Hull - Do we want them to win or lose tonight? | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Hull - Do we want them to win or lose tonight?

Belfast Green

🇮🇪🇮🇪🇮🇪🇮🇪🇮🇪🇮🇪
Jam First
✅ Evergreen
Jun 23, 2017
Belfast
We have to win, bugger we what Brum do. Hull need to lose tonight, and feel deflated for a ridiculous long journey which means nothing to them.

Im still saying if we lose our last 3 games we deserve to go down.

Time for the players and coaching staff to stop being scared of losing and get out there and give it their all..... Wednesday have been doing it for weeks and now look where they are.
No, if we lose our last three games and end up 21st, then we deserve to stay up. Only just.

Reactions: MustardEagle
Apr 15, 2004
East Devon
Even if Hull lose and Norwich are guaranteed a play off spot this evening there's still something for Norwich to play for next week.

They'll want to finish 5th as Southampton will be an easier opponent in the play offs than whoever finishes 3rd.
Southampton may in theory be easier but not enough to risk your key players. Put yourself in their shoes. Would we field a full strength side and want them to go for it because 'in theory' Southampton are easier ..... or rest your most valuable players so you can punch at full strength when it really matters? I know what I'd do.

Reactions: Fergy
Jul 6, 2005
We need to worry about ourselves
And how's that going then?

We gave failed to score or even manage a decent shot on goal in 180 minutes against Stoke and Millwall, so it's a really big ask to think that we can beat Hull.

I don't fancy us at all against Hull, regardless of the Play-off situation.

We are almost certainly going to need Norwich to not lose at Birmingham.

Apr 9, 2024
What do we want?

An Ipswich win means Hull have nothing to play for on final day, but equally it means Norwich have nothing to play for against Birmingham.

I think what we have learnt today is that just because a team has nothing to play for doesn't mean they won't turn up. However, Norwich, if they have the playoffs already, will undoubtedly rest players...

In a weird way I want Hull to win just so Norwich have to get a result against Birmingham. I know we shouldn't rely on others but right now I'd rather that than rely on Argyle...

A disaster would be a draw meaning Hull have something to play for as they can catch WBA but Norwich are out of sight...
I've been saying for weeks to friends at work that Norwich will be the team to send us down as they'll be on the beach and will give Brum an easy win. This is a horribly similar situation to when Sunderland downed tools whilst safe in the playoffs on the last day when we went down from League 1, giving Southend the easy win.
Hull simply have to win tonight meaning Norwich still need to fight.

Reactions: Wexford Green
Apr 15, 2004
East Devon
I've been saying for weeks to friends at work that Norwich will be the team to send us down as they'll be on the beach and will give Brum an easy win. This is a horribly similar situation to when Sunderland downed tools whilst safe in the playoffs on the last day when we went down from League 1, giving Southend the easy win.
Hull simply have to win tonight meaning Norwich still need to fight.
I've already resigned myself to a Brum win for that reason (quite convincing too) .... It is Sunderland all over again and so really is a MUST WIN for us. No two ways about it ...... unless Hull do beat Ipswich (which I doubt).

Jul 24, 2006
Budapest
Hull losing tonight would render their trip to us next week pointless and annoying. They will have no fight nor will their fans, its not like today where Millwall had their last home game for their fans as a reason to delay the trip to the beach. It will be flat for them. Much rather that than fighting to get in the play offs.

Jul 24, 2006
Budapest
Just to add...... looking at the results today and recent form of the other play off teams, if Hull get a result tonight I would almost make them the most likely to go on and get promotion. Seen it to often in the past where its the team with form and momentum who go up..... not sure I want a fired up Hull at hp next week.

Jun 26, 2023
I really don't think it matters what mindset Hull turn up to HP next week in, any team could come and beat us right now.
We really need Norwich to be wanting to beat Birmingham.
On that basis, a win for Hull tonight I think.

Mar 20, 2008
I really don’t think we will know until about 3pm next Saturday - trying to work it out now is nye on impossible

Millwalls last home game after a year of struggle at a sold out Den is a different proposition to next week - just glad we are at home

May 22, 2006
Hull losing tonight would render their trip to us next week pointless and annoying. They will have no fight nor will their fans, its not like today where Millwall had their last home game for their fans as a reason to delay the trip to the beach. It will be flat for them. Much rather that than fighting to get in the play offs.
Thought Millwall might be on the beach when they came out carrying their kids. Unfortunately we played like we were tied to the sun lougers.

Dec 3, 2022
We definitely want a hull win or draw. Puts pressure on Norwich to win or draw there final game against Birmingham to keep there place in playoffs..

We don't want hull to lose as this takes the pressure off Norwich in there final game

Reactions: Trev501