Ipswich NOT the best team in League 1 ....we are! | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Ipswich NOT the best team in League 1 ....we are!

Aug 13, 2011
Sometimes you have to put the record straight. We always get this .."Ipswich are the best team we have played", "Ipswich are the best team in the division", reactions from opposing managers following their games with the Tractor Boys. The fact is Plymouth Argyle have farmers too, many more tractors, and we are, and by a long way, the best team in this division!! Ipswich managed to get to first for one week in about 3 months. They constantly bottle the opportunity to take top spot from us, and always have a glass jaw. Can't take the pressure ..We don't!? We had one blip but have now won 3 back to back again, should beat MK Dons on NY day and are back motoring towards the title. 33/36 home points!!!! We are, and by a long long satisfying way, the outstanding team in Division 1 while under tremendous leadership from SS...and we can also play a great brand of football at will. Ipswich the best? No chance! We are the best!! ...and they know it!! ....the media can't legislate for it, they are a wealthy club of prowess...nope....Ipswich? Still nowhere near as good as us under Simon Hallett, Steven Schumacher and a gifted squad of players...ready for honours well ahead of Town..

Last edited:
Aug 13, 2011
Ipswich can play a bit but are serial offenders of letting apparently lesser teams score against their unreliable defence at the most inopportune moments to their best interests. It happens regularly...so they can't be taken seriously and may only make the play offs. Certainly not to be considered challengers.

Reactions: Landsender
May 12, 2022
To fricking right I was listening to talksport when we has our mini blip and it was Ipswich this Ipswich that then plymouth not even calling us argyle are done they will out of the playoffs by march

• Angry
Reactions: Landsender
Nov 3, 2006
Agree. You can be sure that if Wednesday or Ipswich were top then for most opposing fans it would be a case of 'the league doesn't lie.'

They aren't, and we don't play the most fluid of football at times, so there is disbelief that we're top, but the league doesn't lie.😅

Jan 6, 2004
We have played every team in the division and are 4 points clear. This is no fluke. We have the best keeper in the league. We also have a great squad of effectively 18 first teamers. Something the rest of the football world seems to miss is that barring a long injury list we have one of the strongest benches in the league, at least from an attacking perspective. All three of our strikers would be starting every week in nearly every other team in the division. The sight of Hardy coming on at 70 minutes must be terrifying.

My concern previously was that we were riding our luck by scoring so well from so few chances. However, we now seem to be creating plentiful chances. This means that while our chance conversion rate has fallen, as it was always going to, we are still winning. Finally, we seem to be at our best against decent teams that play their own football against us rather than try to stifle so I am optimistic of points at Wednesday and Town.

More than ever I believe we will be Champions if we manage to keep the squad together.

Last edited:
Sep 6, 2006
We have played every team in the division and are 4 points clear. This is no fluke. We also have a great squad of effectively 18 first teamers. Something the rest of the football world seems to missing is that barring a long injury list we have one of the strongest benches in the league, at least from an attacking perspective. My concern previously was that we were riding our luck by scoring so well from so few chances. However, we now seem to be creating the plentiful chances. This means that while our chance conversion rate has fallen, as it was always going to, we are still winning. Finally, we seem to be at our best against decent teams that play theif own football against us rather than try to stifle so I am optimistic of points at Wednesday and Town.

More than ever I believe we can be Champions if we manage to keep the squad together.
So you are more optimistic now we are missing chances?

Oct 31, 2015
Oh I hope this thread doesn't get thrown in our faces between now and May🤦.

Let's enjoy what we have and celebrate/boast when we achieve top 2 at the end of the season.

Reactions: JannerinCardiff