Jake Jervis signs for Luton - confirmed | Page 20 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Jake Jervis signs for Luton - confirmed

Oct 2, 2009
Fulwood Lancs
LeonTheGreen":axisraz9 said:
gariboldi":axisraz9 said:
In truth he isn't top half of Div 1 or Championshio quality. End of. We must get players in who are capable of getting us out of this division.

We can't afford players that are capable of getting us out of this division. One player who can left for Fleetwood. ( I don't blame Argyle for that) people have got to realise we haven't got the finances to compete with play off sides in this division. Blackburn and Wigan are the standard of player you need to get out of league one. Unfortunately we are miles away from spending anything like that. Reality check needed for some.

So far, my Cod Head supporting chums at work have been unimpressed with him.

N

NorfolkGreen

Abbotts Ann Green":2dxo9tdg said:
Yes, you’re right there. Adams has sold dozens of players so far. There’s Purrington, Jervis and.....

I’m amazed he has been here so long, look at his career record and the number of clubs he has had so far.

As to goal threat, he has scored 4 from 20 starts this season. The much maligned Grant has 3 from the same number.

I wonder how many of those starts were in the first 10 or so games, when goals were somewhat lacking?

Aug 22, 2006
monkeywrench":qbu0rolh said:
So he wanted to go then.

I don't think the release clause can be used as an excuse by Adams though, and i'm not suggesting he will use it as an excuse, but ultimately he would have had some inclining about this sort of thing potentially happening, in reality it probably happened too late in the day for him to find a replacement but i'm sure he will be the first to admit that we are extremely short. Is there a loan window? Pretty sure I read that it's only emergencies as they've changed the rules?

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
It is what it is. £100 K was good money for him, just apity no replacement was made either bought or inward loaned.
Rock on Church, you have some popular boots to fill.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
There's no loan window anymore unless it's an emergency for a keeper. It's free agents only and they had to be a free agent before the transfer window closed last night.

It now does look like the Argyle players will have a set price release clause in their contracts.
Bradford supposedly offered £75,000 for Ryan Taylor and we turned it down because it didn't meet our valuation or was it because the release clause wasn't met?

monkeywrench

Administrator
Staff member
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 12, 2006
Cornwall
Mazza26":28b6ldxx said:
monkeywrench":28b6ldxx said:
So he wanted to go then.

I don't think the release clause can be used as an excuse by Adams though, and i'm not suggesting he will use it as an excuse, but ultimately he would have had some inclining about this sort of thing potentially happening, in reality it probably happened too late in the day for him to find a replacement but i'm sure he will be the first to admit that we are extremely short. Is there a loan window? Pretty sure I read that it's only emergencies as they've changed the rules?

Nope, no loans unless for goalkeepers.

Yes we do look a bit short.

I guess the scenario with JJ was, we'll let you go if we get a replacement (i.e Martinez). Martinez falls though and Luton pay the release clause and we lose JJ. Not ideal.

Mork

🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺
Oct 18, 2013
Forster NSW
Biggs":1jd9ob94 said:
So what about the last 20 games that would put us fifth in the form table?

It’s how you spend that money, of which we’ll have more once the grandstand is done.

I wished I believed that. There’s a hotel to build first, secondly we have to pay for the refurb. Can’t see much if any significant funds being available for team strengthening.

Sorry to be negative, I’m just so underwhelmed by the refurb.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Mork":1yuuwhw5 said:
Biggs":1yuuwhw5 said:

It’s how you spend that money, of which we’ll have more once the grandstand is done.

I wished I believed that. There’s a hotel to build first, secondly we have to pay for the refurb. Can’t see much if any significant funds being available for team strengthening.

The hotel has financially nothing to do with Argyle and the funds for the grandstand refurbishment are already in place.

999mattyg

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 13, 2007
Launceston
Shame, I'm a big fan of JJ. His goal against Pompey away last season was a cracker!
Good business though, he seems to be on the periphery at the moment and clearly wants to be playing.
Good luck JJ.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
Mork":1eqmllfr said:
Biggs":1eqmllfr said:

....and parking will be a problem.

Still, how is Oz?

B

Beercan

Good business, it also explains his lack of form & inconsistent performances. His head has obviously been elsewhere & with the January window looming he was obviously keen to leave. His contract expired in June & he would of walked 100% for free. Just a shame we couldn't put his transfer fee & wages towards strengthening are squad. Personally I would of been keen to put that money towards Jones. I think he would of been a very good addition to our squad and a sound investment. Good age, from the area & huge potential.

May 16, 2016
PL2 3DQ":3jse04qy said:
Mork":3jse04qy said:
Biggs":3jse04qy said:

The hotel has financially nothing to do with Argyle and the funds for the grandstand refurbishment are already in place.

As if that matters in some arguments.......

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Mork":px4ieme7 said:

I guarantee you won't be when it's done.