Joe Mason (14 Feb - not coming) | Page 34 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Joe Mason (14 Feb - not coming)

C

chrislaz

JannerinCardiff said:
Anyone know where he’s ended up after declining our offer of a contract?

Was just wondering the same thing. Odd that he turned our offer down without seemingly having something else lined up. Would've thought coming to Argyle until the end of the season (albeit on lower wages than he'd expect) was better than nothing. Anyway, we've moved on now..!

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Not many players who have hardly played for nearly a year would turn down the chance of returning to their hometown club to get fit and play a few games in favour of sitting around doing nothing for another month and maybe longer.

Unless he has a bad injury you'd think he would play for free for any club for a few months just to play in matches and set himself up for next season.
What a waste of the last few years for Mason.

Apr 29, 2016
This whole saga seems pretty strange to me. Still haven’t seen that Joe’s gone anywhere. I just wonder if he’s failing medicals.

Oct 24, 2013
Just imagine for a sec you are say, a quantity surveyor or something. You are given a four year contract by a firm to do a job. After eighteen months or so or that contract you’re a bit frustrated as you aren’t as involved as you’d want to be, so the firm shifts you out on a few other bits and bobs, you even get a nice bit of work in the States off of it. But after another year or so give and take it’s clear to all parties you aren’t going to be anywhere near as involved as you want and the firm needs you to be. So they offer you a settlement, pay you off and let you go.

Under these circumstances, would you immediately tout yourself around for more work, knowing that financially and otherwise you didn’t really need it? Or would you take some time out, have a nice holiday, recharge your batteries and spend some quality time with those around you without the pressure of performance appraisals, financial burdens and the daily grind?

Leave the guy alone. His life, his choices. He shouldn’t be judged based on inaction when he has been judged by everyone around him since he was like 9 years old.

Jul 29, 2006
Bridgend
lyndhurst green":1078mce4 said:
Just imagine for a sec you are say, a quantity surveyor or something. You are given a four year contract by a firm to do a job. After eighteen months or so or that contract you’re a bit frustrated as you aren’t as involved as you’d want to be, so the firm shifts you out on a few other bits and bobs, you even get a nice bit of work in the States off of it. But after another year or so give and take it’s clear to all parties you aren’t going to be anywhere near as involved as you want and the firm needs you to be. So they offer you a settlement, pay you off and let you go.

Under these circumstances, would you immediately tout yourself around for more work, knowing that financially and otherwise you didn’t really need it? Or would you take some time out, have a nice holiday, recharge your batteries and spend some quality time with those around you without the pressure of performance appraisals, financial burdens and the daily grind?

Leave the guy alone. His life, his choices. He shouldn’t be judged based on inaction when he has been judged by everyone around him since he was like 9 years old.

Good point but how often are we told that football is a short career, he's maybe only got 7/8 years left and then he's done where as a quantity surveyor can work into their 60's.

Apr 29, 2016
I for one am certainly not trying to give him a hard time. Just pretty confused what is happening with him. Over the last four years he’s only likely to have played an average of around 13 games per season. Hardly a case of needing a break from a busy work schedule. If he wants to get back playing at a “highish” level I would have thought that too long a break would be hugely challenging for him.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Still without a club.

I wonder what his motives are?

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
Tugboat":r9e9kzax said:
Still without a club.

I wonder what his motives are?
hopefully recover from any niggling injury and realise in the summer that money isn't everything and make himself available to argyle.have to prove his fitness though!