♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Good news - more publicity and some extra cash from Sky.. 👍👍

mutley marvel

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Feb 13, 2021
Last time we had the privilege of being on SKY it was absolutely heartbreaking.

Hopefully this time round we will have a better outcome

NLG

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jan 16, 2006
At least it should be a financial bonus, as we should still get a decent crowd in for this one plus the TV money. However it will be at the end of a really difficult month, so if we have been hammered a few times the crowd may not be so big !

greendom

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jul 28, 2022
Not sure about the publicity - nobody watches league one games except fans for the clubs involved surely?
Obviously I can’t speak for everyone, but as a football fan in general, as well as a lot of my friends, I tend to watch most matches on tv, regardless if I support that team or not. I think you’ll find more people will watch it than you expect.

greenplumber

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Jun 10, 2015
I will be on my way to Mauritius, was going to the Saturday game because I didn't want to miss it gutted!! Will have to watch it at Heathrow if it is on there before my flight goes.

Jan 6, 2004
Obviously I can’t speak for everyone, but as a football fan in general, as well as a lot of my friends, I tend to watch most matches on tv, regardless if I support that team or not. I think you’ll find more people will watch it than you expect.
fair enough, would be interested to know what the viewing figures were for this type of game

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
fair enough, would be interested to know what the viewing figures were for this type of game
I don't know the number of viewers Sky get for lower league games but I saw recently that only ONCE has a game on Sky ever had more than 4 million live viewers and that was Man City v Man United in the 2012 run-in when City beat United on their way to their first Premier League title.

Sky football is quite insignificant when it comes to viewing figures in TV terms. For instance, EastEnders at it's lowest point of it's popularity over the years still attracted audiences of 4 million.