Hull - Do we want them to win or lose tonight? | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Hull - Do we want them to win or lose tonight?

Sep 2, 2018
Basel
I can't decide - who do we trust more, us to beat a Hull team not fighting for anything, or Brum to beat a Norwich team who can rest players for playoff?

JimC

🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸
Sep 16, 2003
Málaga
Hull win tonight, because we would have to score goals to beat Hull and a pressure free Millwall shows that that didn't help us today, whereas we only need Norwich to get a point at blues for us to stay up (assuming we don't lose by 5+), far more likely to happen if they still need something from the game than it is of us beating Hull.

Mar 12, 2022
What do we want?

An Ipswich win means Hull have nothing to play for on final day, but equally it means Norwich have nothing to play for against Birmingham.

I think what we have learnt today is that just because a team has nothing to play for doesn't mean they won't turn up. However, Norwich, if they have the playoffs already, will undoubtedly rest players...

In a weird way I want Hull to win just so Norwich have to get a result against Birmingham. I know we shouldn't rely on others but right now I'd rather that than rely on Argyle...

A disaster would be a draw meaning Hull have something to play for as they can catch WBA but Norwich are out of sight...

Jul 24, 2006
Budapest
We have to win, bugger we what Brum do. Hull need to lose tonight, and feel deflated for a ridiculous long journey which means nothing to them.

Im still saying if we lose our last 3 games we deserve to go down.

Time for the players and coaching staff to stop being scared of losing and get out there and give it their all..... Wednesday have been doing it for weeks and now look where they are.

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
What do we want?

An Ipswich win means Hull have nothing to play for on final day, but equally it means Norwich have nothing to play for against Birmingham.

I think what we have learnt today is that just because a team has nothing to play for doesn't mean they won't turn up. However, Norwich, if they have the playoffs already, will undoubtedly rest players...

In a weird way I want Hull to win just so Norwich have to get a result against Birmingham. I know we shouldn't rely on others but right now I'd rather that than rely on Argyle...

A disaster would be a draw meaning Hull have something to play for as they can catch WBA but Norwich are out of sight...
i know what you mean "nothing to play for" but the hull players have contracts,transfers and professional pride to play for.

Reactions: Mark Pedlar

JimC

🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸
Sep 16, 2003
Málaga
i know what you mean "nothing to play for" but the hull players have contracts,transfers and professional pride to play for.
They might even be better with the pressure off, if they need something from the game too it could play into our hands more than if they are just out for a free end of season kick about in the park.

Reactions: warney
Nov 18, 2011
Even if Hull lose and Norwich are guaranteed a play off spot this evening there's still something for Norwich to play for next week.

They'll want to finish 5th as Southampton will be an easier opponent in the play offs than whoever finishes 3rd.

JimC

🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸
Sep 16, 2003
Málaga
Even if Hull lose and Norwich are guaranteed a play off spot this evening there's still something for Norwich to play for next week.

They'll want to finish 5th as Southampton will be an easier opponent in the play offs than whoever finishes 3rd.
probably rather face Leeds on current form

JimC

🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸
Sep 16, 2003
Málaga
A draw may be the worst outcome as it still gives Hull something to play for, but Norwich will be safe

Mar 30, 2024
Lose. Not only will Hull be a team with nothing to play for, their players morale will not be good after failing to secure a play-off spot. They will also be a long way from home.

Reactions: MustardEagle

mutley marvel

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Feb 13, 2021
Today mauled by the Lions
Next Saturday it will be the Tigers turn
Don't think i can stomach watching Hull v Ipswich on Sky - Philogene & co don't bear thinking about