January Transfer Rumours & L1 signings | Page 16 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

January Transfer Rumours & L1 signings

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
JannerinCardiff":mh8oke9v said:
pafcprogs":mh8oke9v said:
His contract expires soon...so yes I reckon they want to cash in ( and thought they had!)

So if they loan him to anyone else they effectively lose him for nothing in the summer assuming the estimate of his contract length is accurate.

Bolton agreed a ‘nominal fee’ to buy Remi Matthews, can’t we do the same or would wages be the stumbling block? Remi must think he’s leaving Norwich in the summer anyway and may want to not delay the inevitable, but can we afford him. He’s worth being one of our top earners to be honest.

I feel given their form that Norwich will get promoted to The Premiership come the end of their season. Good as he is, I do not feel that Remi is quite the class for that League, and he might as well get himself fixed up with a club that really appreciates him as early as possible.

Frank Butcher

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Oct 9, 2003
Gairloch
Quintrell_Green":3dms185c said:
JannerinCardiff":3dms185c said:
pafcprogs":3dms185c said:
His contract expires soon...so yes I reckon they want to cash in ( and thought they had!)

So if they loan him to anyone else they effectively lose him for nothing in the summer assuming the estimate of his contract length is accurate.

Bolton agreed a ‘nominal fee’ to buy Remi Matthews, can’t we do the same or would wages be the stumbling block? Remi must think he’s leaving Norwich in the summer anyway and may want to not delay the inevitable, but can we afford him. He’s worth being one of our top earners to be honest.

I feel given their form that Norwich will get promoted to The Premiership come the end of their season. Good as he is, I do not feel that Remi is quite the class for that League, and he might as well get himself fixed up with a club that really appreciates him as early as possible.

Farke made his views public in August. Having given Matthews 4 friendly games he clearly decided Remi wasn't going to be his no.1 and felt it was right for him to seek other opportunities. They then signed Krul and have McGovern as back up so it's hard to see Remi breaking back in.

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
I think we could afford the nominal fee Norwich would expect, but could we afford the wages that Remi would want?

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
JannerinCardiff":1miefb9g said:
I think we could afford the nominal fee Norwich would expect, but could we afford the wages that Remi would want?

...and if we were looking for a goalkeeper why push the boat out for Matthews when a better alternative may be available?

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Next season we really need the first choice keeper to be ours and not another loan player. Due to various circumstances we've faffed around with loan keepers for the last two seasons.

Andy S

Administrator
Staff member
🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
JannerinCardiff":86opfzcw said:

It has been known for players to take a pay cut, if the right team came hunting! Wages can also be bolstered with bonuses.

Who's to say that that wouldn't be the case with Remi? He certainly enjoyed his time here.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I was told by someone that knows him that he'd love to come back here.

dunlop

🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 17, 2009
All teams need a good strong spine currently ours is like a jelly Remi would be an excellent start.

JannerinCardiff

♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Mark Pedlar":1ate49oj said:
JannerinCardiff":1ate49oj said:

...and if we were looking for a goalkeeper why push the boat out for Matthews when a better alternative may be available?

Who is this better alternative?

JannerinCardiff

♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
IJN":31o6ijuc said:
I was told by someone that knows him that he'd love to come back here.

Hope he does Ian..

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
JannerinCardiff":1cnowwfu said:
Mark Pedlar":1cnowwfu said:
JannerinCardiff":1cnowwfu said:

Who is this better alternative?

Like you. I don't know, I don't scout the football league like I hope we would. Roos would be one.

People are latching on to Matthews because he's an ex-player I can't forget the mad rushes out of his area.