Hardie (is he carrying an injury?) | Page 8 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Hardie (is he carrying an injury?)

Aug 8, 2014
Hardie has missed similar chances though. I'd start with Whittaker up top v QPR with Wright and Devine in behind. Bring Hardie on last 25. I'm not convinced re this exhaustion theory but hes clearly lacking confidence.
Interesting idea, and we might dominate the ball more. Not sure whose scoring the goals thou.....

Rowlypilgrim

Jam First
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 13, 2021
So you couldn't answer my question either obviously
Sorry fell asleep due to the boring repetitious nature of your snipes against one player who seems to have for some reason rained on your parade at some point long ago.

Think others with more patience have tried to give you one or two examples. I and many others have sought to educate you as to why the poor bugger hasn’t had many good games since he suffered 2 injuries in close succession.

he will come good again, in the meantime he is still far more an asset than a liability because of his work rate and the threat he carries, but I know only a hat trick every game, left/right and head would start to chill you out 😊

For what it’s worth I would probably rest him Tuesday eve and bring him on after an hour.

Mar 8, 2024
Walthamstow
Hardie always looks better when he's facing the target and has a bit of space to work in. As he's been by far the most advanced Argyle player in Foster's system, he's struggled to make an impact. On Friday, with Cal and Bali looking to make runs in behind and stretch the play, that enabled Hardie to make a bit more space from himself by dropping deeper against an admittedly bad Rotherham. He hasn't the physical grunt or pace to make an impact ploughing a lone furrow up alongside the oppo backline, stood up with his back to goal. The same's probably true of Waino. I think we'll see a more effective RH in the coming weeks.

Reactions: Rowlypilgrim

Mexijan1

🇲🇽🇲🇽🇲🇽🇲🇽🇲🇽🇲🇽
✅ Evergreen
Jul 17, 2023
I didn’t start the thread to debate the relative merits of Ryan Hardie which has been done ad nauseum. It was in response to Friday specifically.

I don’t buy the exhaustion theory. I know he plays the lone striker role which can be tough, but 32 starts in early April is hardly a big season.

Maybe the whack he got after around 5 minutes affected him but he just looked to be playing at 75% and his body language when the camera zoomed in made me think he wasn’t completely happy with life. Not criticising his effort, just that those things are often the sign of a player carrying something. We need him fighting fit for the run in hence the concern, but I guess we’ll never know.
Always difficult to tell with Hardie he always seems to give off a bit of a 'hang dog' body language then explodes into action, maybe playing possum with the CBs. Friday he seemed to be rubbing his hamstring early on but was moving OK aterwards. Strikers go through cold spells and a rest won't help but if he doesn't get one against QPR then putting on the bench against leicester wouldn't be a bad idea. I would start Waine if Hardie needs a rest as he has shown enought for me to have a go and if Hardie is having a confidence crisis then crushing his back-ups confidence too isn't great management IMHO. We don' see training I think KN knows Hardie as well as anyone and will make the right call.

May 11, 2023
Don't understand this "bring on Hardie later in the game if we need a goal". We need a goal NOW - 5 blanks in a row at home. He's still the best we've got to lead the line even if short of confidence and carrying a knock - he has to start against QPR. Leicester might be a different proposition.

Reactions: BrixtonGreen

Rowlypilgrim

Jam First
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 13, 2021
Don't understand this "bring on Hardie later in the game if we need a goal". We need a goal NOW - 5 blanks in a row at home. He's still the best we've got to lead the line even if short of confidence and carrying a knock - he has to start against QPR. Leicester might be a different proposition.
I just think a fresher Hardie able to cram 90 minutes of running into 30 minutes of game on Tuesday eve could be very effective and pull QPR tiring defender all over the place.
I do think giving Moose and Waine some game time with and without RH over the next 2-3 matches might not be a disaster.

if RH goes into the final 3-4 games fresher and maybe feeling like there’s some competition (or at least sharing of the load he has carried up front) it might just bring him back to his best.🤞

Reactions: TimHarris

Bubba

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 26, 2006
Love him or loath him Hardie is the best we have, like the rest of the team his confidence looks low and he’s knackered. He has the ability to score the goals to keep us up and I have more confidence in him than I do Waine or Bhundu.

I do think that getting in that additional striker has hurt us massively this season, historically Cosgrove and Ennis supports and gave us a different dimension, Waine and Bhundu don’t. I love their enthusiasm and think Waine does have potential but needs a run in a team creating chances not necessarily one fighting for their lives.

Lancastergreen

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Jan 12, 2017
Plymouth
It is what it is, Hardie is an athlete and will push himself as hard as he can and his frustration is probably that things aren't going for him right now but we all know that he is capable of hitting the back of the net.
13 goals this season is a good return, he will want to hit at least 15 for the season, we have QPR, Leicester, Stoke, Millwall and Hull, no room for dropping him to the bench and hoping that Waine suddenly becomes a Championship scoring striker.
We either want every chance of staying up or we don't, for me Hardie stays in the starting line up through to the bitter end.

Reactions: oldage
Mar 1, 2024
Wigan
Hardie has missed similar chances though. I'd start with Whittaker up top v QPR with Wright and Devine in behind. Bring Hardie on last 25. I'm not convinced re this exhaustion theory but hes clearly lacking confidence.
Not sure how starting our best player out of position will help. Keep the system the same and either roll again with Hardie or play Waine. Bundu is not a central striker and neither is Whittaker

NLG

✅ Evergreen
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jan 16, 2006
Don't think he will start Tuesday, was limping first half (dead leg?) and will probably not be risked for the full game.

Sep 6, 2006
Sorry fell asleep due to the boring repetitious nature of your snipes against one player who seems to have for some reason rained on your parade at some point long ago.

Think others with more patience have tried to give you one or two examples. I and many others have sought to educate you as to why the poor bugger hasn’t had many good games since he suffered 2 injuries in close succession.

he will come good again, in the meantime he is still far more an asset than a liability because of his work rate and the threat he carries, but I know only a hat trick every game, left/right and head would start to chill you out 😊

For what it’s worth I would probably rest him Tuesday eve and bring him on after an hour.
Ah yes the example I got was Cardiff!! Over 2 months ago. Assume you can't do any better than that. Not great for your boy wonder is it?

Rowlypilgrim

Jam First
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 13, 2021
Ah yes the example I got was Cardiff!! Over 2 months ago. Assume you can't do any better than that. Not great for your boy wonder is it?

💤💤💤 so childish and boringly repetitive….

It seems you just can’t read, understand or respect the numerous responses about the overall worth of the player to the team and the reasoned justification for a fall off in what you judge him by ie goals.

So, yet again, you just persist in the constant recycling of your one man campaign - there really is no hope is there…. Didn’t take long for the old Bally to emerge 😂

Reactions: Lancastergreen
Sep 6, 2006
💤💤💤 so childish and boringly repetitive….

It seems you just can’t read, understand or respect the numerous responses about the overall worth of the player to the team and the reasoned justification for a fall off in what you judge him by ie goals.

So, yet again, you just persist in the constant recycling of your one man campaign - there really is no hope is there…. Didn’t take long for the old Bally to emerge 😂
You disagree with my opinion. Not my fault if you are a poor judge of a player. There isn't a need for personal derogatory comments just because it's a different opinion to yours. Behaving like that says more about you.
Just for the record for the umpteen time for those more objective I ve never said Hardie was a poor player just overrated by quite a few On here.