Ipswich game moved to Sunday and live on TV | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Ipswich game moved to Sunday and live on TV

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
I don't know the number of viewers Sky get for lower league games but I saw recently that only ONCE has a game on Sky ever had more than 4 million live viewers and that was Man City v Man United in the 2012 run-in when City beat United on their way to their first Premier League title.

Sky football is quite insignificant when it comes to viewing figures in TV terms. For instance, EastEnders at it's lowest point of it's popularity over the years still attracted audiences of 4 million.
Yes! It isn't on 'TV', it's on Sky, which is not the same!!

Jul 27, 2011
St Austell
I don't know the number of viewers Sky get for lower league games but I saw recently that only ONCE has a game on Sky ever had more than 4 million live viewers and that was Man City v Man United in the 2012 run-in when City beat United on their way to their first Premier League title.

Sky football is quite insignificant when it comes to viewing figures in TV terms. For instance, EastEnders at it's lowest point of it's popularity over the years still attracted audiences of 4 million.
True but I cannot imagine more than double that 4 million have a Sky Sports subscription?

Reactions: Lundan Cabbie

Bryan Tregunna

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Sep 22, 2003
It's the international audience that is attracted to Argyle - a global brand. 🙂

Aug 4, 2011
True but I cannot imagine more than double that 4 million have a Sky Sports subscription?
And that probably doesn’t include pub viewings does it? Don’t see many locals getting packed out for an Eastenders omnibus

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Ipswich have had a player called up for international duty with a very slight possibility of another two players being called up.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Ipswich have just had another player called up for international duty. One more player and Ipswich could ask for the game to be postponed.
Sky must be worried.

Ipswich have two more players who could be called up by Egypt and Republic of Ireland.
Guinea-Bissau don't have a game plus Camara isn't match fit.

Last edited:

mutley marvel

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Feb 13, 2021
If the game is postponed would they look to televise another league 1 game

Their enforcer plays for Egypt - i would think Ipswich would appreciate Countries not dragging their feet when it comes to calling up their respective players

When all his said & done Ipswich hold the cards if a 3rd player is called up

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Sky might opt to move the Sheffield Wednesday v Wycombe game to fill our slot in a Sunday.

I think it comes down to Ipswich captain Sam Morsy and whether he is selected by Egypt.
The new Egypt manager placed Morsy on a foreign player list earlier this month which indicates he will be called up.

bigalf

R.I.P
Dec 13, 2005
Keyham
I wondered why tickets are no longer on sale on the ticket site for the Ipswich game. Thought it might have sold out but I presume this is the reason

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Egypt announce their squad on Saturday so we'll find out then if the Ipswich game is on.

SMG

Oct 22, 2021
Egypt announce their squad on Saturday so we'll find out then if the Ipswich game is on.

Even if Morsy is called up then Ipswich could decide to play anyway. They will probably decide to take the option to postpone but with their strength in depth could confidently decide to play it anyway and avoid a midweek trip to Devon later in the season.

Bryan Tregunna

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Sep 22, 2003
Even if Morsy is called up then Ipswich could decide to play anyway. They will probably decide to take the option to postpone but with their strength in depth could confidently decide to play it anyway and avoid a midweek trip to Devon later in the season.
There's "strength in depth" and then there's "need to put out our strongest side to beat Argyle".