Leaving early | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Leaving early

Sep 6, 2006
Shankster":lr58no2d said:
Here’s a real beauty for you; I can’t sit down before the whistle blows, I’ve been going to matches for about 42 years, I’m a monumentally pathetic ritualistic OCD type, o cannot sit down before the whistle blows, I have quite a few matchday rituals. Recently I’ve sat in block 13 (three matches) for a change. Against Wimbledon some fella nearly lost his head because I wouldn’t sit before the whistle went, odd, what was he going to miss?

He probably preferred to watch the build up than your fat arse.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
Shankster":2zov8z4k said:
Here’s a real beauty for you; I can’t sit down before the whistle blows, I’ve been going to matches for about 42 years, I’m a monumentally pathetic ritualistic OCD type, o cannot sit down before the whistle blows, I have quite a few matchday rituals. Recently I’ve sat in block 13 (three matches) for a change. Against Wimbledon some fella nearly lost his head because I wouldn’t sit before the whistle went, odd, what was he going to miss?

Shankster, I'm confused. This is what you said less than a month ago.

Haha, I’ve been a season ticket holder for a good number of years. I first went to home park in 1976 when my dad was based here, there is an affinity and I put my money where my mouth is.

So, are you paying £2.50 a game to change seats or are you using a different seat not used by a season ticket holder?

Oct 16, 2016
davie nine":38mcog7a said:
Shankster":38mcog7a said:

Haha, I’ve been a season ticket holder for a good number of years. I first went to home park in 1976 when my dad was based here, there is an affinity and I put my money where my mouth is.

So, are you paying £2.50 a game to change seats or are you using a different seat not used by a season ticket holder?
Nope I moved to an empty seat (vacated by a friend who can’t attend at present)

Apr 4, 2015
Shankster":q072cl58 said:
davie nine":q072cl58 said:
Shankster":q072cl58 said:

Nope I moved to an empty seat (vacated by a friend who can’t attend at present)

or your a liar.....hmmmmm I wonder

Nov 4, 2012
Don't understand why anyone would leave early. I'd rather my journey home be delayed by 2 hours than miss the end of a game.

Jul 29, 2010
Martyn":7yaaqvw9 said:
But I can't understand why they leave early
Ahem. Some of us can't understand why some folk do not support the Checkajoke boycott, some of us can't understand why some folk love the EU :whistle:

I guess folk have different priorities, different levels of selfishness. Thus yours is not to reason why, but to politely respect and tolerate the lawful actions of others.

#justsayin' :wink:

Jul 29, 2010
PAFC94":1d3olvxm said:
Don't understand why anyone would leave early. I'd rather my journey home be delayed by 2 hours than miss the end of a game.
This, never have, never will.

It's precisely BECAUSE it's a 4-5 hour drive down and then home that you HAVE to stay and see the whole game. To not do so defeats the purpose of all that time and petrol, you put the effort in because you went to see the game.

But I've never got bent out of shape standing up for three seconds to let someone pass in front. Everyone is different so why waste your life figuring out their motivations. If it's a big problem for someone I would venture to suggest it speaks more about their issues than the person walking through.

May 22, 2006
Depends where you live. If Plymouth was in the middle of London then there'd be no excuse, getting home is a matter of hopping on the tube.

Unfortunately Devon and Cornwall is....a different proposition. There might be one rickety old bus going to your village, only one specific train connecting with the bus....miss one and you're screwed. If public transport in the SW wasn't so deficient then we could afford to be a bit more harsh. All I would say is what others have said - if you're going to leave, get your fat ass out of my line of sight.

Sep 25, 2010
dazzy3000":3alfs2jj said:
Martyn":3alfs2jj said:
But I can't understand why they leave early

I left 3 minutes early the other night to get back to the car quicker for the 120 mile drive back to Bristol. Can I still be a supporter? Please?

So what good is it to leave 3 mins early, very strange

Keepitgreen

🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
I'm not aware of anyone leaving early from the Tribute Lounge today. :scarf:

justanotherfan

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
X Isle":1x7g1zaz said:
PAFC94":1x7g1zaz said:
This, never have, never will.

It's precisely BECAUSE it's a 4-5 hour drive down and then home that you HAVE to stay and see the whole game. To not do so defeats the purpose of all that time and petrol, you put the effort in because you went to see the game.

But I've never got bent out of shape standing up for three seconds to let someone pass in front. Everyone is different so why waste your life figuring out their motivations. If it's a big problem for someone I would venture to suggest it speaks more about their issues than the person walking through.

This, a mature, tolerant view, we all have different circumstances and priorities.

Dec 3, 2005
NO problem with people leaving early - so long as they leave.

The problem occurs when they hang about at the top of the steps to watch an attack develope - stopping those who are staying from seeing the action.

Basicly if you have to go then go.

Some people have trains to catch or get to work or whatever - no problem - just dont hang about.