Jake Jervis signs for Luton - confirmed | Page 24 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Jake Jervis signs for Luton - confirmed

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
We'll certainly do that from this site. Plus of course we sponsor the lad, and we will do some fundraising for and with him.

Apr 30, 2011
Quintrell_Green":i4ckeenx said:
Tugboat":i4ckeenx said:
Leon Horn":i4ckeenx said:
Derek Adams has declared the sale of Jervis as "excellent business" for PAFC and said that the money may not necessarily be spent on the squad as "other areas of the club need improvement".

https://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/sport/ ... er-1149670

So strip back the wage bill and any money the club receive gets put into the ‘infrastructure’ pot.

Meanwhile we try and get by on a smaller weaker squad.

Sounds promising.

If the consideration figure collected for Jervis was £125K it represents circa 2.5% of the grandstand redevelopment cost. Somehow, I hardly think its' use on 'infrastructure' is likely to undermine on field playing success.,

It maybe a small portion of the infrastructure budget but a true comparison is the portion of the wage budget it represents. So we have an lost (rough guess) 1.5k per week wages and £125,000 of player value and not reinvested that so, financially we now have a smaller commitment to the player budget than we did before. When you factor in other departures against the players signed, I would guess the budget for the playing squad has reduced by 10%.

I still think that selling Jake for this fee with only 5 months on his contract left was good business but we can't possibly view it aa anything but a financial decision. Hopefully we will reap some of the benefits of this move by securing other assets approaching the end of their contracts on longer deals.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
I think our wage budget has reduced by more than 10%.

I’d guess 15-20%

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Tugboat":2qsz5kbp said:

I’d guess 15-20%

What was that I was saying about conjecture?

Seriously.... :facepalm:

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
Tugboat":ykjj3ac5 said:

I’d guess 15-20%
You think too much and even worse speculate too much. How in God's name you think we could have shed up to 20% off the playing budget with January's comings and goings I don't know. There are agents fees, possibly we are paying a chunk of Wylde's wages at Morecambe, possibly we had to pay tens of thousands to pay up Sokolik's contract etc. There that's me speculating and neither of us know do we?

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
Tugboat":nul7jwpn said:

I’d guess 15-20%

Let's please see the calculations. How can you possibly know the wages of the incoming loanees we have taken on and Church's salary..

Oct 24, 2010
Tugboat":1sa63m49 said:

I’d guess 15-20%
The budget hasn't reduced just the spending against it which will create a surplus which can be used with greater effect in the summer.

Oct 24, 2013
The release clause element of this is certainly interesting. £125k for a player with six months left on his contract strikes me as a bit of a no brainier, but am I correct in saying that Jake had his contract extension triggered at the end of last season? This wasn’t a new contract, simply an extension of an existing one, with I’m guessing slightly improved terms, given promotion and a possible yearly wage wise. But this original contract would’ve had the same release clause.

Basically, can it be summised that Jake was always available for £125k, regardless of how long was left in his contract? Good value now, but it wouldn’t have been 12 months ago, when he was more integral to the team.

And if he has a release clause, who else has one. Some here wouldn’t take less that £1.5 mill for Carey, what if there is one for him, admittedly at a higher level than JJ went for? Who else? Bradley, Taylor, Threlkeld?

Think we are seeing the unfortunate flip side of one year contracts; low release clauses for clubs able to trigger them and offer the player greater security in longer term deals. In in all, I fear we may see these clauses triggered more and more.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
esmer":2xv5ecdc said:
Tugboat":2xv5ecdc said:

I’d guess 15-20%
The budget hasn't reduced just the spending against it which will create a surplus which can be used with greater effect in the summer.

Given.

Hopefully in this league.

I’ll remain slightly on the fence to see what the ‘freebie’ market can rustle up but extra money in the summer does not wash the mud off the fact of having a transfer window to strengthen our team and we do the opposite, come out weaker.

I’m not a gambling man but this window we’ve gambled that we can somewhat scrap through and finish the season in this league with a few quid in the back pocket.

Players are out there and whilst I’ll agree we aren’t going to get our number 1 choices in each position we went for, there are plenty others out there chomping at the big for first team football that could offer us something if signed.

We choose not too.

An injury to a key player like Oscar or Taylor again will be horrible but would also serve as a massive slap across the face to Adams for being stubborn, again.

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
It's all so easy in your world Tugboat. Plenty of players out there waiting to be snapped up to improve our team. If only it was that easy.

Oct 31, 2015
Im dissapointed by this. Jake was one of our top performers over the last 2 seasons. Interesting to see Luton tried in the summer that rumour didnt get through.

Best of luck Jake and thanyou for what you did for us

Sep 6, 2006
Tugboat":srwv2njx said:
esmer":srwv2njx said:
Tugboat":srwv2njx said:

I’d guess 15-20%

Given.

Hopefully in this league.

I’ll remain slightly on the fence to see what the ‘freebie’ market can rustle up but extra money in the summer does not wash the mud off the fact of having a transfer window to strengthen our team and we do the opposite, come out weaker.

I’m not a gambling man but this window we’ve gambled that we can somewhat scrap through and finish the season in this league with a few quid in the back pocket.

Players are out there and whilst I’ll agree we aren’t going to get our number 1 choices in each position we went for, there are plenty others out there chomping at the big for first team football that could offer us something if signed.

We choose not too.

An injury to a key player like Oscar or Taylor again will be horrible but would also serve as a massive slap across the face to Adams for being stubborn, again.

Few days ago there was talk of us losing Bradley and Taylor so not that bad really.

Jan 30, 2016
Thanks Jake for the 31 goals that you scored for us. If only your volley against Liverpool had gone in - it would have made you one of the all time Argyle hero's.Good luck at Luton.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Really? I think Jake did enough to earn our respect in any case, a goal in a game of extreme plasticity wouldn't have made much difference to his status with us would it?

Mar 8, 2016
Jake has been quality for argyle, I thought he would be one of those players that stays with argyle for a good few years to come but I suppose those days are gone, gutted he’s left to be honest but that’s football. Let’s hope we don’t encounter many injuries for the remainder of the season because we will be in trouble.