January Transfer Rumours & L1 signings | Page 17 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

January Transfer Rumours & L1 signings

Oct 20, 2015
I'd have Remi back in a heartbeat, but I suspect Norridge won't let him go - yes they have #1 and #2 keeper positions filled but remember what happened to us last season in terms of goalkeepers? You really can't have too many, especially if you're a reasonably well-to-do Championship side.

Meanwhile, Letheren seems to be winning over lots of fans, so maybe not the worst outcome?

Sep 2, 2008
Mark Pedlar":1suc5cti said:
JannerinCardiff":1suc5cti said:
Mark Pedlar":1suc5cti said:
JannerinCardiff":1suc5cti said:
I think we could afford the nominal fee Norwich would expect, but could we afford the wages that Remi would want?

...and if we were looking for a goalkeeper why push the boat out for Matthews when a better alternative may be available?

Who is this better alternative?

Like you. I don't know, I don't scout the football league like I hope we would. Roos would be one.

People are latching on to Matthews because he's an ex-player I can't forget the mad rushes out of his area.

I agree. From what I've seen, I'm not sure Remi is an improvement on Letheren.

Sep 2, 2008
slingsby_pobble":pl5pgvs2 said:
I'd have Remi back in a heartbeat, but I suspect Norridge won't let him go - yes they have #1 and #2 keeper positions filled but remember what happened to us last season in terms of goalkeepers? You really can't have too many, especially if you're a reasonably well-to-do Championship side.

Meanwhile, Letheren seems to be winning over lots of fans, so maybe not the worst outcome?

I am one of those. Adams always goes on about people taking their chances when they come and from what I've seen so far, including the time before his injury, Letheren has certainly done that. He has presence, organises his defence, is agile, can kick and is built like a brick s@*thouse which means people bounce off him when he comes for a ball thats played into the box. I like what he brings to the team, certainly more so than what Macey and Remi bring.

Frank Butcher

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Oct 9, 2003
Gairloch
slingsby_pobble":1idhhm8k said:

They have a third choice keeper as well.

Aug 5, 2005
It's possible we don't want to sign a permanent keeper. We might be looking at loan keepers until Cooper is ready for the first team

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Pottypilgrim":1uwjo06z said:
Mark Pedlar":1uwjo06z said:
JannerinCardiff":1uwjo06z said:
Mark Pedlar":1uwjo06z said:
JannerinCardiff":1uwjo06z said:
I think we could afford the nominal fee Norwich would expect, but could we afford the wages that Remi would want?

...and if we were looking for a goalkeeper why push the boat out for Matthews when a better alternative may be available?

Like you. I don't know, I don't scout the football league like I hope we would. Roos would be one.

People are latching on to Matthews because he's an ex-player I can't forget the mad rushes out of his area.

Entitled to your opinion, but personally I think Remi Matthews is clearly a better goalkeeper than Letheren.

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Quizmike":3agj54ba said:
It's possible we don't want to sign a permanent keeper. We might be looking at loan keepers until Cooper is ready for the first team

Unless we think Cooper is ready to be number 1 by next season, I think we need a quality permanent keeper.

May 16, 2016
JannerinCardiff":1027kkta said:
Quizmike":1027kkta said:

Unless we think Cooper is ready to be number 1 by next season, I think we need a quality permanent keeper.

Next Goalie to be a Keeper ?

Nov 30, 2010
Plympton
JannerinCardiff":25h6qltf said:
Pottypilgrim":25h6qltf said:
Mark Pedlar":25h6qltf said:
Mark Pedlar":25h6qltf said:

Entitled to your opinion, but personally I think Remi Matthews is clearly a better goalkeeper than Letheren.

I agree. In fact I would go as far to say that Letheren is really really poor and massively over weight even for a keeper. He has bugger all to do in the games he has played in and all of a sudden he is magic ????
Wait until his first mistake ( it wont be long ) and everyone will be calling for him to be dropped as well

Jun 1, 2015
Pett, East Sussex
Overweight? LOL You are hilarious. Do you really think that DA would allow a player to be overweight in the matchday squad?
No.
Letheren is a back up keeper and a very able one at that. What he does have is a loud voice and at the moment that's important.

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
Can we really afford a stand in, who has done nothing in a fairly lengthy career, to prove he is a decent league 2 keeper, never mind league 1 keeper to between the posts for half a season? I really think we need to improve the goalkeeping situation this month.

jerryatricjanner":1zyolta2 said:
Can we really afford a stand in, who has done nothing in a fairly lengthy career, to prove he is a decent league 2 keeper, never mind league 1 keeper to between the posts for half a season? I really think we need to improve the goalkeeping situation this month.

Yup, with you on that. He is just a decent back up at this level.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Pettgreen":3lcncbha said:
Overweight? LOL You are hilarious. Do you really think that DA would allow a player to be overweight in the matchday squad?
No.
Letheren is a back up keeper and a very able one at that. What he does have is a loud voice and at the moment that's important.

Yes I remember Crudgy (for us) and Neville Southall (Wales and Everton) being two pretty useless 'bigboned' keepers!! :lol:
It is sometimes difficult to judge an outfield player by just watching him walk/run but, fora keeper, judging by 'build' alone is not a good criteria!! :lol:

Sep 2, 2008
I'd heard that he was actually very much into body building so I'm not sure it's fat that accounts for his bulk.