top of the Lyndy and agree the exit times are too long and those who smirk at catching a bus must realise for some of us ,missing the bus could be inconvenient to the point of dangerous wandering around in the mix of cars and pedestrians,with no back-up plan. For this reason I almost decided not to attend Wimbledon match but pleased that I took a chance on the leaving battle and will have to consider each game as it comes. I hope the club can offer a solution.

Where my ice hockey team plays in the breaks between periods it can easily take 5 minutes just to walk down one side of the rink. If there was ever a fire at the Fife Ice Arena when the Flyers playing then it is almost a certainty that lives would be lost. Was saying to my best mate earlier this month that I am amazed the Elite League allow games to be played at the FIA because if there was an emergency then it would quite simply be carnage there.

Sep 25, 2010
Jenko14":1h0yrzb3 said:
Leave early if you want, but please at least wait for the ball to go out of play. You shouldn't obscure anyone then. If you're at the cricket you're made to wait for the end of an over.

Or at tennis, when you have to wait until the end of the game

Mork

🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺
Oct 18, 2013
Forster NSW
Martyn":34zh4zxv said:
I know, this is an age old subject, but it is so annoying and frustrating, when people leave early, up to 10 mins before the end. They push pass you in the row, get in your view. Absolutely pains in the a**e.

I just do not get it, would you leave a play or a film 10 mins from the end.

Don't give me the usual crap about, avoiding the traffic, or got to catch a bus, just do not understand it.

Rant over
Unfortunately, people that travel a bit of a distance from Plymouth, find there’s no room in the main car park. This means parking in the streets somewhere, as it takes longer to get to your car, some people leave a little early to avoid congestion etc, as they have a longish journey ahead of them.
Don’t recall this ever happening as much when the car park was solely used for footy traffic on Saturdays.
You might not like this, but it is one of the reasons.

Sep 25, 2010
Mork":1star2zl said:
Martyn":1star2zl said:
I know, this is an age old subject, but it is so annoying and frustrating, when people leave early, up to 10 mins before the end. They push pass you in the row, get in your view. Absolutely pains in the a**e.

I just do not get it, would you leave a play or a film 10 mins from the end.

Don't give me the usual crap about, avoiding the traffic, or got to catch a bus, just do not understand it.

Rant over
Unfortunately, people that travel a bit of a distance from Plymouth, find there’s no room in the main car park. This means parking in the streets somewhere, as it takes longer to get to your car, some people leave a little early to avoid congestion etc, as they have a longish journey ahead of them.
Don’t recall this ever happening as much when the car park was solely used for footy traffic on Saturdays.
You might not like this, but it is one of the reasons.

I don't park in the main car park, and use the surrounding streets, and only leave at the final whistle, and never encountered much congestion,

Think this is just a myth, to leave early, about avoiding traffic.

Oct 21, 2015
Shankster":1xkx94sb said:

If I want to leave sharpish I will, yes I will always try my utmost not to spoil anyone’s enjoyment, but be abusive and try to be clever and I will go out of my working way to ensure you regret it

Be nice, it always works

Sorry Shankster but got to come back on this one ......you say that you leave your seat at the top of the stand early EVERY home game when the board goes up no matter what the score is, and although you "do your utmost not to spoil anyones enjoyment", you always end up waiting half way down the steps for others below you to start moving. So you probably end up standing in the same place obstructing the view of the same person sitting in his seat when the game could be on a knife edge, or just spoiling his enjoyment of seeing the game out. You wonder why he then has a pop at you because for the umpteenth time you are pi++ing him off. I can see you like to take the moral high ground on this BUT have you ever considered not antagonising him by selfishly standing in front of him every game?. I always think role reversal is interesting ....would you stay calm and polite if someone stood up in front of you regularly spoiling your view every game before you leave early.....so you making threats if he continues to complain is a bit rich! Sorry you take the brunt of this rant but i am also fed up with my enjoyment being spoilt by inconsiderate people standing in front of me 5 minutes before the end of every game. And no i do not wear a baseball hat .....

Dazzy3000

✅ Evergreen
Dec 3, 2008
Martyn":2e28d9b1 said:
But I can't understand why they leave early

I left 3 minutes early the other night to get back to the car quicker for the 120 mile drive back to Bristol. Can I still be a supporter? Please?

Oct 16, 2016
raffertymariner":tccgig4g said:
Shankster":tccgig4g said:

Be nice, it always works

Sorry Shankster but got to come back on this one ......you say that you leave your seat at the top of the stand early EVERY home game when the board goes up no matter what the score is, and although you "do your utmost not to spoil anyones enjoyment", you always end up waiting half way down the steps for others below you to start moving. So you probably end up standing in the same place obstructing the view of the same person sitting in his seat when the game could be on a knife edge, or just spoiling his enjoyment of seeing the game out. You wonder why he then has a pop at you because for the umpteenth time you are pi++ing him off. I can see you like to take the moral high ground on this BUT have you ever considered not antagonising him by selfishly standing in front of him every game?. I always think role reversal is interesting ....would you stay calm and polite if someone stood up in front of you regularly spoiling your view every game before you leave early.....so you making threats if he continues to complain is a bit rich! Sorry you take the brunt of this rant but i am also fed up with my enjoyment being spoilt by inconsiderate people standing in front of me 5 minutes before the end of every game. And no i do not wear a baseball hat .....
‘Generally’ should give you an indication that I don’t mean ‘always’, if the match is poised and there’s still something in it I obviously don’t leave. Generally if there’s nothing in it I’m off. I’ve left before half time at grounds around the country at premiership and league level if it’s s***e, my team didn’t come to see me when I was poor......
I’ll repeat, it isn’t a prison, if I want to leave I will do so BUT I will certainly do my level best not to spoil others enjoyment of the match. I’ve given the reasons I treat a certain individual as I do because in my opinion he deserves it.

Oct 16, 2016
Here’s a real beauty for you; I can’t sit down before the whistle blows, I’ve been going to matches for about 42 years, I’m a monumentally pathetic ritualistic OCD type, o cannot sit down before the whistle blows, I have quite a few matchday rituals. Recently I’ve sat in block 13 (three matches) for a change. Against Wimbledon some fella nearly lost his head because I wouldn’t sit before the whistle went, odd, what was he going to miss?

Ted

Dec 8, 2003
Nottingham
Left when the board went up for years. Why?

Because that 3 minutes made our 260 mile trip home about 30 minutes quicker.

Oct 16, 2016
I don’t like queues, I don’t like having to wait static at the top of the stairs while people tittle tattle, so I don’t do that unless I choose to do it. Not particularly fond of being told what to do it and when, we’re all different I suppose

Apr 4, 2015
Shankster":3klhpbue said:
I don’t like queues, I don’t like having to wait static at the top of the stairs while people tittle tattle, so I don’t do that unless I choose to do it. Not particularly fond of being told what to do it and when, we’re all different I suppose
who do you think you are....the god of football. just do one you boring t...

id like to see you be so brave in real life not just behind your keyboard you ignorant di..

Oct 16, 2016
freddie2greens":3oglyel8 said:
Shankster":3oglyel8 said:
who do you think you are....the god of football. just do one you boring t...

id like to see you be so brave in real life not just behind your keyboard you ignorant di..

Oooo a threat, I won’t hide kidda. Be careful