January Transfer Rumours & L1 signings | Page 18 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

January Transfer Rumours & L1 signings

Aug 10, 2006
makes you laugh it's the same old rubbish every window I went for him and him but just missed out and I have enough in the budget to bring in 2 more players, good to see he has been backed in the window by the brent mark 2.

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
Pogleswoody":1cltqyqf said:
Pettgreen":1cltqyqf said:
Overweight? LOL You are hilarious. Do you really think that DA would allow a player to be overweight in the matchday squad?
No.
Letheren is a back up keeper and a very able one at that. What he does have is a loud voice and at the moment that's important.

Yes I remember Crudgy (for us) and Neville Southall (Wales and Everton) being two pretty useless 'bigboned' keepers!! :lol:
It is sometimes difficult to judge an outfield player by just watching him walk/run but, fora keeper, judging by 'build' alone is not a good criteria!! :lol:

There was also that jovial big keeper who represented a non-league team in a F A Cup match, who took a bet on himself and was seen sitting on the sub's bench scoffing a pork pie. He was 18 stones of anybody's money

Dorset Green

✅ Evergreen
Feb 8, 2009
Bridport
Quintrell_Green":ngex14yr said:
Pogleswoody":ngex14yr said:
Pettgreen":ngex14yr said:
Overweight? LOL You are hilarious. Do you really think that DA would allow a player to be overweight in the matchday squad?
No.
Letheren is a back up keeper and a very able one at that. What he does have is a loud voice and at the moment that's important.

Yes I remember Crudgy (for us) and Neville Southall (Wales and Everton) being two pretty useless 'bigboned' keepers!! :lol:
It is sometimes difficult to judge an outfield player by just watching him walk/run but, fora keeper, judging by 'build' alone is not a good criteria!! :lol:

There was also that jovial big keeper who represented a non-league team in a F A Cup match, who took a bet on himself and was seen sitting on the sub's bench scoffing a pork pie. He was 18 stones of anybody's money

His name is Wayne Shaw and despite being over 20st at one point, he did notch-up over 20 years of non-league keeping.

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Princerock":2lnm9sun said:
Balham_Green":2lnm9sun said:
Helps if you want to 'bully' your area.

The opposition would be tripping over left over pie crusts in the penalty area.

What left overs? ;)

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Guiri Green":182wk5u9 said:
JannerinCardiff":182wk5u9 said:
Quizmike":182wk5u9 said:
It's possible we don't want to sign a permanent keeper. We might be looking at loan keepers until Cooper is ready for the first team

Unless we think Cooper is ready to be number 1 by next season, I think we need a quality permanent keeper.

Next Goalie to be a Keeper ?

Oh dear.. ;)

May 30, 2008
Camberley, Surrey
loyal1970":2d53xke0 said:
makes you laugh it's the same old rubbish every window I went for him and him but just missed out and I have enough in the budget to bring in 2 more players, good to see he has been backed in the window by the brent mark 2.

Standard

Did anyone really expect anything else?

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I must admit, when I saw his comments the other day, I did think that.

No doubt it’s very sensible but boy oh boy am I fed up with reading it.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
We are interested in Coleraine midfielder Darren McCauley, although Derry City are favourites to sign him.

Derry Journal

justanotherfan

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
"League one strugglers, Plymouth Argyle" and there you have it in a nutshell.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
justanotherfan":31sikr85 said:

However, Darren has made it clear that he wants to move elsewhere and wants to further his career with a new challenge.

Well that would be a move to the EFL wouldn't it? Unless he didn't mean what he said?

Cross-Channel??? that's garlic guzzlers ain't it? WTF? :think:

Aug 12, 2010
South Wales
Pogleswoody":24jna4cb said:
justanotherfan":24jna4cb said:

However, Darren has made it clear that he wants to move elsewhere and wants to further his career with a new challenge.:

I translate that as he doesnt want to come here and end up polishing the boots and being a bench warmer for the reserves.