Jake Jervis signs for Luton - confirmed | Page 23 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Jake Jervis signs for Luton - confirmed

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Biggs":1smuau8b said:
Adams said: “We are absolutely delighted. It’s excellent business to do for somebody who we took in for nothing and had five months on their contract to run.

He wasn’t in our team, and hasn’t been for a number of weeks now.”

Ouch.

Hmmm, I am usually a defender of Derek, but he really could have been more appreciative there. There clearly has been a falling out.

Shame.

Adams doesn't usually have good words to say about departing players. I mentioned earlier that departing players also never praise Adams for resurrecting their career.

Adams does appear distant from his players, he's not touchy feely as some managers are. There's no rapport, it's a job of professional work between him and his players.

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
two of my friends went on the first dutch tour and because you have paid a lot of money for the trip the package allows you to watch the training sessions.derek does not refer to the players by their first names for instance.phrases like "get the ball to carey will you" etc etc.derek is a very single minded professional.much rather have him than many we have suffered down the years.

Feb 26, 2012
Ivybridge
PL2 3DQ":1lb2xqjo said:
Biggs":1lb2xqjo said:
Adams said: “We are absolutely delighted. It’s excellent business to do for somebody who we took in for nothing and had five months on their contract to run.

Ouch.

Hmmm, I am usually a defender of Derek, but he really could have been more appreciative there. There clearly has been a falling out.

Shame.

Adams doesn't usually have good words to say about departing players. I mentioned earlier that departing players also never praise Adams for resurrecting their career.

Adams does appear distant from his players, he's not touchy feely as some managers are. There's no rapport, it's a job of professional work between him and his players.

That's disappointing if true. It won't serve him well in the long term. I have a mate who has worked for Man. U for 20 years and I remember him telling me that despite Alex Ferguson's abrasive public persona he was the best man manager he had ever come across. He knew the names of all the staff and would always sit down with players individually if they were having a bad patch and basically tell them how bloody good they were. DA is still a relatively young man, I hope he learns to bring a little humanity into his management style.

Apr 15, 2004
East Devon
Steve Evans":2zuwyniy said:
two of my friends went on the first dutch tour and because you have paid a lot of money for the trip the package allows you to watch the training sessions.derek does not refer to the players by their first names for instance.phrases like "get the ball to carey will you" etc etc.derek is a very single minded professional.much rather have him than many we have suffered down the years.
Can’t say I’m a big fan of managers being matey with players anyway. Kevin Keegan was a fine example of that – all that jokey “Stevey G” nonsense when England boss never struck me as very professional whereas even Warnock, although a gregarious type, always makes it clear he’s the boss not their mates and will take no s**t. Adams certainly seems more in the Fergusson mould but reports of that pre season tour also had accounts of him engaging with players away from the football - being extremely competitive in head-tennis & table tennis tournaments. He also came across very well when news of Ryan's cancer emerged.

Aug 11, 2013
It is obvious from Jervis comments that him and Adams had a big fall out. I've heard an account of what was supposed to have happened this morning which had a ring of truth and would answer a lot the points on this thread but may be a load of rubbish so won't recount the tale. I think one thing is certain - there was a falling out.

Aug 8, 2013
Worcester
Old Gunner":1ktgxaal said:
PL2 3DQ":1ktgxaal said:
Biggs":1ktgxaal said:

Ouch.

Shame.

That's disappointing if true. It won't serve him well in the long term. I have a mate who has worked for Man. U for 20 years and I remember him telling me that despite Alex Ferguson's abrasive public persona he was the best man manager he had ever come across. He knew the names of all the staff and would always sit down with players individually if they were having a bad patch and basically tell them how bloody good they were. DA is still a relatively young man, I hope he learns to bring a little humanity into his management style.

I don't think it is entirely true. Many players that have signed for us under Adams have either played for him before or encountered him from his time at Ross County. He's been one of the key reasons for attracting several players to us, Jervis included.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I was speaking to Ryan Edwards dad last weekend, he said the reason Ryan joined the club was because of DA and he said he's even more impressed since joining.

By the way, before you hear anything else (it's bound to happen) Eddy adores Argyle and Plymouth.

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
Tugboat":12790aqh said:
Leon Horn":12790aqh said:
Derek Adams has declared the sale of Jervis as "excellent business" for PAFC and said that the money may not necessarily be spent on the squad as "other areas of the club need improvement".

https://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/sport/ ... er-1149670

So strip back the wage bill and any money the club receive gets put into the ‘infrastructure’ pot.

Meanwhile we try and get by on a smaller weaker squad.

Sounds promising.

If the consideration figure collected for Jervis was £125K it represents circa 2.5% of the grandstand redevelopment cost. Somehow, I hardly think its' use on 'infrastructure' is likely to undermine on field playing success.,

Aug 24, 2014
Plymouth
IJN":3tf9mlua said:
I was speaking to Ryan Edwards dad last weekend, he said the reason Ryan joined the club was because of DA and he said he's even more impressed since joining.

By the way, before you hear anything else (it's bound to happen) Eddy adores Argyle and Plymouth.

Already been a post about it on Rumours

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
And I've put it on here, to show the other side of what is being suggested.

Hope that's OK?

Aug 24, 2014
Plymouth
I would imagine it's fine. Most people believe he is very much fond of being an Argyle player. He shows that with actions and words. A good player I hope to see grow well for us for years to come.

I was merely saying unfortunately, someone has already seen fit to suggest Edwards has fallen out with Adams. It was some new account with 2 posts. It seems the thread is gone now, so I can't state who.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Probably one of the many we get from the FB page. The Mods are onto them, but they sometimes get through.

Feb 26, 2012
Ivybridge
IJN":8me60k6i said:

Good to hear that about DA Ian.

Aug 24, 2014
Plymouth
IJN":w02uzwwv said:
Probably one of the many we get from the FB page. The Mods are onto them, but they sometimes get through.

As a side note to that. There was a good comment there the other day from Rob. Reminding us that whilst the support has been amazing, it can get lonely once the original support has gone quiet and people move on. I hope the GA continue to show support throughout as I'm sure we will.