Joe Mason (14 Feb - not coming) | Page 7 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Joe Mason (14 Feb - not coming)

Jul 19, 2006
Yorkshire
Quizmike":2o1gt8l6 said:
According to social media he's also being linked with Bolton on the back of this article

PHIL Parkinson has not completely ruled out trawling the free agent market in the coming weeks to bolster his attack.

https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/1 ... ef=mr&lp=1

We can't compete with Bolton they will offer him a million pound a week and when he's signed the contract pay him naff all !
Think it may also depend if he's married up the line now as a wife or girlfriend could be settled in the midlands and may sway a deal for a northern club
If he's still single then can't see why he won't consider us

The Doctor

✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
It's Friday tomorrow. Surely it's a done deal. The ancient prophecy is going to come to pass...
(well, the month old rumour on the Rumours & Conjecture board at least)

Sep 16, 2010
Plymouth
I once left Plymouth to live in Wolverhampton. Trust me.....he'll be raring to come back if it's not too much a financial sacrifice!

Nov 22, 2006
Other way at looking at this is Argyles offer is a token offer and Adams is making sure there is no " why didn't you make an offer for mason" questions over and over when he signs for someone else

Sep 19, 2015
Very unusual for Adams to comment on any potential signings prior to completion. Lets hope that the board has backed Adams optimism with a competitive deal and that this is not all just a publicity stunt to look like we "tried" to bring Mason to the club

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
The Doctor":fm7tn2yc said:
It's Friday tomorrow. Surely it's a done deal. The ancient prophecy is going to come to pass...
(well, the month old rumour on the Rumours & Conjecture board at least)

is it Friday yet? :think:
Is he here yet? :think:
Pass the popcorn Doc, I'm settling down for a vigil. :scarf:

May 16, 2016
Green Giant":o04gtwnq said:
Other way at looking at this is Argyles offer is a token offer and Adams is making sure there is no " why didn't you make an offer for mason" questions over and over when he signs for someone else

Then there'll be the 'why cant / wont Argyle pay more' etc etc etc ramblings.

No winners in this one it seems.

Nov 18, 2011
Let me dream for a moment that Joe comes back. I see him most as a forward who works best in a partnership, a bit like Beardsley or Sheringham (Obviously not on the same level!)
A partnership with him and Taylor could be fantastic as Mason could exploit the space that Taylor would create.

Jul 6, 2011
Joe Totale":1uqlu9yh said:
Let me dream for a moment that Joe comes back. I see him most as a forward who works best in a partnership, a bit like Beardsley or Sheringham (Obviously not on the same level!)
A partnership with him and Taylor could be fantastic as Mason could exploit the space that Taylor would create.

You're forgetting our goal machine Freddie who incidentally has scored one goal in about 10 games.....

Nov 9, 2008
Andy Holland":77b7j7uf said:
Tugboat":77b7j7uf said:
Sounds horrible but it’ll probably come down to what’s important to him. Game time or money. I’d imagine Charlton are likely to offer close to double what we are able to give him.

If Charlton are offering double what we are he'd be a fool to turn it down.

We aren't talking about some millionaire player who has already been played a fortune demanding £350k a week. Joe Mason will be a wealthy 27 year old, but one with 6/7 years left in his profession who needs to make sure he's ok once retired.

If we've got a chance of signing him it'll be because we've made a competitive offer - maybe not quite on a par with Charlton, but good enough to make him consider coming back as an option.

Putting this out on our Twitter would suggest to me that the offer made was worthy of consideration, which is a good sign. He'd be a fantastic signing - as a striker, or as a deeper (dare I say it) Carey replacement.

I’m pretty sure he is a millionaire

Apr 30, 2011
TPG Extreme":ynunmitq said:
Andy Holland":ynunmitq said:
Tugboat":ynunmitq said:
Sounds horrible but it’ll probably come down to what’s important to him. Game time or money. I’d imagine Charlton are likely to offer close to double what we are able to give him.

We aren't talking about some millionaire player who has already been played a fortune demanding £350k a week. Joe Mason will be a wealthy 27 year old, but one with 6/7 years left in his profession who needs to make sure he's ok once retired.

If we've got a chance of signing him it'll be because we've made a competitive offer - maybe not quite on a par with Charlton, but good enough to make him consider coming back as an option.

Putting this out on our Twitter would suggest to me that the offer made was worthy of consideration, which is a good sign. He'd be a fantastic signing - as a striker, or as a deeper (dare I say it) Carey replacement.

If he isn't millionaire, he has been terribly managed by his agent.

Oct 5, 2003
Devon
TPG Extreme":2ddy390i said:
Andy Holland":2ddy390i said:
Tugboat":2ddy390i said:

What is the origin of the idea that a person should expect to be able to retire in his mid-thirties just because he happens to be a football player. If the earnings don't cover retirement then there is ample time to get alternative work/employment. I don't see why some people seem to think that footballers stop playing and instantly become unemployable except as coaches or managers.