Ipswich NOT the best team in League 1 ....we are! | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Ipswich NOT the best team in League 1 ....we are!

MGM

✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 7, 2021
We are 23 games in. Have a fantastic points total.

Like many have told me you can’t play well every week. But the disjointed nature of the team performances says to me something isn’t quite right.

If you watch Ipswich they have frailties. Yet what they do well is keep possession and that away from home might be the telling factor between us and them.

Sheffield Wednesday aren’t as good on the eye but they are a machine. Very well organised.

And they both have a weapon we don’t have in January. Ridiculous amounts of money to spend in the January transfer window.

We are a good side. We have a manager who is prepared to be flexible in his approach to games. I just think the engine room of this side is currently where we might falter unless we get one or two players in.

Last night, we panicked towards the end of the game and just lack a little calmness. When teams press us at the moment, it is a concern.

We now have a run of very hard away games. We will see if we are the best team in the league by the way we play in these games.

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
At least there is now the insurance policy of the play-offs for failing to win promotion and a bonus promotion opportunity. For 80 years in the FL, 3rd place (2nd in Div III N/S) was no more than a "hard luck, try again next year."
Absolutely, and I am a big fan of the play offs despite our loss to Burnley all those years ago. It wouldn't soften the blow of my worst case scenario though.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
There's a Twitter video showing the reaction of the Pompous fans after the final whistle today against Charlton.

All the timeless classics are there - "You're not fit to wear the shirt", "that was embarrassing", "booo" and the new hit "we want Cowley out". 😄

Reactions: Wexford Green

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
We are 23 games in. Have a fantastic points total.

Like many have told me you can’t play well every week. But the disjointed nature of the team performances says to me something isn’t quite right.

If you watch Ipswich they have frailties. Yet what they do well is keep possession and that away from home might be the telling factor between us and them.

Sheffield Wednesday aren’t as good on the eye but they are a machine. Very well organised.

And they both have a weapon we don’t have in January. Ridiculous amounts of money to spend in the January transfer window.

We are a good side. We have a manager who is prepared to be flexible in his approach to games. I just think the engine room of this side is currently where we might falter unless we get one or two players in.

Last night, we panicked towards the end of the game and just lack a little calmness. When teams press us at the moment, it is a concern.

We now have a run of very hard away games. We will see if we are the best team in the league by the way we play in these games.

Who says we need ridiculous amounts of money in the Jan window?? I think we have smarter recruitment than both Ipswich and Sheff Wed. It’s not all about money.

MGM

✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 7, 2021
Who says we need ridiculous amounts of money in the Jan window?? I think we have smarter recruitment than both Ipswich and Sheff Wed. It’s not all about money.

Totally correct. It’s not all about money. But it does help you gain an advantage if you spend wisely. I guess that’s the key part.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
There's a Twitter video showing the reaction of the Pompous fans after the final whistle today against Charlton.

All the timeless classics are there - "You're not fit to wear the shirt", "that was embarrassing", "booo" and the new hit "we want Cowley out". 😄
Cowley brothers must be packing there bags today.

they’ve had only 1 league win since our 2-2 draw with them back in mid September.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Read the Pompey forum A) It's very funny reading the fan's reaction and B) By God, it shows how good Pasoti is.

Reactions: David Doidge

Dreamgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 28, 2004
Salisbury, Wiltshire
The Gobshites of Pompous fans forum is always a good late night read on match days when they haven't won (which is pretty much every week :LOL:).
The Cowleys are now often being referred to as a word which begins with a C and ends with TS - and it's not coconuts.

Last edited:

Dreamgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 28, 2004
Salisbury, Wiltshire
Here's an extract from one of today's contributors on TrueBlueArmy ... (talking about the style of footbal Pompous are playing) ...

Style? Ffs.

So you enjoy watching the ball going along the back line, up each flank in turn, then the whole thing repeated ad infinitum then?

Hardly any shots, no expansive play, very poor delivery.

I’ve just watched the highlights of Plymouth’s last game. The reason they keep winning is that they play exciting football without fear and play on the front foot all the time.

Oh for a manager who could bring that style of football to FP.

The Cowleys are obsessed by stats and possession and seem to have forgotten what the game is all about. If it was bringing results it would be just about tolerable in the short term, it isn’t so it isn’t.

Time for them to pack up their stats and leave.

mutley marvel

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Feb 13, 2021
When i think of the usual suspects - Ipswich, Sheffield Weds & Pompous

I think of Kevin Keegan's famous rant " I would love it "

Plenty of football still to be played but some clubs will still have a rather high opinion of themselves

Jannerz

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jul 30, 2022
Here's an extract from one of today's contributors on TrueBlueArmy ... (talking about the style of footbal Pompous are playing) ...
This I thought was creative "We last won in the league 3 prime ministers ago." :LOL: