Ipswich NOT the best team in League 1 ....we are! | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Ipswich NOT the best team in League 1 ....we are!

SMG

Oct 22, 2021
Danny Cowley called them 'the best league 1 side he's seen in his lifetime'!

But if I was an Ipswich fan it would make me a bit uneasy hearing that only halfway through the season when they sit 2nd to us despite their net spend and wage bill being huge. The pressure on Ipswich (& Sheff Wed) will really ratchet up as we approach the business end of the season, we just need to focus on ourselves.

Let other's keep talking up Ipswich, quite happy to go under the radar to an extent and I'd also be quite happy to finish 2nd to Ipswich (or Sheff Wed) and still get promoted. Long way to go, no need to get precious about a few throw away comments on twitter and from the like's of Cowley.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
I wouldn't pay much attention to what Danny Cowley says to be honest, the other week he claimed that he only has a 'mid table budget' to work with, which simply isn't true - he was just trying to cover up how poorly he's doing. I'm surprised he's still there, Kenny Jackett was shown the door for doing a better job.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Yes it is so tight. We could lead the league most of the season, be in the top 2 right up to game 45 and then miss out failing in the play offs to a team 12 points behind who only scrape into the top 6 on the final day.
That's the scenario I dread but despite those worries I have faith that we can shut up some of the Wednesday and Ipswich fans who are still assuming we will fall out of contention any time soon.
At least there is now the insurance policy of the play-offs for failing to win promotion and a bonus promotion opportunity. For 80 years in the FL, 3rd place (2nd in Div III N/S) was no more than a "hard luck, try again next year."

stevey

✅ Evergreen
Aug 20, 2022
Sheffield Wednesday Barry Bannan limped off with a potential hamstring…
Big blow for them if it’s long term…
Id take 2nd to Ipswich..

Belfast Green

🇮🇪🇮🇪🇮🇪🇮🇪🇮🇪🇮🇪
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jam First
✅ Evergreen
🍌 Bomber Harris.
Jun 23, 2017
Belfast
Bit of a weird rant. The best team in League One will be determined at ten to five on 6th May.

Long, long way to go yet.
If that is your position then why have forums like this where opinions can be shared. Don't like it? Don't comment.

Belfast Green

🇮🇪🇮🇪🇮🇪🇮🇪🇮🇪🇮🇪
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jam First
✅ Evergreen
🍌 Bomber Harris.
Jun 23, 2017
Belfast
If this were League 2 and there were 3 automatic spots I’d be feeling pretty confident right now, but it’s going to come down to the wire, us, Ipswich and Wednesday are all very good teams, someone is going to have to miss out.
We often simply assume that it will be us. I have a growing feeling it won‘t be 😬💚

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
Barnsley have been in great form lately, 9 points off Wednesday with 2 games in hand, so only 3 points off if they win them. They’re definitely creeping towards the top 3.

We still have to play Ipswich, Wednesday, Barnsley, Bolton and Peterborough away. Big games.

It’s going to be a rollercoaster.

Reactions: RochdaleGreen
Mar 11, 2021
Tavistock
OP - a bit Bombastic. I like it though, I'd just say keep our powder dry until we have a C next to our name in the table.

Reactions: Emu
Mar 11, 2021
Tavistock
Barnsley have been in great form lately, 9 points off Wednesday with 2 games in hand, so only 3 points off if they win them. They’re definitely creeping towards the top 3.

We still have to play Ipswich, Wednesday, Barnsley, Bolton and Peterborough away. Big games.

I've noticed Barnsley too. Very good as their start was woeful.

Reactions: Belfast Green
Jun 18, 2005
born St. Columb, Cornwall
The Barnsley improvement has been excellent but maybe they will drop off too, that sort of form is hardly sustainable. At the end of January things will be clearer, I expect Argyle to be top two and push on to win the league.

Reactions: Ky dv

smudja

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Dec 29, 2005
Glenrothes
Bit of a weird rant. The best team in League One will be determined at ten to five on 6th May.

Long, long way to go yet.
Argyle will have won the league before then!

Aug 3, 2008
Plymouth

But they have to play us! Must be worried.

Jun 27, 2019
If that is your position then why have forums like this where opinions can be shared. Don't like it? Don't comment.
Where did I say the opinion shouldn't have been shared? If we used your 'don't like it, don't comment' approach then this forum would be a little dull!

In fact, you yourself have broken your own rule by commenting on a post you clearly didn't like.

• Haha
Reactions: justanotherfan