January Transfer Rumours & L1 signings | Page 15 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

January Transfer Rumours & L1 signings

Apr 15, 2008
London
IJN":3l7avgyz said:
davie nine":3l7avgyz said:
I thought that was an odd comment too. I would have thought they were among the lower earners in the squad.
I did read on here that Wylde had a £60k Range Rover.

Come on peeps , we can do better than this! :doh:

Yeah, that is a particular nadir. :roll:

Voice of Reason

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 30, 2004
Well the more i read about the basket case that is Bolton, the more i think Remi back is worth looking into. I thought the way they treated Battle was a disgrace, but it appears that was just the tip of the iceberg, check out FGR's comments regarding Christian Doidge, any player who has been any form of talks with Bolton must be so broken, that a Div 1 relegation scrap will seem like paradise.

pafcprogs

🌟 Pasoti Laureate 🌟
Apr 3, 2008
Westerham Kent
According to a Scottish Sun report ( I know paper talk but they seem well informed) Remi is on 6K a week....and the wages for both he and Wildschut also on loan at Wanderers in a six figure sum in arrears

Can't see us landing him on anything other than a loan on that basis and I feel if we did that would be dependent on Arsenal taking Macey home.

Bolton sounds a complete basket case....owner his wife and son all apparently on the payroll....

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
We managed to get O’Keefe to Plymouth on his 11k Cardiff wages, why not Remi Matthews?

Mar 15, 2007
Plymouth
JannerinCardiff":3do9jtzw said:
We managed to get O’Keefe to Plymouth on his 11k Cardiff wages, why not Remi Matthews?

Because Cardiff subsidised the large part of them. There is no guarantee Norwich would do the same.

JannerinCardiff

♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
I’m sure they would or else how did we get him the first time..?

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
pafcprogs":qv3tjttf said:
According to a Scottish Sun report ( I know paper talk but they seem well informed) Remi is on 6K a week....and the wages for both he and Wildschut also on loan at Wanderers in a six figure sum in arrears

Can't see us landing him on anything other than a loan on that basis and I feel if we did that would be dependent on Arsenal taking Macey home.

Bolton sounds a complete basket case....owner his wife and son all apparently on the payroll....

They are a basket case alright. They took that good striker From Forse Green on loan at the beginning of the season with an understanding he would be purchased in the transfer window. They cannot afford to buy him and owe him over 2 month's wages. Forest Green have paid him. Bolton's Chairman was a previously struck off company director for 8 years. He paid £1 to purchase the club, that is assets and liabilities, but paid himself over £500k in the first year of ownership as 'consultancy fees'
How the FL permitted the change of ownership, I have no idea. It gives the governance of football a bad name.

Sep 19, 2015
Be interesting to see what Forest Green and Christian Doidge end up doing in the next three weeks or so. I assume that interest will be high as the guy is a decent player but maybe a cheeky loan offer wouldn't go a miss!

pafcprogs

🌟 Pasoti Laureate 🌟
Apr 3, 2008
Westerham Kent
PlymouthCasual":lrlodl05 said:
Be interesting to see what Forest Green and Christian Doidge end up doing in the next three weeks or so. I assume that interest will be high as the guy is a decent player but maybe a cheeky loan offer wouldn't go a miss!

he can't play for more than two clubs in a season so FGR is his only option

Mar 15, 2007
Plymouth
JannerinCardiff":3umosvu6 said:
I’m sure they would or else how did we get him the first time..?

Last year was a loan for development, this year was a loan to sell. I think they’d be less keen to subsidise a loan this time around and would prefer to sell elsewhere.

pafcprogs

🌟 Pasoti Laureate 🌟
Apr 3, 2008
Westerham Kent
His contract expires soon...so yes I reckon they want to cash in ( and thought they had!)

So if they loan him to anyone else they effectively lose him for nothing in the summer assuming the estimate of his contract length is accurate.

Andy S

Administrator
Staff member
🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
Quintrell_Green":1hhbvdkg said:
pafcprogs":1hhbvdkg said:

They are a basket case alright. They took that good striker From Forse Green on loan at the beginning of the season with an understanding he would be purchased in the transfer window. They cannot afford to buy him and owe him over 2 month's wages. Forest Green have paid him. Bolton's Chairman was a previously struck off company director for 8 years. He paid £1 to purchase the club, that is assets and liabilities, but paid himself over £500k in the first year of ownership as 'consultancy fees'
How the FL permitted the change of ownership, I have no idea. It gives the governance of football a bad name.

A salutory tale.

Let's be very, very careful what we wish for, when it comes to Chairmen of our Board of Directors and Directors!

JannerinCardiff

♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
pafcprogs":23vm1cba said:
His contract expires soon...so yes I reckon they want to cash in ( and thought they had!)

So if they loan him to anyone else they effectively lose him for nothing in the summer assuming the estimate of his contract length is accurate.

Bolton agreed a ‘nominal fee’ to buy Remi Matthews, can’t we do the same or would wages be the stumbling block? Remi must think he’s leaving Norwich in the summer anyway and may want to not delay the inevitable, but can we afford him. He’s worth being one of our top earners to be honest.