Hull - Do we want them to win or lose tonight? | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Hull - Do we want them to win or lose tonight?

May 22, 2006
Serious clutching at straws going on here.

I remember playing away at Gillingham, last game of the season about six years ago. We had a tiny outside chance of making the play-offs and Gillingham were lower mid-table. We assumed that, as Gillingham basically had the pipe and slippers on, our injury-ravaged team might have a chance. They absolutely creamed us about 5-1.

Either Hull will have nothing to play for, in which case they'll be playing without any pressure. Or they'll need a result, in which case they'll be all guns blazing. Either way they'll likely be far too good for us. Birmingham will have the exact same problem with Norwich.

Oct 19, 2021
I’m not convinced that Norwich will be resting players even if they secure their playoff spot tonight. There are eight days between the last game of the season and the first leg of the playoffs so they will have plenty of rest and we all know that momentum is vital. They won’t want to lose going into the playoffs.

That said, I’m also not sure that Hull will be ‘on the beach’ if they lose tonight. There would still be a 1% chance they could turn the goal difference around and I’m sure they would be going for it.

Jun 4, 2015
Ford
The really depressing thing is that we were playing like Hull before Christmas 😤 People saying Norwich should be comfortably beating Birmingham at St Andrews might do well to remember Brum’s recent 3-0 thumping of another playoff hopefull, Coventry.

Dec 17, 2016
Damn. 3-2 Ipswich....
Was just about to say that if it stayed 2-2, that would put Hull 3 points behind Norwich, but Norwich with 7 goal better goal difference. So my suggestion was: if next Saturday Norwich are losing to Brum should Argyle let 8 goals in in quick succession, to provide incentive for Norwich to pull their collective finger out to get a draw with Brum? Just sayin'.....🤔

• Haha
Reactions: East DevonGreen
Oct 14, 2015
The really depressing thing is that we were playing like Hull before Christmas 😤 People saying Norwich should be comfortably beating Birmingham at St Andrews might do well to remember Brum’s recent 3-0 thumping of another playoff hopefull, Coventry.
To be fair it was a few days before the Coventry FA Cup Semi Final so no great surprise really was it??

Reactions: Keith Hennessey
May 16, 2016
If West Brom lose next week, a Hull win would put them in the play offs on GD, so a Hull win is their minimum target against us.

There's no beach or flip flops involved.