January Transfer Rumours & L1 signings | Page 19 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

January Transfer Rumours & L1 signings

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
Could be agent talk to get his price up.

Jul 3, 2013
Nobby":2n38tqil said:
Today further highlighted the need for defensive reinforcements. We cant score three every week.

You could have had the best defence in the world and they would not have stopped the second goal, also the penalty we conceded should not dent the confidence of a defence who have been solid for the last two and half games.

Andy S

Administrator
Staff member
🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
Nobby":1tyqicmo said:
Today further highlighted the need for defensive reinforcements. We cant score three every week.

Oh for crying out loud!

Their first was a penalty - dubious at the very best, ball to hand - not hand to ball!

The second was a fluke! With the wind behind it and the keeper, rightly, off his line (the ball was all but in the opposition half) and the young lad took a punt!

Neither goal had the square root of bugger all to do with any defensive frailties!

Aug 5, 2016
It is possible to concede goals where no-one is at fault, where we don't have to change formation or bring in fresh faces to remedy the disaster.

That said we do need another CB in during this window in my opinion.

Oct 31, 2015
Nobby":3gj59ds2 said:

Disagree with that on yesterday's goals Nobby. No one could do anything about either in the outfield defensive unit. Saying that I would still like a vyner/Nelson esq CB back there for speed but I suppose you can't knock Eddy or Cans over the last 3 matches.

With Grant C returning and signing Oscar I think LB and RB are more or less sorted after that disaster of a start.

justanotherfan

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
Andy_S":3rjfom2d said:
Nobby":3rjfom2d said:

Oh for crying out loud!

Their first was a penalty - dubious at the very best, ball to hand - not hand to ball!

The second was a fluke! With the wind behind it and the keeper, rightly, off his line (the ball was all but in the opposition half) and the young lad took a punt!

Neither goal had the square root of bugger all to do with any defensive frailties!

This ^^^

Nov 30, 2010
Plympton
Andy_S":1vdt35dk said:
Nobby":1vdt35dk said:

Oh for crying out loud!

Not so much defensive frailties but certainly a need for a proper keeper. Letheren has to take full responsibility for the 2nd goal

Sep 6, 2006
samjones":1oy039k4 said:
Andy_S":1oy039k4 said:
Nobby":1oy039k4 said:

Oh for crying out loud!

Not so much defensive frailties but certainly a need for a proper keeper. Letheren has to take full responsibility for the 2nd goal

Sam on the synopsis thread you state our defendive frailties are there for all to see! Make up your mind.

Sep 2, 2008
Balham_Green":36tooorh said:
samjones":36tooorh said:
Andy_S":36tooorh said:
Nobby":36tooorh said:

Oh for crying out loud!

Sam on the synopsis thread you state our defendive frailties are there for all to see! Make up your mind.

The guy knows nothing. His real intention is to try and convince us all that Letheren shouldn't be starting. He's been waiting for Letheren to mess up so he can childishly say, 'I told you so'. The reality is that Letheren was just unlucky. Argyle keepers are obviously being told to stay as far upfield as they can so they are going to be susceptible to this sort of random shot. Macey is not a better all round keeper.

Sep 6, 2006
Letheren looks to have got back in time but then loses his bearings and misses the ball. A keeper beaten ftom the opposition half HAS to be responsible and he will know it.

Mar 16, 2009
London
Balham_Green":rnasyt2l said:
Letheren looks to have got back in time but then loses his bearings and misses the ball. A keeper beaten ftom the opposition half HAS to be responsible and he will know it.

Agreed.
All sorts of excuses being made for Kyle on here but it was calamitous goalkeeping.

Nov 30, 2010
Plympton
Justin":27gej6jf said:
Balham_Green":27gej6jf said:

Yep when you consider how long the ball was in the air he had plenty of time to back trackvsafely to the line but he was too slow .
The ball bounced before going in and he was not agile enough to turnaround and simply slumped into the back of his ow net.
It's another individual error which keepers simply can't afford.

Mackey would of definitely saved that shot.
I would even back myself to save it and I'm only 5'10"

Agreed.
All sorts of excuses being made for Kyle on here but it was calamitous goalkeeping.

Mar 5, 2012
Andy_S":34vzz4ro said:
Nobby":34vzz4ro said:

Oh for crying out loud!

Not only that but scoring goals has not really been the problem, 3 this week, 3 in the last game .....

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
themightykeithfear":t6w0hezv said:
Balham_Green":t6w0hezv said:

maybe so but hes a young lad and was his only mistake in the game, give him a break

I must admit that from the video clip, I thought he could have saved it. He back pedalled fast enough but seem to get his feet in a bit of tangle to make the actual save. I do not think there is need to practise regularly to cater for such freakish goal attempts though.