Joe Mason (14 Feb - not coming) | Page 6 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Joe Mason (14 Feb - not coming)

Voice of Reason

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 30, 2004
I remember clearly knowing when this boy was too good for us (he may not be now) - away at Bramhall Lane in a game we lost 4-3.

He came on as a half time sub (i think Bolasie did too - Jamie Mackie played as well) and my god we suddenly clicked. He was marked by their big lump Morgan, he had rather enjoyed marking Rory Fallon. Suddenly he was having to mark this waif of a lad, trouble was everytime he went to get near him, Mason had moved into a pocket of space. His impact on the game was probably slightly above average, but his movement and awareness was greater than those he was playing with and those who were trying to mark him. He reminded of Nigel Clough to a degree.

He doesn't have many of the modern day attributes of great pace, size or strength, but he has a footballers brain, surround him with the likes of GC and Ruben and i'm sure he would be an asset.

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
I really don’t think he’ll play much if he goes to Charlton..

Nov 22, 2006
Would love to see him comeback but as has been stated money talks expect to see him with a Charlton scarf soon

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Sounds horrible but it’ll probably come down to what’s important to him. Game time or money. I’d imagine Charlton are likely to offer close to double what we are able to give him.

Feb 2, 2007
Tugboat":y58l69h1 said:
Sounds horrible but it’ll probably come down to what’s important to him. Game time or money. I’d imagine Charlton are likely to offer close to double what we are able to give him.

It might be how much does he want to be in South West too- it is lovely down here but not necessarily for 27 year olds. I understand he owns property in Plymouth but that could be for the future or just an investment.

Ultimately it's a short career and he needs to cash in while he can, and the lad should be aiming for clubs at least vying seriously for the Championship.

Is that Argyle? :think:

Sep 28, 2003
London
Tugboat":1zj77qb4 said:

If Charlton are offering double what we are he'd be a fool to turn it down.

We aren't talking about some millionaire player who has already been played a fortune demanding £350k a week. Joe Mason will be a wealthy 27 year old, but one with 6/7 years left in his profession who needs to make sure he's ok once retired.

If we've got a chance of signing him it'll be because we've made a competitive offer - maybe not quite on a par with Charlton, but good enough to make him consider coming back as an option.

Putting this out on our Twitter would suggest to me that the offer made was worthy of consideration, which is a good sign. He'd be a fantastic signing - as a striker, or as a deeper (dare I say it) Carey replacement.

Aug 23, 2009
Southway
nick_PASTIE":1szcvji8 said:
Tugboat":1szcvji8 said:

It might be how much does he want to be in South West too- it is lovely down here but not necessarily for 27 year olds. I understand he owns property in Plymouth but that could be for the future or just an investment.

Ultimately it's a short career and he needs to cash in while he can, and the lad should be aiming for clubs at least vying seriously for the Championship.

Is that Argyle? :think:

I think it can be.

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
We’ll be challenging for play offs next season I know it..

Joe if you’re reading.. here are the pro’s

- you’ll be playing every week
- you could easily be a local hero if you can help us get to the championship
- close to family
- you’ll be part of something huge starting at Argyle with the ground changes, we’ll be getting bigger crowds than Charlton next year for sure with the new grandstand.
- you will fit in perfectly with our system and players like Carey, Lameiras, Ladapo and Sarcevic will be on your wavelength and bring the best out in you.
- Derek Adams has wanted you for a while and will want to play you which you can’t necessarily say about other managers
- Get to work under Derek Adams who is a very good young manager.
- Plymouth is a great place.

May 8, 2011
I’m sure there will be a warm welcome for him in The Cherry Tree, it used to have lots of his photos, shirts on the walls.

Lancastergreen

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Jan 12, 2017
Plymouth
The nuts and bolts of this is whether anyone has seen him at the life centre, after all that's where all decisions are made isn't it?