Jake Jervis signs for Luton - confirmed | Page 22 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Jake Jervis signs for Luton - confirmed

NLG

✅ Evergreen
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jan 16, 2006
Good Luck Jake, thanks for the great memories, in full flow amazing to watch.

Given he would have gone in the summer, and is not a regular now, this is good business. Still v.sad to see him leave though.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Leon Horn":1i8hxo2o said:
Derek Adams has declared the sale of Jervis as "excellent business" for PAFC and said that the money may not necessarily be spent on the squad as "other areas of the club need improvement".

https://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/sport/ ... er-1149670

So strip back the wage bill and any money the club receive gets put into the ‘infrastructure’ pot.

Meanwhile we try and get by on a smaller weaker squad.

Sounds promising.

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
Tugboat":177obkpy said:
Leon Horn":177obkpy said:
Derek Adams has declared the sale of Jervis as "excellent business" for PAFC and said that the money may not necessarily be spent on the squad as "other areas of the club need improvement".

So strip back the wage bill and any money the club receive gets put into the ‘infrastructure’ pot.

Sounds promising.
You want better players to come to the club Tuggers don't you? Isn't it a factor that better training facilities, gym facilities, physio facilities, better dressing room facilities etc. etc. will be a factor in their decision making even if money will be a major factor?

Jul 3, 2006
Argyle promotion seasons are very rare so it's sad to see a player who played such a key part in one move on.

Interesting that the Luton manager talks about how much he thinks he can improve Jervis. Adams's high turnover of players has been successful for Argyle but doesn't suggest great faith in his own coaching ability.

Aug 24, 2014
Plymouth
jerryatricjanner":41flusr6 said:
Tugboat":41flusr6 said:
Leon Horn":41flusr6 said:

Sounds promising.
You want better players to come to the club Tuggers don't you? Isn't it a factor that better training facilities, gym facilities, physio facilities, better dressing room facilities etc. etc. will be a factor in their decision making even if money will be a major factor?

This is sadly very true. We are so behind in facilities. We don't have the money to do everything... It's worrying how we'll manage to keep up on the pitch whilst improving the facilities to a high standard too. Can we manage it?

Jul 10, 2013
Brixton 'ill Pilgrim":afxs93m7 said:
Argyle promotion seasons are very rare so it's sad to see a player who played such a key part in one move on.

Interesting that the Luton manager talks about how much he thinks he can improve Jervis. Adams's high turnover of players has been successful for Argyle but doesn't suggest great faith in his own coaching ability.

You've got to adapt to survive in football, no?

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Brixton 'ill Pilgrim":2lkaz28r said:
Interesting that the Luton manager talks about how much he thinks he can improve Jervis.

You don't think that comment was hewn out of the fact that the Welshman didn't get the nod over DA then?

I did.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
Clearly, Jake wanted to move on. He has served us well for 2 1/2 years and it has been mutually beneficial to both player and club. It has certainly stabilised his career after numerous temporary loans. He has the pace and has proved that he can score goals.

I wish him well and I am sure that we will show our respect if we find ourselves in the same league as Luton next season.

A

andyr1963

Sorry to see him go, Grandson No.1 thought he was great, never mind Cruyff or Henri Jake was the best No.14 ever :greensmile:

As a bonus for Jake, he is probably going to pick up a League 2 Champions medal :thumbs:

Good luck Jake and thanks. :scarf:

Aug 22, 2006
Well who are we to argue with Derek if he claims it's excellent business. Fair enough. Also judging from the article the move did not come as a surprise and it's not clear whether he was even on the look-out for a replacement. So Derek must has faith in the current crop of players (that's of course a very good thing in terms of morale and player confidence) and perhaps he didn't think that a realistic replacement could be found in time, and one that would be beneficial to the team. That's my theory and he appears to be a lot calmer than your average fan about this. That could however come back to haunt him IF we pick up injuries/suspensions. Just to be clear it wasn't a sudden/shock move so hopefully fingers crossed we do stay injury free. Long term he probably thinks if we can stay up and invest in the summer then it's a lot better than sorting out something for a player now and perhaps overpaying for his services. Obviously if we end up in a relegation battle then it's something not worth thinking about.

Apr 15, 2004
East Devon
Really sorry to see him go. Top bloke & much underrated IMO. I wish him well - although I can't stand Loo Town - they've got themselves an absolute bargain at that price.

E

Electronic

Sad to see him go but understandable, given the buy-out clause. Seems clear he wanted to leave too and that Adams no longer saw him as part of his longer-term plans.

Also noticeable that Adams not exactly effusive in his praise too...wonder if they did fall out, as he previously seemed to be one of the favourite players in the squad.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
IJN":1pwkej9x said:
Brixton 'ill Pilgrim":1pwkej9x said:
Interesting that the Luton manager talks about how much he thinks he can improve Jervis.

You don't think that comment was hewn out of the fact that the Welshman didn't get the nod over DA then?

I did.

There's also no case to answer in terms of Adams' handling of and improvement of, Jake's career.

Look at his nomadic career and poor scoring record before he came to Argyle. This has been BY FAR the best period of his career.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Adams said: “We are absolutely delighted. It’s excellent business to do for somebody who we took in for nothing and had five months on their contract to run.

He wasn’t in our team, and hasn’t been for a number of weeks now.”

Ouch.

Hmmm, I am usually a defender of Derek, but he really could have been more appreciative there. There clearly has been a falling out.

Shame.

Jul 11, 2011
Sorry, but I think our bench looks poor. I am happy with church as an alternative to Taylor, but when looking for a goal our options are Grant and Ainsworth which I feel don’t fit the system. Jervis was quick and a physical presence.

I still wanted another player who could cover either attacking mid or box to box role.