Ipswich NOT the best team in League 1 ....we are! | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Ipswich NOT the best team in League 1 ....we are!

May 9, 2015
We may or may not be the best team in League, come May time we might be in a position to confirm that we are. One thing I can definitely say is that we have the best Manager in League 1 and can’t think of any others in the league I’d like at the helm. Inexperienced but he’s got a very clever football brain and is learning his trade very quickly. Destined for bigger things in the future.
... plus he has an excellent team behind him!

MGM

✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 7, 2021
One thing ld say about Ipswich is they keep the ball better than us. Which away from home does help.

And whether you like Morsy or not, they have someone who gets stuck in. They do play decent football but maybe don’t convert the chances they should. Maybe they aren’t direct enough at times given how much possession they have.

Sheffield Wednesday are a more cautious outfit. They are defensively solid. You just wonder what happens if Bannan gets injured for a lengthy period. Away from home they might play too cautiously against the bigger clubs. l still think they will go up as champions.

Argyle have the best shot stopper keeper in L1. They have pretty clinical. They are very flexible with tactics. The weakness l feel will be the away games because without a natural ball winner at CM it will be difficult to get a foothold in games.

I think we just have 3 good sides going toe to toe ….the pace is relentless but unfortunately someone’s achilles heel will eventually show.

Derby may be too far behind to catch us, but Warne has made them a solid outfit. With the goals they have in their team and his managerial experience in this league he might fancy a late charge at a top two finish.

Last edited:

Monster Green

Cream First
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Jan 12, 2007
Plymouth
Agree about Morsy. Horrible, nasty type of player - but he is technically very good and is of championship standard. Would love to have him (without the Knobhead element!)

May 16, 2016
One thing our nearest rivals in the League all have in common is the belief that we've yet to lose players to injury.

None of them seem to realise we've been regularly without up to 5 first team starters and supplement our bench with youngsters on a regular basis.........yet have remained in the top two.

Imagine what will be like if we DID have a fully fit first team squad. Bless 'em in their ignorance.

Aug 13, 2011
I wouldn't pay much attention to what Danny Cowley says to be honest, the other week he claimed that he only has a 'mid table budget' to work with, which simply isn't true - he was just trying to cover up how poorly he's doing. I'm surprised he's still there, Kenny Jackett was shown the door for doing a better job.
After the Charlton game he'll be fearing the worst . Pompey are rank underachievers this term... He'd probably claim the Latics played like Brasil.....just to alleviate ....

Jan 6, 2004
One thing our nearest rivals in the League all have in common is the belief that we've yet to lose players to injury.

None of them seem to realise we've been regularly without up to 5 first team starters and supplement our bench with youngsters on a regular basis.........yet have remained in the top two.

Imagine what will be like if we DID have a fully fit first team squad. Bless 'em in their ignorance.
Where we have been lucky is with our strikers, having 3 strikers all of whom would get into most league one starting elevens fit and available to rotate all season has been huge for us. Long may it continue.

Dreamgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 28, 2004
Salisbury, Wiltshire
Now the Coconuts of Cowley have been sacked, I wonder who they will have lined up ready for the dead cat bounce that is the Dockyard Derby ?

The new boss has less than 4 weeks to evaluate what he's got, determine what he needs ... and then get the players in.

Good luck.

Last edited:
Reactions: IvyG