Ipswich NOT the best team in League 1 ....we are! | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Ipswich NOT the best team in League 1 ....we are!

Jan 6, 2004
So you are more optimistic now we are missing chances?
No, I am more optimistic now we are creating enough chances to win without needing to score more than expected from our chances, which was never going to be sustainable across the whole season.

Maybe we will win the league maybe we will not, but I think gariboldi is right, now we are more than half way through the season, to stand up and say the league table does not lie we are the best team in the league. We have had a dodgy patch, as every team does, and are now back on track.

Lancastergreen

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Jan 12, 2017
Plymouth
This is the problem with being top, people start having granduer of their own

To be fair on the TWTD site there is a balanced and quite complimentary thread on our standing thus far, and in fact some hoping we keep it up as they wish to see us and them up. I would take this as a more general consensus of Suffolk opinions.

However, the Wendies on OWLSTALK are a completely different case. We might as well not exist and they have the title nailed on already!!!!

Reactions: Keith Whitfield

Daz

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 30, 2003
This is the problem with being top, people start having granduer of their own
As previously mentioned. I would guess this thread is aimed at the Ipswich fan account on Twitter that had a poll because they had “Seen a few posts saying #itfc are “the best side League One has ever seen”.

This is when Argyle are currently above them in the league and yet they are not only discounting us they are actually saying they should be compared to the best teams ever in league 1.

When someone mentions to them they aren’t even top the reply is

“That’s only due to two teams overachieving. When you look at stats - XG, possession, attempts created/allowed - most would say that our 48pts is an underachievement. We’re head and shoulders above anything else in this league. Would he 10pts clear if it weren’t for own mistakes.”

Last edited:

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
It gets me how Ipswich and Wednesday fans are so confident. Whereas we are so wary of what might happen.
That’s right. When we lost to Port Vale it was all ‘we’ve finally been found out’ and ‘that’s it, we’re doomed’. Never mind that both Ipswich and Wednesday have also had bad results to an extent that they’re behind us in the table.

Reactions: MustardEagle

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
If this were League 2 and there were 3 automatic spots I’d be feeling pretty confident right now, but it’s going to come down to the wire, us, Ipswich and Wednesday are all very good teams, someone is going to have to miss out.

Sep 6, 2006
That’s right. When we lost to Port Vale it was all ‘we’ve finally been found out’ and ‘that’s it, we’re doomed’. Never mind that both Ipswich and Wednesday have also had bad results to an extent that they’re behind us in the table.
Losing to Port Vale wasn't such an issue it was the level of the performance following on from similar ones including losing 5.1 to a poor League 2 team!

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
Yes it is so tight. We could lead the league most of the season, be in the top 2 right up to game 45 and then miss out failing in the play offs to a team 12 points behind who only scrape into the top 6 on the final day.
That's the scenario I dread but despite those worries I have faith that we can shut up some of the Wednesday and Ipswich fans who are still assuming we will fall out of contention any time soon.

Oct 14, 2015
We may or may not be the best team in League, come May time we might be in a position to confirm that we are. One thing I can definitely say is that we have the best Manager in League 1 and can’t think of any others in the league I’d like at the helm. Inexperienced but he’s got a very clever football brain and is learning his trade very quickly. Destined for bigger things in the future.

Cheltnum Green

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
♣️ Shire Greens
Sep 15, 2021
There was an Ipswich fan account on twitter a couple of days ago running a poll on if this Ipswich side were the best side to EVER play in the 3rd tier of English football, the delusions of grandeur are unreal.
This Ipswich side is probably their best side to ever play in the third tier, but then again you could argue that the current Morecambe side is their best ever team too!

Many would probably say that this isn't the best Argyle team ever, but as the table currently shows, we are top of the league! COYGs. :)

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
Yes it is so tight. We could lead the league most of the season, be in the top 2 right up to game 45 and then miss out failing in the play offs to a team 12 points behind who only scrape into the top 6 on the final day.
That's the scenario I dread but despite those worries I have faith that we can shut up some of the Wednesday and Ipswich fans who are still assuming we will fall out of contention any time soon.

I occasionally have a look over on the Ipswich and the Wednesday's forums, still so many saying "Plymouth will drop off when they pick up injuries", we've had loads of injuries. As you say, it's going to be extremely tight but I'm just praying we get in the top two so that we can stick 2 fingers up to some people.

Daz

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 30, 2003
This Ipswich side is probably their best side to ever play in the third tier, but then again you could argue that the current Morecambe side is their best ever team too!

Many would probably say that this isn't the best Argyle team ever, but as the table currently shows, we are top of the league! COYGs. :)
Their poll was comparing them to Sunderland/wolves and another team I can’t remember that had won league 1 in previous years. Not their past teams.

Reactions: The Pilgrim