Hardie (is he carrying an injury?) | Page 12 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Hardie (is he carrying an injury?)

Jan 27, 2006
Foster is blamed for most things so here's another one - it looks like he over used Hardie and ran him into the ground.

Under Foster's 14 games in which Hardie played he played the full game nine times, in two games he was subbed in the 83rd and 87th minute.
In the 20 games before Foster became Head Coach Hardie completed 90 minutes just four times and was subbed seven times in the 80th minute or beyond.

What we are seeing now is a fatigued player because since January a combination of being overused, because we didn't sign a suitable replacement and also because Foster didn't look after him.
*through a period when it was constantly raining so the pitches would have been really heavy.

And also under Foster, I will wager that Ryan had to do more high intensity running per game than normal as it was often just him in the opposition half. Prior to that his role was very much staying within the width of the 18 yard box.

I get Neil Dewsnip being confident that he'll score his next chance but right now the Ryan I see hasn't anything left to get into the positions needed to get a chance.

Sep 6, 2006
*through a period when it was constantly raining so the pitches would have been really heavy.

And also under Foster, I will wager that Ryan had to do more high intensity running per game than normal as it was often just him in the opposition half. Prior to that his role was very much staying within the width of the 18 yard box.

I get Neil Dewsnip being confident that he'll score his next chance but right now the Ryan I see hasn't anything left to get into the positions needed to get a chance.
He had several chances against Blackburn and Norwich. I don't buy all this fatigue nonsense. He can only deliver when he has fantastic service from Whittaker and Azaz. Without that he is lost.

Reactions: Frank Butcher
Jul 12, 2016
He had several chances against Blackburn and Norwich. I don't buy all this fatigue nonsense. He can only deliver when he has fantastic service from Whittaker and Azaz. Without that he is lost.
So at long last you admit that Hardie cannot deliver without the right service!

Sep 6, 2006
So you want our star player Hardie to drop deep?
Or you want our star player Hardie to not drop deep?
Our star player will just do as he is asked to do, if he is told to drop deep he will, if he is told to stay up top he will do, its quite easy really!
Get it?
No it really is not that easy. Hardie does not/will not/ cannot play that role. Have you not worked that out yet? What have you been watching all this time?

smudja

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Dec 29, 2005
Glenrothes
He’s got nothing left in the tank, he’s playing on fumes. I almost think it’s irresponsible for the coaching staff to keep selecting him. It reminds me of when Reuben Reid was clearly crippled but John Sheridan kept playing him regardless. Failing to sign another forward in January is really hurting us.
Didn't exactly have the money, plus any loan options were obviously not available.. cos I believe Argyle would have tried

smudja

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Dec 29, 2005
Glenrothes