Ipswich game moved to Sunday and live on TV | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Ipswich game moved to Sunday and live on TV

NLG

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jan 16, 2006
Looking at the stats from their weekend game with Wednesday, they appear to be a very aggressive physical team, high foul count and lots of bookings. I hope we can stay clear of injury, I fear a bruising game ahead. Lets hope football can come out on top and that we get a half decent ref for once.

• Wow
Reactions: Greenarab

bigalf

R.I.P
Dec 13, 2005
Keyham
Glad the game is on as it will be yet another ‘cup final’ for ‘plucky little Plymouth’. We are so privileged to be on the same field as these big clubs.

From the Ipswich forum: ‘We are ‘bigger’ than a quarter of the PL clubs by any metric and as big as another 3 or 4’.

Obviously one metric the poster did not consider is that they are in the third division but why let reality get in the way of fantasy.

MGM

✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 7, 2021
Glad the game is on.

I don’t personally get the idea of putting names on a list for a national squad and then not putting them in the actual squad when announced. l just assumed wrongly he would be in the squad else why mention his name.

Just creates confusion. But maybe it’s my logic that is wrong.

Reactions: Monster Green
May 8, 2011
Glad the game is on as it will be yet another ‘cup final’ for ‘plucky little Plymouth’. We are so privileged to be on the same field as these big clubs.

From the Ipswich forum: ‘We are ‘bigger’ than a quarter of the PL clubs by any metric and as big as another 3 or 4’.

Obviously one metric the poster did not consider is that they are in the third division but why let reality get in the way of fantasy.
But their fan base is bigger than a number of teams in the PL, and despite having over two decades of failure the fan base has stuck with them. Not bad for a small county town in a rural backwater.

Reactions: Penmaster

Monster Green

Cream First
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Jan 12, 2007
Plymouth
But their fan base is bigger than a number of teams in the PL, and despite having over two decades of failure the fan base has stuck with them. Not bad for a small county town in a rural backwater.
Nobody doubts they are a big club it's the arrogance that does me in. I hope we get amongst it and 'embarass' them. Little Plimuff are more than capable of turning them over that's for sure

Last edited:

bigalf

R.I.P
Dec 13, 2005
Keyham
Comparing the transport infrastructure both by road and rail of Ipswich and Plymouth, I would suggest it’s not Ipswich that is an isolated rural backwater.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
I was actually quite impressed with Ipswich as a place, though I had low expectations and it was a sunny day.

Even more impressed with Portman Road.

Mark58

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Feb 19, 2018
I know where I'd rather live though. Ipswich as a town does not seem to have many redeeming features other than being relatively easy to get out of.
Despite a working lifetime that has taken me to many parts of the UK I have never been to Ipswich. Have I missed much? ;)

NLG

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jan 16, 2006
Although the west country is a beautiful area, I sometimes feel people are slightly deluded about how nice Plymouth is, its not like its a Bath or Cheltenham, it has some very run down areas and the stuff rebuilt after the bombing in WW2 is very lacking in any architectural merit. I would not rate it over Ipswich, except for its location personally.

Reactions: Paul H

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
It's our proximity to the sea/ocean that makes us far nicer than Bath or Cheltenham.

However, I have to admit both of them architecturally are in a different league. I personally think Bath is up there with Edinburgh.

Reactions: Penlee